The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

5.1 support?

ZeroDPS
ZeroDPS
✭✭✭✭
anybody knows if this game supports 5.1 surround system?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 9, 2022 12:20AM
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, my PS5 goes straight to the TV but I can select the Movie option on my receiver remote to get Dolby 5.1 surround. I like to use it to be able to tell where the sound is coming from relative to my character.

The eARC output from the TV to the stereo lets me do that, according to the hubby. He’s the EE major not me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Yes, 5.1 surround sound is supported on PC. For more information please review our FAQ below.

Does ESO support surround sound on Windows?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    Yes, 5.1 surround sound is supported on PC. For more information please review our FAQ below.

Does ESO support surround sound on Windows?

thanks so much will take a look
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to mention that if your system uses Realtek Audio there is a risk that you will not get DD when [digitally] connecting to a surround amplifier. There are older drivers and tweaked drivers on the net so might need to be searched for.

(There usually is a Dolby Prologic I/II mode on amplifiers that uses a stereo signal, analog or digital, to produce a surround mode sound, not to be confused with Dolby Digital which is a 5.1, 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer, surround sound.)
    Edited by Idinuse on March 8, 2022 11:24AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With the OP's question regarding 5.1 surround sound now answered, we've decided to lock this thread from further posts. Anyone with questions or issues related to sound issues is welcome to start a new thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.