The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Lost Lobby Connection?

xXSilverDragonXx
xXSilverDragonXx
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been getting a lot of these, usually when trying to load into a new zone or delve or leaving it. This ONLY started after the updates from hell.

Has anyone else been having these issues? I have no changes in my internet and again, it was not happening prior to the updates.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 27, 2022 8:13PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have gotten these occasionally

specifically a couple nights ago i was "trying" to pvp in grey host, when i was about to join a fight at ash i got booted back to login, then trying to re-log in the character in cyrodiil it failed giving me the lost lobby connection

didnt feel like continuing to mess with it so i just gave up that night

it definitely has been a lot less frequent since they resolved most of the post-U33 release issues, but still something that i never really experienced at all prior to U33
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get it a lot and I have a pretty good guess as to why it happens. Every zone in the game, including Cyrodiil is sharded into slices, and is what the error message refers to as a "lobby". These are spun up or down on demand depending on population. I also suspect that housing and dungeons all end up sharing their own "lobbies" that contain multiple instances of each. For example there was a housing issue at one point which was caused by too many people using a particular house. Also when you fail to load into a queued dungeon straight away (and have to travel to player), it's probably because it had to spin up a new lobby to support it.

The cases where this bug might happen would be
    1. The lobby is full and the server needs to create a new one for you to go into. This timed out or failed for whatever reason. You get booted. This one happens all the time during a busy keep fight in Cyrodiil!
    2. The lobby doesn't exist at all and the server needs to create a new one for you to go into. Most likely for some really obscure delve. This timed out or failed for whatever reason. You get booted.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    To begin troubleshooting this login issue, we recommend the steps found in the link below.

ERROR 334 - ERROR CODE - THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    I get it a lot and I have a pretty good guess as to why it happens.

All of this sounds plausible. Add a "lobby" for initial login as well.

It all boils down to chronic sensitivity to/intolerance of glitchy/slow/intermittently lossy communications infrastructure ("glitchy/slow/lossy" pretty much sums up the internet as a whole, in practice). Not the way to go with large-scale distributed applications (which is what I do for a living, in real life). In fact, actively harmful.

Application design and implementation (including timeout/recovery mechanisms) need to accommodate these environmental constraints, and get tested at scale, before inflicting them on the customer.
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    To begin troubleshooting this login issue, we recommend the steps found in the link below.

I would respectfully request some (any?) evidence that ***Zenimax*** is engaged in "troubleshooting this login issue". Pushing generic procedural boilerplate on the customer that consists of "workarounds" that are manifestly ineffective... characteristically bureaucratic, but also harmful.

Realistically, the pathologies of a (regularly failing) application need to be addressed first, in this case to accommodate the idiosyncrasies of the application's operating environment, before any external action on the part of the customer can be expected to affect the behavior.

By definition, the concept of a "workaround" consists of customer adaptation to defective application behavior, but in this case Zenimax apparently expects the customer to work around the fundamental nature of the operating environment, and the application's selective but equally fundamental incompatibility with it. The dog won't hunt.
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭
    if you are running inventory insight addon, turn it off. worked for me