The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to login to PTS past the account login screen, anyone else?

Turgenev
Turgenev
✭✭✭
Looked around the PTS forum for this issue and didn't see it mentioned, so if this is already known I apologize and hope you'll link me to the thread. :)

So, PTS. I can get to the login screen. I submit my user/pass, and go to the next load screen just before my character list. About five seconds later, the Ouroboros wheel stops spinning and the audio drops, but the EXE doesn't close. I have to Taskman it every time.

I know Loctavian (Twitch streamer) also has this issue, anyone else experiencing this?
Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
"Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer
  • PapaJester
    PapaJester
    ✭✭✭
    Mine just straight-up crashes at the login screen
  • The_Jster
    The_Jster
    ✭✭
    I was excited to see the account wide titles and achievements but it's giving me crashes too. Reinstalled, repaired, reinstalled drivers, gave firewall perms, reset computer, same issue
    J's Daily Word of Inspiration
    (What will it be? :O)

"Poggers"

Wow!

Also I got godslayer a few times I guess
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine is having problems with it freezing after the login screen.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, are you getting any specific error message when this happens? Also if you could please pass along your UserID, we can dig into this a bit more on our end. Thank you!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • PapaJester
    PapaJester
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno When I start it up, it crashes at or shortly before the login screen, and gives an Error msg:
    Error Code: E8FEEEFFFF7FFFF
    Application terminated

User ID is @PapaJester, but it doesn't even make it to the point where I can use it
    Edited by PapaJester on January 31, 2022 10:36PM
  • neomvll
    neomvll
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I'm crashing too, but after the bethesda intro.
    Before 7.3.0, PTS was working fine.
  • The_Jster
    The_Jster
    ✭✭
    Hey all, are you getting any specific error message when this happens? Also if you could please pass along your UserID, we can dig into this a bit more on our end. Thank you!

Thank you for the response. The error messages I was getting was a few variations of stuff like "Error Code: FA00001FBBBFFFC0"

UserID is @The_Jster

"Poggers"

Wow!

• Tofer2k
    Tofer2k
    ✭✭
    No error message, just a crash to desktop before I can log in. User ID is @Tofer2k
    Edited by Tofer2k on February 1, 2022 7:08AM
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭

Not crashing here, I just get to that splash screen before character selection and the Ouroboros wheel in the lower right stops spinning about five seconds later, then audio drops. At that point I have to taskman the app closed.

@name is @Turgenev
    Edited by Turgenev on February 1, 2022 6:24AM
    Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
    "Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also getting a message when attempting to get in to the pts after downloading and hitting play I get to the screen to adjust middle eso logo till visible then I get error code E8EF90FFA97FFFFF Application terminated ID @LuciferazazeII <--capital i's at the end there
    Edited by Luciferazazell on February 1, 2022 8:31PM
  • WombatNipples65
    WombatNipples65
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't get an error at all, same as what the OP said, submit login details then next loading screen the Ouroborus just stops moving. The game doesn't quit, just sits there idle. Currently reinstalling to see if that fixes the issue. Tried repairing and launching straight form the executable instead of the launcher, neither worked.

User ID: @VVombat

EDIT: After reinstalling, the issue was still there.
    Edited by WombatNipples65 on February 1, 2022 3:08PM
    PC EU
    Wômbat - Khajiit Magicka Nightblade - AR50
  • WombatNipples65
    WombatNipples65
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't get an error at all, same as what the OP said, submit login details then next loading screen the Ouroborus just stops moving. The game doesn't quit, just sits there idle. Currently reinstalling to see if that fixes the issue. Tried repairing and launching straight form the executable instead of the launcher, neither worked.

User ID: @VVombat

EDIT: After reinstalling, the issue was still there.

Following on from this, I continued to try getting on just quitting the application and relaunching, eventually leading to me getting to the character selection screen, to then promptly be met by the application quitting and getting this error message.

lilzr3wx5hkv.png

The only other thing I can think to mention is that the 1 character there has been force name changed by ZoS and subsequently needs me to rename change it before logging in.

EDIT: Following the same process managed to get a different error message.
    14a4qktndqnb.png

EDIT2: And again.
    18tcr5sc0soe.png

EDIT3: ...
    ptw2rmt4wybd.png

wxbqct6l341c.png
    Edited by WombatNipples65 on February 1, 2022 3:46PM
    PC EU
    Wômbat - Khajiit Magicka Nightblade - AR50
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashing also and cannot get to character screen. This is the error message: F64A55BBBFFFCAC
    PC/NA
  • Postminimalist
    Postminimalist
    Soul Shriven
    For those of you who are getting freezes (not crashes):

Updating my driver finally worked. I feel so silly......
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭

Audiodriver? Keyboarddriver? Videodriver? Can you please specify?
  • Postminimalist
    Postminimalist
    Soul Shriven
    HansK wrote: »

Audiodriver? Keyboarddriver? Videodriver? Can you please specify?

Sorry, graphics card driver. My bad for not specifying.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an altogether different and rather strange issue with the PTS. I'm playing it for space reasons on my Windows 7 machine with 0patch for security, and both the live game and the PTS run the game absolutely normally without issue until I quit. At that point there are no problems either from the live game, but when I quit the PTS I can't open my Chrome browser, it just flashes on and off and I have to restart the machine or use a different browser. Has anyone else experienced this or anything similar?
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I uninstalled and reinstalled pts and it still giving error codes it doesn't even make it to login in screen before I crash and get a error code application terminated and its not my pcs memory space as I have 127gs free space after download nsdtpv8s8szo.jpg
    User ID @LuciferazazeII <--- capital i's at the end there
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Do addons need to be turned off on live server ? Not sure first time trying pts there's not much info for pts requirements I do still have windows 10 but it is up to date
    Edited by Luciferazazell on February 1, 2022 11:42PM
  • LtSnowballin
    LtSnowballin
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] I know multiple people now that aren't able to play on the PTS, even with 3+ reinstalls it just continues to crash either right before or after the login screen. Most times without an error code even, and when it does they of course lead to nothing and are just an error code.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Hopefully y'all are able to figure this out. I know TeaTheKhajiit and my friend @The_Jster and many others are encountering this same issue.

[edited for thread bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 4, 2022 7:04PM
    Almost Every Trifecta / Other Half: @NeptunXIV
    #BardKnockLife
    Goblins Are Based
    CP 2000+
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    I have been getting the same error when creating characters or the character selection screen normally one of the two and it just takes a reset for it to start working again

@ChiefChefCheif
    Edited by Nebula_DooM on February 3, 2022 5:08AM
  • LtSnowballin
    LtSnowballin
    ✭✭✭
    I have been getting the same error when creating characters or the character selection screen normally one of the two and it just takes a reset for it to start working again

Yea we can't even get that far in with them haha. The ONLY time we've even made it to the login screen (Not even character select) was like twice out of 15 or so attempts.
    Almost Every Trifecta / Other Half: @NeptunXIV
    #BardKnockLife
    Goblins Are Based
    CP 2000+
  • Dingodhole
    Dingodhole
    ✭✭
    Same issue as OP, Steam login. Userid same as forum.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Been trying to get on for last hour. Keeps getting stuck on loading screen or crashing with "Application Termination" errors. Also when it crashes, music continues to play even though game is no longer on desktop or taskbar, only way to stop the music playing is using task manager to force stop or rebooting PC. User ID Lady_Rosabella
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on February 3, 2022 5:34PM
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Been trying to get on for last hour. Keeps getting stuck on loading screen or crashing with "Application Termination" errors. Also when it crashes, music continues to play even though game is no longer on desktop or taskbar, only way to stop the music playing is using task manager to force stop or rebooting PC. User ID Lady_Rosabella

Just a note @ZOS_GinaBruno I reinstalled my Nvidia graphics driver (even though it was the latest driver) seems to have fixed the issue and I am now able to log into the PTS.
  • The_Jster
    The_Jster
    ✭✭

Just a note @ZOS_GinaBruno I reinstalled my Nvidia graphics driver (even though it was the latest driver) seems to have fixed the issue and I am now able to log into the PTS.

I tried to do this again and it still crashes.

"Poggers"

Wow!

• Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jster wrote: »

I tried to do this again and it still crashes.

:( I had to go into task manager and close all instances of ESO including the launcher which still stayed running after I manually closed it. Then I did a clean install of the Nvidia driver and then restarted my PC. Not sure if that will work for you but it might, I hope it does!
  • Tofer2k
    Tofer2k
    ✭✭
    [

:( I had to go into task manager and close all instances of ESO including the launcher which still stayed running after I manually closed it. Then I did a clean install of the Nvidia driver and then restarted my PC. Not sure if that will work for you but it might, I hope it does!

I tried a clean install of the nVidia driver, and tried starting the PTS client directly after restart. Same crash as before.

[Snip]

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 4, 2022 1:56PM
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No news on a fix for this problem? I'm concerned that it might carry on into the official release!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the banner at the top of this forum - hopefully this will be addressed on Monday.
    Edited by Tandor on February 5, 2022 5:08PM
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope so, as I pre-ordered the new chapter and won't be happy if I cannot even log into it!