The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Time to bring back proc sets to Ravenwatch

dinokstrunz
dinokstrunz
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously this nonsense is way over due, CP pvp is garbage, IC is dead 90% of the time and Battleground queue times are too long. It's time to bring proc set enabled Ravenwatch back. C'mon ZoS ravenwatch is graveyard nowadays compared to when it was proc set enabled.
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 11, 2022 11:56PM
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please no, I'm so sick of Dark Convergence, Plaguebreak and unkillable tanks. I'm enjoying Ravenwatch a lot as it is now. And it's not less populated than other campaigns, at least not on PC/EU.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no, I'm so sick of Dark Convergence, Plaguebreak and unkillable tanks. I'm enjoying Ravenwatch a lot as it is now. And it's not less populated than other campaigns, at least not on PC/EU.

The campaign dies by 8pm UK time, when one faction owns 90% of the map, it's trash I'm afraid, yes I hate Dark Convergence too but there's no other way to go about it. Tanky players exist no matter where you go. Proc set enabled Ravenwatch will be much more bearable than Greyhost.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No thanks
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks

It would 100% populate Ravenwatch again, it's not even 9pm UK time and the campaign is dead.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No thanks

It would 100% populate Ravenwatch again, it's not even 9pm UK time and the campaign is dead.

On pcna we have 2-poplock on all factions most nights until 11pm or so
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Virtually everyone I know who plays in raven does it to avoid the proc sets and improve performance. Bringing them back would completely negate that.
    Sorry but you are the minority here.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Virtually everyone I know who plays in raven does it to avoid the proc sets and improve performance. Bringing them back would completely negate that.
    Sorry but you are the minority here.

Really is that why people left to play on Greyhost? Almost every guild I know jumped onto CP campaign. The campaign is lifeless after 9pm on Ravenwatch, I've been playing there for the last several days and I often find myself nothing to fight. The numbers are way down, it's painfully obvious. It's been proven already that procs sets aren't really the main cause of lag. Just 1 ball group and the campaign starts lagging out, even when all factions aren't even near locked. I'm sorry but you're the one who is in the wrong & the minority.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that the list of available sets in Ravenwatch should be increased. I think that we should be able to use "non-burst" & "non-execute" proc sets. So dot or hot sets could be used, but if a set that has a non-dot damage or execute modifier (example: Plaguebreak, Dark Convergence, Zaan, Caluurion) it would not work.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 25, 2022 4:26PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the number of sets should be decreased tbh. Why do things like titanborn and pariah work?? Its not that I enjoy having a lack of options its just that I like it when rules make sense. And then maybe they could add some new stat sets one day instead of crazier and crazier group based buff procs.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i preferred raven when it was just no cp with procs (same rules as BGs)

i usually just go to blackreach for better performance than greyhost (greyhost is awful and is usually hard to play in any amount of large fights)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I think the number of sets should be decreased tbh. Why do things like titanborn and pariah work?? Its not that I enjoy having a lack of options its just that I like it when rules make sense. And then maybe they could add some new stat sets one day instead of crazier and crazier group based buff procs.

the main problem i have with the no procs rule right now is that its very unclear in the game what sets are "allowed"

personally i think it would have been better if they just went to the extreme, no set gear allowed at all lol

no cp + no set gear (all set gear bonuses disabled) is probably one of the absolutely most "balanced" scenarios i can think of because at that point its all about player skill and your bar setups, and it would be an easier rule to understand than the "no procs" rule (where some stuff works, some stuff doesnt, but its not identifiable in game what doesnt work without trying it)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I've just came back to the game and I play on GH once a week and OMG the lag is brutal, even attacking NPCs takes time, the lag isn't as bad in RW than it is in GH

Proof that procs are playing on the server all those calculations it has to do from all the different sets
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • QuintusVaLari
    QuintusVaLari
    ✭✭✭
    No, I've just came back to the game and I play on GH once a week and OMG the lag is brutal, even attacking NPCs takes time, the lag isn't as bad in RW than it is in GH

Proof that procs are playing on the server all those calculations it has to do from all the different sets

Since the upgrades last week or so GH and BR have been smooth with very little lag, and situations where it does lag (like when there are 100+ people at a keep) cause lag on Ravenwatch too. The difference is outside of Midyear Mayhem (where Ravenwatch had monsterous lag a few times) there has not been enough players on Ravenwatch to lag it at any fight.

Edited by QuintusVaLari on May 11, 2022 4:09PM
    QuintusVa'Lari
    Former Emperor Sorc Werewolf
    Legendary Squirrel Chaser
    Bringer of Baps

Quintessential Gaming YouTube
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I played some in Grey Host this last week, and I think people are vastly overstating the improvement of the situation there. Better, sure, but "smooth, with very little lag"? No, not really - still in a completely different (much worse) league to anywhere else in the game.
  • BrianEno
    BrianEno
    ✭✭✭
    In CP campaigns everywhere you go theres dark convergence spam, every fight, every time.
    We already have 2 campaigns for those who want this type of quality gameplay. It makes no sense to exclude the only no proc campaign from the game.
    A proc set that would be welcome in ravenwatch is VD. Dark convergence, plague, etc, no tks.
    Edited by BrianEno on May 11, 2022 6:54PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly prefer no proc pvp, proc sets are really not fun at all and ZoS has no intention to stop adding procs into the game. Ravenwatch feels like a breath of fresh air sometimes for PVP. I'd like to keep no proc as an option, even if they add a second no CP campaign
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings!

We have decided to close this thread as a duplicate to a slightly more active thread, which can be found here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.