The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Update 33 - Feedback Thread for the High Isle Prologue Quest

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the High Isle prologue quest, Ascending Doubt. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • What alliance was your character?
  • How did you initially acquire the quest? (ie: was it through the Crown Store or from the NPC)
  • Did you have any trouble starting or completing the quest?
  • Did you play both quests back-to-back or did you do other activities in between each one?
  • Did you play as a group or solo?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 31, 2022 6:45PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC character, template. Acquired from Jakarn at the Wayrest Wayshrine rather than the Crown Store starter.

No issues with completing the quests solo, looking forward to seeing what comes next!

Quick general feedback/question - this quest takes you to Vvardenfell. How does that work if you don't own the Morrowind Chapter? Morrowind may be free with the base game for all new purchases, but that doesn't apply to everyone.

Bug: The Invitation Medallions have the Waking Flame / Mythic Dawn crest on them in the inventory.

Feedback: "Guild Scholar Valessea" probably doesn't need her title in her name. "Valessea" will do...

Closing comment: As ever, it would be great if once High Isle is out, you can immediately start the first quest of the Zone Story from Lady Arabelle's camp, rather than having to go to High Isle first, so that the prologue and the full story are tied together.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC, stamina templar I already had on NA. Crown Store.
    No problem whatsoever doing and completing the quest in solo mode.

The quest is not particularly challenging. I did not notice any difference in damage dealing from before this patch. Are the changes described operative only on new characters created?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a fan of the use of green swamp jellys in the Sareloth Grotto in Vvardenfell. Swamp Jellys are better off being black marsh exclusive and i forgave them being used in southern elsweyr due to proximity, but vvardenfell already has netches. Please use the green netch variety, the Mossy Netch, in the grotto instead of black marsh's swamp jellys.

Not a fan of the hackwings being used in that sword's rest island place either as its far from black marsh
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 31, 2022 10:57PM
  • SpeaksLessThanYou
    SpeaksLessThanYou
    Soul Shriven
    AD

Crown Store — I’m lazy

No trouble starting

Did it in 2 parts. Before and after chicken fried steak.

Solo, but with Ally and both sorc pets

• etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP Templar level 21 or so (char from NA server copy)
    via Clown Store
    Just ran straight through it solo

First pieces of discussion with Jakarn and the voicing is wrong. The text says

"tend to acquire various contacts"

The voice actor says "contracts" which makes no sense.

Also Valessea is called 'wizard' but is a she. That feels really wrong sounding to me (British English) and appears to be a language difference. Webster (en_US) does not consider it gendered but British English (Oxford etc) does.

Otherwise it seemed to run as expected. Far too much 'long winding single path through spaced mobs', although rather improved by a more interesting end fight than most prologues (or quite a few other things).

Somewhat amused that Jakarn uses language that the game's silly chat filter blocks.

Biggest problem I had is that Solar Barrage kept aggroing every mudcrab for miles around, something I'm fairly sure I don't remember being a problem on live.

(tested on live - and the same mudcrabs do aggro there)
    Edited by etchedpixels on February 1, 2022 8:11PM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Quick general feedback/question - this quest takes you to Vvardenfell. How does that work if you don't own the Morrowind Chapter? Morrowind may be free with the base game for all new purchases, but that doesn't apply to everyone.

I have this same question. How is someone without the Morrowind chapter or ESO+ supposed to complete this quest?

Also, when inside the cave and you are prompted to take the boat back to Vvardenfell, you must bee standing on land. If you are in the water such as on the water side of the boat, interacting with the prompt does not trigger the quest to advance.

One more thing. When you take the boat with Jakarn to Sword's Rest Isle, the boat is the size of a rowboat. Barring some sort of magic, a rowboat is a ridiculous form of transportation when traveling from the central coast of Auridon to an island off Glenumbra. At least let them board one of the large ships at the Skywatch docks or open a portal. The same goes when you take the rowboat from Glenumbra to Vvardenfell.
    Edited by LonePirate on February 1, 2022 4:51AM
  • SpeaksLessThanYou
    SpeaksLessThanYou
    Soul Shriven
    Day 2 with an AD DK this time.

Today Jakarn was so tightly under my arm pit that I could only use the shell on a dead run. Every time I tried it standing still-no matter which way I faced-I would end up talking to him instead.
  • aaajdmchoes
    aaajdmchoes
    Soul Shriven
    This is the official feedback thread for the High Isle prologue quest, Ascending Doubt. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:

What alliance was your character?
    AD

How did you initially acquire the quest? (ie: was it through the Crown Store or from the NPC)
    Through Crown Store

Did you have any trouble starting or completing the quest?
    No

Did you play both quests back-to-back or did you do other activities in between each one?
    Back to back.

Did you play as a group or solo?
    Solo.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Loved the quest, very well written. Only thing I could say is that Jakarn needs to talk less. LOL
  • aaajdmchoes
    aaajdmchoes
    Soul Shriven
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »

I have this same question. How is someone without the Morrowind chapter or ESO+ supposed to complete this quest?

Also, when inside the cave and you are prompted to take the boat back to Vvardenfell, you must bee standing on land. If you are in the water such as on the water side of the boat, interacting with the prompt does not trigger the quest to advance.

One more thing. When you take the boat with Jakarn to Sword's Rest Isle, the boat is the size of a rowboat. Barring some sort of magic, a rowboat is a ridiculous form of transportation when traveling from the central coast of Auridon to an island off Glenumbra. At least let them board one of the large ships at the Skywatch docks or open a portal. The same goes when you take the rowboat from Glenumbra to Vvardenfell.

Had same issue with the boat.

Same perspective like wut, we clearly saw the EP longship sink while headed to the Systres, how is this little rowboat supposed to make it?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Valessea is called 'wizard' but is a she. That feels really wrong sounding to me (British English) and appears to be a language difference. Webster (en_US) does not consider it gendered but British English (Oxford etc) does.

For what it's worth, in the Elder Scrolls, "wizard" is not a gendered term, and usually refers to the rank or skill of the mage.

For example, the Mages Guild in Morrowind and Oblivion both have the rank of wizard, at which you are expected to obtain your own staff.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • How did you initially acquire the quest? (ie: was it through the Crown Store or from the NPC)
    • Did you play both quests back-to-back or did you do other activities in between each one?

AD
    Crown Store
    No.
    Back-to-back.
    Solo.
    • I appreciate that the NPCs acknowledge ‘oh! You’re the one who helped us with this, that and the other thing!’
    • I liked the new Mage Guild robes on Valessea and Delric. Very nice!
    • Jakarn’s initial ‘this is what I’ve been up to’ dialog branch kicked me out of the conversation on completion. Bad manners, Jakarn!
    • Second that the medallions have the Mythic Dawn sigil on them when they’re in the inventory. Fix please!
    • Jakarn got really obnoxious about using the shell to find the medallions - I don’t need him prodding me about it constantly when I already have quest arrows and quest prompts to use the shell - telling me once is enough.
    • Speaking of, the shell had an icon that looked like dye pots instead of something more appropriate, like a shell.
    • ValesSEA giving us a SHELL is a terrible pun. Not a problem as such, but I wanted to let you know I did notice. :p
    • Second that the Moss Jellies and Hackwings seem out of place.
    • Third that the rowboat is ridiculous; please at least give us something with a sail!
    • Lady Arabella’s dialog after the final boss mentions the High King but it’s spelled in all lowercase - it’s a title so it should be capitalized.
    • At some point in the future I would like to see a charm-off between Jakarn and Darien Gautier.
    • I was honestly surprised that the Ascendent Champion WASN’T either Lady Arabella or Valessea. I was expecting more intrigue? I’m also not convinced Delric didn’t sabotage the amulets from the start and then fake his death, so I will be keeping an eye out for him when the Chapter comes out. ;)

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took a DC character to the writ turn-in area outside Mournhold and had no trouble.

That said, I only went to the first (noncombat as it turned out) location. After that I was too dismayed at the changes to Jakarn (previously one of my favorite characters) to continue.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 2, 2022 1:28AM
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Covenant, Breton DK

How did you initially acquire the quest? (ie: was it through the Crown Store or from the NPC)

Crown

This one created a new character and didn’t have full access to wayshrines, so it was a bit of a schelp running to the Stormhaven border to meet Jakarn at Wayrest.

Did you play both quests back-to-back or did you do other activities in between each one?

In between activities. Would’ve liked to play straight through.

Solo

Some of the NPC cutscene/dialogue was already played before this one reached there to see it (eg the Sareleth Grotto with the initial glimpse of the Ascendant Champion). Would be nice to have those scenes activated when the player reaches there.

Like another players a said, Jakarn was following a bit too closely when trying to locate the medallions.

Overall the prologue is very nicely done and enjoyable with some good plot twists.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the NPC cutscene/dialogue was already played before this one reached there to see it (eg the Sareleth Grotto with the initial glimpse of the Ascendant Champion). Would be nice to have those scenes activated when the player reaches there.

Forgot about that. Second this.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD stamplar
    Crown store

Worked sanely until I ported back into Rimmen to check something and another Jakarn oblivious of the prologue got thrown out of a window.

Methinks the Rimmen quest starter shouldn't fire duiring the prologue!
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall Covenant (of course)

Crown store because I couldn't find the quest giver

No issues at all

Played them back to back

Solo

When you start the intro conversation with the NPCs the dialog they tell you its replicated almost the same in the direct next set of dialogs once you click to begin talking to them. It felt really odd that they repeated what they just said, I think from memory Jakarn first did it and then the female scholar did it when you start the next quest.

I found it super short but it gives you the intro of the story so its ok.

I also tested it on my other account that doesn't have Morrowind and sadly I cant do it. Not a big issue for me because I play on my primary account but for players that don't own all the content or don't have ESO Plus but want to start their journey with the prologue and lead into High Isle (like a mate of mine who wants to leave WOW) this you cant and forcing people to buy Morrowind just to play the prologue would be really annoying. I know its done with the DLC Dungeons for the story but the prologue is free with base game or is it not free and you get it when you purchase Morrowind which isnt even the chapter that it relates to... very confusing for a new player.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prologue is free with base game or is it not free and you get it when you purchase Morrowind which isnt even the chapter that it relates to... very confusing for a new player.

Not to disagree with your point but to note that Morrowind is in the "base" package and has been for some time so whilst it would affect some people it'll only be a small number of older accounts not a new player.

Given you can pick up the base game + Morrowind for about $5 on sale events maybe they should just give Morrowind as a loyalty reward to those accounts so old they didn't get it bundled and fix it that way ...
    Edited by etchedpixels on February 2, 2022 3:00PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD CP3600 Template

How did you initially acquire the quest?
    From Jakarn at Wayrest Wayshrine.

I failed to complete the quest. Progress was blocked in Zainsipilu.

fJBfjTI.jpg

Tried /reloadui, exit/re-enter the cave, logout and back in, abandoned the quest and started again. Didn't fix it.

Once I had restarted the quest, taken the cart from Wayrest to Zainsipilu, and talked to the khajiit, I noticed on the map that it was telling me to go to Pulk. But, when I entered Zainsipilu again, Jakarn was there with a white arrow and the Ascendant Order hideout had a quest area marker over it. I still couldn't enter the hideout. Abandoned the quest again.

Jakarn's voice actor changed? He sounds markedly different. He doesn't say Jakarns catch phrases in the same way.

Does everyone have access to Vvardenfell now? Not exactly base game is it.
    PC EU
  • Mephilis78
    Mephilis78
    ✭✭✭
    DC Breton Sorc.

Haven't fully completed yet (I was distracted by something) , but will edit this reply when I do.

So far, I'm liking the quest. My only real issue is Jakarn. I remember Jakarn as the guy on Stros M'Kai who was having a contest with me to see who could kill the most goblins. Yet in the dlc, he completely avoids confrontation... His banter during fights is basically him acting like he's afraid of fighting, albeit in an aloof way.

I also remember that he was the one being stalked by other NPCs, but in the DLC he's a creepy stalker.

I'll edit when I finish the quest. I'm hoping this is some kind of reverse character growth that has a story behind it.

Edit: Now that I've finished and had a few days to let it roll around in my head....

I personally don't have a problem with distances. I actually rather enjoy such things. I consider the lack of distance between objectives in games to be similar to the lack of actual classes in games these days (obviously MMOs don't follow that trend). Streamlining for wider audiences. For me it was refreshing to have to walk a bit.

I also have no issue with the quest taking us to Vvardenfell, since it is actually included with the standard edition of the game now. Following suit with above, I enjoy having cross province quests. I don't want it to be the norm, but I do enjoy getting quests that take me on a little expedition across the continent. For example, the daily assassinations that Elam Drals gives me...

There wasn't anything that stood out too much about the actual gameplay. It was the typical ESO side quest that overlaps with Delves. The story took me a little off guard. For once, I wasn't expecting the twist about the medallions. I also wasn't expecting to have to defend High King Emeric's private estate from an attack... So, in the end, I think there is some potential with the narrative direction you guys have chosen. I'm looking forward to checking it out in the future. I find myself wondering, "What would ESO look like if there was a questline that actually ends the 3 banners war?" It is the central focus of the base game, and exists as a vehicle for PVP... I can envision ways of making a story like that work though. At least a couple. I just hope you don't end up writing yourselves into a corner.
    Edited by Mephilis78 on February 10, 2022 6:01AM
    "'You have suffered for me to win this throne, and I see how you hate jungle. Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you.'" The Many Headed Talos - Michael Kirkbride
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prologue is free with base game or is it not free and you get it when you purchase Morrowind which isnt even the chapter that it relates to... very confusing for a new player.

Not to disagree with your point but to note that Morrowind is in the "base" package and has been for some time so whilst it would affect some people it'll only be a small number of older accounts not a new player.

Given you can pick up the base game + Morrowind for about $5 on sale events maybe they should just give Morrowind as a loyalty reward to those accounts so old they didn't get it bundled and fix it that way ...

As my second account is from when I bought Morrowind Collectors Edition and got the base game key I did not know that Morrowind is part of the game now so very new players probably wont experience this but I know my mate who bought ESO back in the day, was full of bugs so he went back to WOW and now is looking at upgrading to High Isle would affect him.

It would be nice if they added Morrowind to the crown store for free for those accounts that do not have it. @ZOS_GinaBruno is this a possibility do you think, similar to what you did for Imperial City?

I guess my testing on a older account proved fruitful, something I'm sure wouldn't have been done internally. Thanks all.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • OleandersOne
    OleandersOne
    ✭✭✭
    Daggerfall, Breton, magplar, post-vanilla 1400CP from Live

Crown store, after I couldn't find the questgiver in Daggerfall (granted, I didn't search too hard)

No

Back-to-back

Solo

Fun, but very, very short. I always hope for a little voice actor sugar, so I was disappointed by no Emeric interaction. But like Beckinsale for Summerset, I wasn't going into it thinking Nighy was very likely.
    And to the above comment, I actually thought that Jakarn's combat aversions were pretty humorous. I usually prefer NPCs to stay out of the way, so they don't distract me during combat. The final encounter seemed balanced - not very challenging, but I needed to move around a bit, and lower level characters shouldn't find it frustrating.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

DC
    crown store; seemed most expedient
    no.
    both
    solo (game was empty)
    Lady Arabelle's glasses were lol.

• SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mephilis78 wrote: »
    DC Breton Sorc.

Haven't fully completed yet (I was distracted by something) , but will edit this reply when I do.

So far, I'm liking the quest. My only real issue is Jakarn. I remember Jakarn as the guy on Stros M'Kai who was having a contest with me to see who could kill the most goblins. Yet in the dlc, he completely avoids confrontation... His banter during fights is basically him acting like he's afraid of fighting, albeit in an aloof way.

I also remember that he was the one being stalked by other NPCs, but in the DLC he's a creepy stalker.

I'll edit when I finish the quest. I'm hoping this is some kind of reverse character growth that has a story behind it.

This one agrees - in Stros M’Kai Jakarn was a competent fighter. It felt a bit weird seeing him behave like this in the new prologue.

Also agree re the writing - they need to tone down on his Don Giovanni act.
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Aldmeri.
    2. Crown Store.
    3. No problems.
    4. Back-to-back.
    5. Solo.
      • I like the story so far.
      • I'm glad that any recap questions were optional.
      • The final boss fight was pretty lively.
      • Jakarn's wearing out "good-looking", not sure if it's better or worse than "mercenary".
      • Some of the distances travelled are mental. Other players have mention the boat travel and I include the pacing of chasing Jakarn from Windhelm to Skywatch, but there's also Sareloth's Grotto, which starts in West Gash and opens by Lake Amaya.
    Edited by kaushad on February 6, 2022 1:21PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patch 7.3.1
    Almeri Dominion character, picked up the first quest from Jakarn in Deshaan. Jakarn's wagon takes my character to Khartag Point Tarazka tells me the quest objective is "in there", but the map and quest text indicates the objective is in Pulk, not in Khartag Point.
    PC EU
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD, WoodElf Warden

Crown Store as always

No problem starting it, completing it was a bit too easy

Guess it was one? I didn't see two. As far as I know, I did the prologue...wish I could do the dungeons, but I am a
    solo player.

Solo

I loved the storyline and the twist was a nice touch. I am SO happy not to be saving the world from Daedra or a crazy
    cult! Jakarn does overdo the 'Hey Beautiful' line too much, but I had to laugh at his self-serving excuses not to help
    you in a fight. That way of thinking fits in with the personality of a 'smoozer' better, and let's face it...NPCs never
    really help us much anyway. :) I wasn't a fan of it starting in Vardenfel and as noted by others...that boat is way to
    small to go the distance or else it should look enchanted. Loved the snooty Lady Annabella!
  • Ariont
    Ariont
    ✭✭✭
    EP, Khajiit copy of main character that was ported over from live server.

From Jakarn outside Mournhold

No

Back to back

Solo but with Mirri with me

Jakarn follows so close most of the time that he interferes with the ability to start dialogue with other quest NPCs.

Did Jakarn fall on his head of something? He went from the ruffian fighter in the base game to a passive wimp in the prologue.

Probably not a big deal but the glimmer dust emote - seriously should have more effects. (Like a larger area effect like when you cast it in the dungeon. Maybe not as large an area but really its barely visible.

Also the boats to travel on. Quoted from someone who said it better than I.

Edited by Ariont on February 9, 2022 6:02PM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EP Necro Like lvl 38
    Went to Wayrest
    no trouble starting the quest, no glitches in it as far as I could tell.
    back to back
    solo

there was a lot of silly phrase repetition in the questions and answers.

when the magus speaks to the champion in the basement of the retreat he calls a swirly daedra portal and walks into it but then reappears and then just blinks out

Is Jakarn's VA different? Something is very different.

I liked the mechanics of the final fight. I'd actually like it if they were simply defeated so you could run into them again.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Mephilis78
    Mephilis78
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

As a pirate, I would expect you know, but in the old days, it was pretty common, especially at crowded dockyards, to anchor further away from the crowd of ships, and transport crew to shore via rowboat. This is just something that is always in the back of my mind when playing games like this. I just assume that there is a larger "mothership" further out that isn't immediately noticeable.
    "'You have suffered for me to win this throne, and I see how you hate jungle. Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you.'" The Many Headed Talos - Michael Kirkbride
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭

AD
    Crown Store
    No.
    Back-to-back.
    Solo.
    • I appreciate that the NPCs acknowledge ‘oh! You’re the one who helped us with this, that and the other thing!’
    • I liked the new Mage Guild robes on Valessea and Delric. Very nice!
    • Jakarn’s initial ‘this is what I’ve been up to’ dialog branch kicked me out of the conversation on completion. Bad manners, Jakarn!
    • Second that the medallions have the Mythic Dawn sigil on them when they’re in the inventory. Fix please!
    • Jakarn got really obnoxious about using the shell to find the medallions - I don’t need him prodding me about it constantly when I already have quest arrows and quest prompts to use the shell - telling me once is enough.
    • Speaking of, the shell had an icon that looked like dye pots instead of something more appropriate, like a shell.
    • ValesSEA giving us a SHELL is a terrible pun. Not a problem as such, but I wanted to let you know I did notice. :p
    • Second that the Moss Jellies and Hackwings seem out of place.
    • Third that the rowboat is ridiculous; please at least give us something with a sail!
    • Lady Arabella’s dialog after the final boss mentions the High King but it’s spelled in all lowercase - it’s a title so it should be capitalized.
    • At some point in the future I would like to see a charm-off between Jakarn and Darien Gautier.
    • I was honestly surprised that the Ascendent Champion WASN’T either Lady Arabella or Valessea. I was expecting more intrigue? I’m also not convinced Delric didn’t sabotage the amulets from the start and then fake his death, so I will be keeping an eye out for him when the Chapter comes out. ;)

I got the quests through the crown store and my character is AD. I did both back to back solo with Bastian as my companion. No issues except for the same one with the what have you been up too dialogue kicking me out of the chain and having to start over with him to continue the full thing. Also had some issues with getting in the cart to travel to the next area, and this was in Ghratwood. I couldn’t it’s interact with it anywhere except in one specific spot on the right side in the back. Every other spot on the cart even if I was standing right next to it would say it’s too far away or out of range.

I also thought the rowboat was ridiculous, especially since I thought they said to board a ship in the dialogue. A rowboat is not a ship! The hackwings did seem out of place too.

Overall the quest was fun and interesting. Not sure that I trust Lady Arabelle though, she seemed far too dismissive at the end in spite of her friendly disposition.