The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 34 - Bug Reports for Tales of Tribute

• Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    During the questline, in the matches against
    Bragas
    and
    the Khajiit lady
    the NPC's turn wouldn't end, requiring a Concede match and starting the game again. It's really frustrating because it happened both times near victory condition, around 40 points.

In both cases, they would play their cards, but their turn wouldn't end. I don't know if this is relevant but since I had loaded their Decks with the Bewilderment cards, they would "skip" playing those cards. Maybe that bugs out?

I've run into a good number of instances where the NPC turns don't end; the common factor for me was when the NPC got an "Agent" card.
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mujuro wrote: »
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    During the questline, in the matches against
    Bragas
    and
    the Khajiit lady
    the NPC's turn wouldn't end, requiring a Concede match and starting the game again. It's really frustrating because it happened both times near victory condition, around 40 points.

In both cases, they would play their cards, but their turn wouldn't end. I don't know if this is relevant but since I had loaded their Decks with the Bewilderment cards, they would "skip" playing those cards. Maybe that bugs out?

I've run into a good number of instances where the NPC turns don't end; the common factor for me was when the NPC got an "Agent" card.

Yeah this report was for 8.0.0. It's definitely a lot worse on 8.0.1, I couldn't complete a single NPC match.
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    NPC Novice Tribute Player in The Rift got an agent card. Their turn forever :( Happened twice in a row on my attempt to do step 1 of my daily challenge.
    Guess I'll play next week.
  • Sly80
    Sly80
    ✭✭✭
    As it took me a while to work out that the daily quest involved playing 3 NPCs at the same location, by the time I twigged, the lesser 2 of the 3 would not play me, so I could never complete the full quest.

I then did what others have reported: made a second character and attempted the Tales of Tribute from scratch. Of course, character 2 turned out to share the same skill level as character 1 and only the top NPCs would play (and then freeze since the latest patch).

To add insult to injury, character 2 who has never played a single game of Tribute, received a ‘defeat reward’ coffer in the mail (presumable on behalf of character 1 who froze at 42-0 before stomping off in a huff). While I could understand account-wide skills, account-wide rewards seem a bit odd.

Also, why stop people from playing lower skilled NPCs? Any practice is helpful, plus the daily quest is impossible once you reach a given level.
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sly80 wrote: »
    As it took me a while to work out that the daily quest involved playing 3 NPCs at the same location, by the time I twigged, the lesser 2 of the 3 would not play me, so I could never complete the full quest....

The daily quest I had to play NPCs was to play one game in one location. I could then return and claim a "bronze" reward, or go to a second location in a different zone and play another game. After that one, I could return and claim a "silver" reward, or I could go to a third location in a different zone and play another game, to earn a "gold" reward.

I don't know if I had to win the games for the reward or only play them, since I won them anyway.

The confusing part was that I leveled up during the quest, and could no longer play NPCs of the same level, so even though the quest arrow directed me the "Novice" NPC, whose dialogue challenged me to a game, there was no option to play.

But when I talked to the "Proficient" NPC, and the dialogue rudely informed me that I needed more practice before they'd be willing to play against me - the option to play was there, so I did. And THAT counted.

So the daily quest isn't impossible. Just confusing. Or at least it wasn't impossible until the NPC AI was "improved" in the latest patch.

Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NPCs seem especially dim this week yes.

Khajiit keeps winning now and this doesn't seem quite right somehow.

They don't seem to understand getting power points and so are still on a score of 10 or less when this one hits 40.

This one knows she is not an especially good player and so it feels like they have all had sleeping powder poured in their drinks at the tavern.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still unable to complete the quest "A New Venture" on other characters, none of the novices in the gaming hall will play me so am stuck on that quest objective.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • AliasRed
    AliasRed
    ✭✭✭
    ToT game always seems to crash/freeze directly after opponents plays an agent that remains in play!

Only way of exiting game is is to exit the game/client fully and log back into game and restart the match from scratch,
    this will be awful if it makes it to release like this!

Frustrating :(
  • Erorah
    Erorah
    ✭✭✭
    Again, with the Agent Cards in play. They used theirs to minus 2 from mine and we froze that way...
    Had they completed their turn, I would have won and completed my daily :(

azi007arwv4d.png
    Editor: UESP.net > HOUSING! 📔 https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishings
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a few other things I've been noticing about playing against NPCs. They're all very minor compared to the huge issue about the game locking up when an agent is played, but still, here they are.

1. The "Snake Draft" doesn't appear to be working as intended, or at least not as it has been described. The NPC always gets to choose the first two decks, and I always choose the third and fourth. Either I should be choosing the first and fourth, or the second and third.

2. Perhaps this is an AI issue, but is it possible the NPCs aren't always playing their entire hand? It appears that some cards are simply not being played. The NPC sometimes SHOULD be getting power that converts into prestige, and it doesn't happen. Sometimes at the end of the NPC's turn, I see the last cards going directly from the hand to the cooldown as if they weren't played. At some point I started watching the NPC's deck very closely, to see if there was an Agent card in it, since we now know that Agent cards are the trigger for crashing the NPC AI and causing a game to fail. One of those games, there WAS an Agent card in the deck, but the entire deck was played through and reshuffled without the Agent card being played. The card was beneficial; there was no reason why it should've been skipped.

One more point - I played one game where the NPC bought a Contract Agent card, and it didn't lock up. Perhaps because it was a Contract Agent? I think it was also the last card played that turn; maybe that made a difference too.

Overall, I've just changed my strategy vs NPCs: Buy up Agents to keep the NPC from getting them, and/or try to win before the NPC can play an Agent. It may not be the original point of the game, but for now -- it is.
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. The "Snake Draft" doesn't appear to be working as intended, or at least not as it has been described. The NPC always gets to choose the first two decks, and I always choose the third and fourth. Either I should be choosing the first and fourth, or the second and third.

Second this.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Second this.

Just from what I've found, the Snake Draft, 1-2-1 only happens when playing another player.
    Against NPC's it's 2-2.
    :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPC AI doesn't freeze when playing Contract Agents like Karthstalker. When playing regular Agents they always bug out.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have screenshots of two games where the NPC stopped responding when it was time to end their turn. I conceded to check if the game would crash. It didn't. I'm sure this has nothing to do with my being well on my way to win both games. *stares at NPC*

Both times the NPC had just in that turn played an active agent card. This is the only similarity I see in the two hands.

3bdwbg98dkkp.jpg

927lzmm64hoq.jpg

I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    I have screenshots of two games where the NPC stopped responding when it was time to end their turn. I conceded to check if the game would crash. It didn't. I'm sure this has nothing to do with my being well on my way to win both games. *stares at NPC*

Both times the NPC had just in that turn played an active agent card. This is the only similarity I see in the two hands.

3bdwbg98dkkp.jpg

927lzmm64hoq.jpg

I was finally able to win a game, but this time the NPC AI never played an agent card. I don't think it had a chance to even acquire one this time, to be honest.

Also, I'd managed to get the favor of three Patrons by end of game. The last one required the opponent to have an agent card in play. Then I could pay 6 gold and get the favor of the last Patron. Is it possible that the NPC AI satisfying their part of the Patron action proc is what is hanging up the game when the NPC plays an agent in their hand?

I will add that I played two agent cards and had no issue with ending my turn (or indeed, the NPC AI being able to eliminate the agent card with their own actions).
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5i9q0u329hey.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

It's been 3 days since multiple people have reported this bug (which has a reproducibility of 100% btw). This is the big feature for the year.

At the very least please acknowledge the bug and if there are no plans to do anything about till 8.0.2 next week, please say that. This minigame requires strategy and thought, and not being able to complete NPC matches after spending 10-15 minutes in a game is really frustrating.
    Edited by xgoku1 on April 29, 2022 4:43PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey all, wanted to address some of the last few notes on Snake Draft and AI after checking in with the team.

Snake Draft is working as intended for PvE and PvP. For PvE, some NPCs are tuned to play specific decks and as a result, the snake draft operates differently than in PvP.

As for the AI, our teams are looking into the comments related to that in this thread. The team wants to relay that they will be working to ensure that the AI is smarter around playing its cards and using patrons. This change will not happen in this PTS, but they are aware and working on it. The team is focused on making sure AI is enhanced and the game is functioning properly.

Thanks for sharing your bugs so far and please continue to do so as they come up. The team is monitoring this thread and working on bug fixes.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hey all, wanted to address some of the last few notes on Snake Draft and AI after checking in with the team.

Snake Draft is working as intended for PvE and PvP. For PvE, some NPCs are tuned to play specific decks and as a result, the snake draft operates differently than in PvP.

As for the AI, our teams are looking into the comments related to that in this thread. The team wants to relay that they will be working to ensure that the AI is smarter around playing its cards and using patrons. This change will not happen in this PTS, but they are aware and working on it. The team is focused on making sure AI is enhanced and the game is functioning properly.

Thanks for sharing your bugs so far and please continue to do so as they come up. The team is monitoring this thread and working on bug fixes.

Thanks for the update.
  • prodiginous_D
    prodiginous_D
    Soul Shriven
    When playing an NPC, if the NPC does a combo, the NPC stops doing actions and freezes the game on their turn, forcing the player to concede the match to reset the game.
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    here's what happens to the UI when my NPC opponent gets an agent.... i can't click anything in game. escape brings up the auto play or concede menu. /bug brings up the auto play or concede menu. all I can do is concede.
    default 4 decks. I don't know if you can imagine how frustrating this is, but it's EXTREMELY frustrating. been like this all week.
    is there any other way i can help? I feel like this is a SHOW STOPPING bug. can we reiterate how big of a deal this is? completely unplayable as soon as the npc gets an agent.
    https://youtu.be/ClcILpWW3rE
  • Erorah
    Erorah
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I am either buying and not using or sending Agent cards out of the game when possible. That way NOBODY gets hurt! LOL
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    I turned off addons, played a couple, won 2 games where the NPC didn't get any agents. Was ABOUT to win my third for the gold daily reward, and then they got an agent. It looks like they finished playing their turn, as they played more cards after that, and instead of the game ending, it just hung. No amount of waiting helps at this point.

fn3sxmnhzen2.png
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToT is basically unplayable whilst this agent bug goes unfixed.
  • Vexen
    Vexen
    ✭✭✭
    I can't click on any of the patron cards despite meeting requirements during the tutorial. I don't know if that's intended or not but haven't played outside of the initial tutorial to know if that carries forward.
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vexen wrote: »
    I can't click on any of the patron cards despite meeting requirements during the tutorial. I don't know if that's intended or not but haven't played outside of the initial tutorial to know if that carries forward.

Tutorial forces you to play only the cards that you're told you should be playing. It's very confusing in a number of ways, starting with the fact that the first thing you're told you should do is buy a card from the Tavern.

The first thing Brahgas should tell you to do is play the "gold" cards in your hand so you have gold to buy the tavern card with!

Maybe that's blatently obvious to anyone who's played similar games, but to someone who hasn't, it's not. After you've seen it, or done it, it's pretty simple - but for the FIRST TIME, if you've never done anything like this, the only thing that's highlighted is the card in the tavern, and that's the only thing you've been instructed to interact with, but you can't.

It didn't take me long to figure it out, but there are a lot of different people from different backgrounds playing.
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are problems with a couple of Patrons in NPC games. (I haven't been playing many games vs players, so can't say about those.)

Ansei Frandar Hunding: Neutral state tooltip sometimes says, "Opponent pays 2 power..." instead of "You pay 2 power..." When this occurs, it's not possible to gain the favor of this patron.

Grandmaster Delmene Hlaalu: Tooltip says that you can sacrifice a card with a value greater than zero, but it will sometimes let you sacrifice any card at all. Since it gives you Prestige equal to the card's value minus 1, you lose nothing by sacrificing a card of value zero - in fact, it might benefit your deck to do this. (I wonder if you can sacrifice a cursed "Bewilderment" card created by Rahjin?)

Also, the tooltip for this one during the game is often replaced by "You cannot gain the favor of this Patron" despite the fact that it will let you do it anyway. When the tooltip is missing, it's gone for the entire game.

Suggestion for Rahjin and Orgnum: Add a brief footnote text to the end of the tooltip to give a clue about the "Bewilderment" and "Maormer Boarding Party" cards. (Also, "Maormer" is spelled wrong on the tooltip - the "r" is missing.)

"Bewilderment"*

* Has no effect; must be played first when drawn

"Maormer Boarding Party"*

* Add 2 Prestige

Like that.

• AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    Unsure if this has already been mentioned but thought I would post it anyway.

The card "Legion's Arrival", an upgrade to the card "Reinforcements" (both from Saint Pelin) appears to be using the play effect/combos from "Reinforcements", and vice versa. "Reinforcements" currently has more play effect/combos than "Legion's Arrival", so this upgrade currently makes no sense - it is in fact a downgrade. Pics attached!

nqve4g8fkb09.png
    vz46kpig29ba.png
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • Synaryn
    Synaryn
    ✭✭✭
    Pelin's Patron ability to return an Agent to the top of your draw pile is sometimes not working when I activate it.
  • Erorah
    Erorah
    ✭✭✭
    In my latest game, the NPC played and Agent, and played 3 more hands...
    I was about to use my next hand to turn the last Patron and end the precarious-seeming game, WHEN THE GAME HUNG!

:cry:

iboslsszgrhy.png
  • AliasRed
    AliasRed
    ✭✭✭
    Also games with the founders seem to be bugged.
    Tried starting a game with "the author" numerous times, get the play tribute option, click play tribute option and then nothing happens :(
    Completed all the ToT quests and am master level player so as far as i understand i should be able to play the founders?