The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Black static / snow in the sky - PS5

Carnage23666
Carnage23666
Soul Shriven
For over a week now, every time I log in, there is black static flickering in the sky. I have noticed it is only seems to be where there are clouds. It seems as if a sprite for dust effects etc isn't rendering or something. I tried completely erasing the game and reinstalling, to zero effect. It is making it extremely hard to play, as it is very distracting to have the sky looking like static all the time. I have attached a screenshot, the black squares you see jitter and jump around like tv static.

119cxu6f4a5k.png

Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 17, 2022 9:16PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is also a long, thin white bar across your skill icons as well. Is that an artifact that is part of this problem as well?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've not seen that at all (PS5 EU). Grasping at straws as I see you have already re-installed, is it the same if you switch between fidelity and performance mode?
    Soupy twist
  • Carnage23666
    Carnage23666
    Soul Shriven
    There is also a long, thin white bar across your skill icons as well. Is that an artifact that is part of this problem as well?

That’s from taking a screen grab of the image from PlayStation chat, lol.
  • Carnage23666
    Carnage23666
    Soul Shriven
    fizl101 wrote: »
    I've not seen that at all (PS5 EU). Grasping at straws as I see you have already re-installed, is it the same if you switch between fidelity and performance mode?

Yeah I’ve tried all the graphical settings to no avail.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That’s from taking a screen grab of the image from PlayStation chat, lol.

Hmm, I’ve never seen anything like that before either.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Carnage23666

Have you tried either clearing the local save cache or completely reinstalling ESO on your PS5?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Carnage23666
    Carnage23666
    Soul Shriven
    Posting an update here for anyone encountering this problem. It turns out this in an issue with the ps5 itself. After support abruptly ended my ticket and just sent me a link to PlayStation support (without an explanation stating they knew this was a ps5 problem…) I started a ticket with Sony and very quickly was escalated to warranty repair. Turns out this is a known problem with the PS5. What really sucks is I won’t have the console for at least a month, but at least the problem will be solved.
    So to anyone having this problem, call Sony immediately to start warranty repair/replacement.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Posting an update here for anyone encountering this problem. It turns out this in an issue with the ps5 itself. After support abruptly ended my ticket and just sent me a link to PlayStation support (without an explanation stating they knew this was a ps5 problem…) I started a ticket with Sony and very quickly was escalated to warranty repair. Turns out this is a known problem with the PS5. What really sucks is I won’t have the console for at least a month, but at least the problem will be solved.
    So to anyone having this problem, call Sony immediately to start warranty repair/replacement.

Glad at least you know the resolution, even though its not ideal to be without your PS5!
    Soupy twist
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the update on this situation. Since the OP has discovered the culprit for the black static, we will now close the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.