The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Pc Controller help

SOLDIER_1stClass
SOLDIER_1stClass
✭✭✭✭
So, I just returned to PC after a hiatus but I still wanting to use the controller to play. However, every time I press A on the xbox controller it roll dodges and as a result I can't perform simple actions such as talking to an NPC or interacting with an item or object.

Does anyone know a fix?

I've tried resetting defaults and it does not fix the issue.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 14, 2022 11:52PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't remap the controls?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried remapping the controls and setting back to default. A isn't even set to dodge, its LT+A and yet just pressing A by itself makes my character dodge roll.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try another controller is all I can suggest.
    PC NA
  • Bitter_Apple21
    The first time I loaded up CMX (Christmas I think), the initial toon I played worked fine, but when I pulled up a second toon, I had the same issue.

I do not know what the cause was, as I do not muck around with mapping (running controller as well), but I exited eso, and went back in and it cleared.

Has not happened since.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SOLDIER_1stClass

Another step that may help is to remove any add-ons you're using followed by running a repair through the ESO launcher. Please let us know if that helps with getting your controller to map correctly.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest resetting the controls to default. It sounds like your key binds are messed up. I play with controller on PC and have never had anything like that happen.
  • FoxyCleopatra42
    FoxyCleopatra42
    Soul Shriven
    I've been having the same issue - but when I press the A button, it brings up the chat box and prompts me to type a message instead of interacting with whatever it is I'm trying to interact with (or to jump if that's what I'm doing). Also getting a weird roll dodge when I move my joystick at random times. Trying a repair, hope it works.
  • Gegensmith
    Gegensmith
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this will help, but I found that my characters were dodge rolling all the time. I realised it was a setting in the game setting to "double click to dodge roll". Check if that's on and try with it switched off if it is. Might be that.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question about controller ? is there any controller / gamepad support for PC
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question about controller ? is there any controller / gamepad support for PC

What, exactly, are you looking for?

I've been using a controller since I started playing in 2017.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »

What, exactly, are you looking for?

I've been using a controller since I started playing in 2017.

Controller support meaning the interface of addons and how can controller users use some add ons a bit better - AlphaGear2, & Caro's Skill and Champion Point Saver. I noticed in BG's and open world pvp CP players being able to change builds on the fly if they die or not in combat to counter my build with gear skills and CP. Id say its unfair but that's the game now kinds broken but id like to do the same thing if its possible on controller. So Gamepad support id think ZOS would have to help controller players even the odds with keyboard and mouse.

Or I learn K/M and buy the secret add-ons the sweats are using just to compete. lol
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The following help article below goes over controller support in ESO.

Why isn’t my controller working when playing The Elder Scrolls Online on PC / Mac?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post