The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Deadland Coffers are bugged!

Bragerth
Bragerth
✭✭
It has now been over three months and still no second lead drops for either mythic, id like to finish the Lore on these items but they continue not to drop, my brother has a similar issue in black drake villa with the lead there. I'm under the impression that these bug when you only have one left to collect in your codex. I refuse this to be bad rng, especially when its happening to multiple people.
  • Bragerth
    Bragerth
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin could you pleaseeeeeee check into this, since its once a day you would think the rng would have thrown it out of the coffer by now.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi RavenXIV. Thanks for the ping. We'll check with the Dev Team and see what's happening here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten a second lead for the one in Black Drake, but not from the coffers yet. I did find almost all the Deadlands leads seemed to take significantly longer the second time though. Perhaps it's all in my head, perhaps not. It's interesting to see others experiencing it as well. If there is something fishy, hopefully ZOS will take a look internally. It would be extremely difficult to prove on the player end outside of individual experiences.
  • Bragerth
    Bragerth
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin ty kindly for looking into this!

@redspecter23 that seems to be the problem by chance do you have all the other leads completed and just need that one lead from the coffers? thats what happened with the lead fro black drake got that but cannot get coffer leads. my brother got coffer leadss butt cant get black drake lead!

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RavenXIV I just double checked and I currently have 1 complete Belharza's Band and am only missing the Bull's Head Gallery Rail from the daily reward coffers to make a second copy so it appears I'm in the same situation you are.

I did the full 30 quests required for the achievement and maybe another 20 randomly with friends and just gave up after that. My assumption was that it's either bugged or the drop rate is so low it wasn't worth my time to farm it 2 more times.
  • Bragerth
    Bragerth
    ✭✭
    @redspecter23 Im thinking its bugged after months of doing the coffers and sharing etc! i'm glad they are looking into this though. I don't mind doing the dailies another thirty times as long as they start dropping :D maybe save your coffers and open them when there is a fix at this point.
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes agreed.
    The first version of each lead dropped pretty quick, but the second and third is very out of sequence compared to all other leads before.
    The second lead of furnishings was always really really bad and around 100 to 200 tries, while the first and third are within a 10x range, but never for the leads of mythics. Now the mythics outrange furnishings by far (or are really bugged)

I gave up on the deadlands codex as well, as they seem to be bugged or so much lowered the RNG that it's not worth/fun any more (and i even considered the 3x waterplant lead from shadowfen as kinda funny back in the days)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think at this point, I'd be quite happy if they just went with a single codex entry from now on. Before reconstruction, it made at least a small amount of sense as you might want to farm multiple copies. Things like mythic items and the zone maps seem like unnecessary busy work for very little reward. To put it into perspective, I have 18 toons, all maxed out to 10 on scrying and excavating and found it to be a rewarding, but grindy experience. Even I don't want to do the deadlands codex so who is that aimed at ZOS?
    Edited by redspecter23 on February 25, 2022 4:29PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @RavenXIV. We just heard back from the dev team. This is working as intended and is not a bug. The second drop is possible.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi @RavenXIV. We just heard back from the dev team. This is working as intended and is not a bug. The second drop is possible.

Just to clarify, the second drop being harder to get is intended or the drop is the same rate the second time and that is intended.
  • Bragerth
    Bragerth
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin thank you for checking into it for us I think ill just collect a whole bunch of coffers then open them, don't know if that will give me a better chance if i have more then one but you never know, Could you and the dev team possibly look into maybe making the codex 1 per mythic going forward in the future since there is reconstruction now?
  • Bragerth
    Bragerth
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Reaching out about these coffers I waited and just opened 30 more, is there a way you could look into the antiquity system itself to see if that is bugged. others complain when its stuck on the last lead whatever it may be it will not drop at all. im wondering if its not anything to do with the leads themselves but something blocking it.
  • Bragerth
    Bragerth
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Im reaching out again still no lead I've opened now since the time of deadlands release for the second lead so I can go on to making my third one. This has to be bugged when you get on the last lead you need no matter it be the imperial band ring or the coffer leads it might be possible to get the lead but i think this is bugged based on needing the last lead for the collection! @ZOS_Kevin please look into this again, Don't think I can bare to do anymore coffers.