The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Targeting Reticle not working

Firechikkin
Firechikkin
Soul Shriven
I am sooo bummed about the issues this game has been experiencing. The main one for me is that the target reticle periodically goes missing. Today it has happened again. I have ran the repair function from the launcher. I have closed the launcher and reopened the launcher. That helped me get the audio working again. But sadly, my character is yet again stuck in a room and I have no way to interact with characters or objects. Therefore, I cannot open the door to get out of the room. Support helped me out the last time, however it has happened again and I don't know what else to do except cry.
  • Firechikkin
    Firechikkin
    Soul Shriven
    Update, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I have disabled the addons.
  • Firechikkin
    Firechikkin
    Soul Shriven
    And it is still the same. No target reticle. I am going to take the computer into the shop next and see if it has any possible contributing issues.
  • Firechikkin
    Firechikkin
    Soul Shriven
    Took computer into shop and all diagnostics came back great. Log into play ... no target reticle!!!! Seriously! What do I have to do to just open up the game and play? As it is now I am uninstalling/reinstalling (again) only because sometimes that works. But, for whatever reason it doesn't remain the next time I login. Beautiful game, however it is not enjoyable if it doesn't work!

To add to this problem I cannot make a ticket without attaching a report from your game consultant. I open that up from the launch screen and it is unresponsive. So now I cannot actually make a ticket to get a hold of tech support! Please someone respond to this
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Firechikkin

The thread below has some possible reasons as to why your target reticle may be missing.

targeting reticule has disappeared, unable to interact with anything?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Firechikkin
    Firechikkin
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I have tried and failed in most of those. Support finally gave me the advice to lower my graphics to a medium level and to take it from Fullscreen to Window Fullscreen. These adjustments seem to have helped. However, at the time of this writing, I just logged in and had no targeting reticle again :(
    So it is a fix but not a consistent solution. It's a shame I have to lower graphics because my graphics card is really good. I have a Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB graphics card, but I guess it is what it is. I am just planning on spending 30 minutes troubleshooting this game, before login. This means I don't always play as often, because I may not have the patience to babysit that much.

• Firechikkin
    Firechikkin
    Soul Shriven
    Update... Sorry, support guys, it's back. No target reticle again :(
    I have tried troubleshooting and am on login number 9 today. I am posting here because maybe, just maybe, the Forum Gods are watching and can help out with some more suggestions. I am an ESO plus member, and I am financially invested in making this work. It is so hit/miss, and it increasingly becomes harder and harder to log in to the game.

I am missing out on so many gift items, event opportunities, and other fun things. I understand that these games can get kinda buggy sometimes, but this is getting sad. Please help!

I have no add-ons running.
    I am running it fresh each time (as per support advice). I am removing the icon from the loading dock each time, and I know this shouldn't matter.
    I am making sure that no other programs are running (as per support advice)
    I have hit the Alt/Option Key,
    I have hit the "." key because that has something to do with cursor mode (?),
    I have unplugged/replugged my router,
    I have checked for updates,
    I have run repairs,
    I have to uninstall/reinstall ESO,
    I shut down my computer
    I am running it on low to medium graphic settings (as per support advice)
    I am exhausted

I feel like this is something simple/stupid. But I cannot find it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Firechikkin

Would you be able to provide your current ticket number?
    Staff Post
  • AngryLorekeeper
    AngryLorekeeper
    ✭✭✭
    I had similar issues as well, and I found it was tied to the pointer size. Mine had been set as low as it could be and I bumped it up just a tiny amount and the problem went away. The setting is found in Accessibility->Display->Pointer->Pointer Size

I hope this helps
  • Firechikkin
    Firechikkin
    Soul Shriven
    My ticket number is Incident: 220409-004249

@AngryLorekeeper I will look into the pointer size and thank you!
  • Firechikkin
    Firechikkin
    Soul Shriven
    Update- I tried bumping up my pointer size and when I logged in, I still had no target. :(
    Keep suggestions coming and I will try them all
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Firechikkin

Thanks for providing your ticket number. We've sent you a PM with details on your current ticket.
    Staff Post