The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

high ping and tracert

Ythotha
Ythotha
✭✭✭
Today out of nowhere my ping went from usual 90-120 to whopping 300+
when i tracert 159.100.230.1 (EU ip from here) it goes as follows6bywzgn7zu7a.png

I am connected with ethernet cable although when doing it from my wi-fi laptop it still shows higher than normal values
I cant really make sense out of the tracert results so i would appreciate if someone could tell me whether if it is a problem on my end or my isp
Edited by Ythotha on January 14, 2022 7:19PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are we looking at here? Who is your ISP?

What I am seeing is an ISP in Turkey, then some private network that connects to an Italian ISP, which then hands off to an American ISP in France. After that, it routes through Amsterdam, then hits the Akamai DDOS protection before hitting the ZOS network in Frankfurt.

Line 11 to Line 12 is the problem. This is where it first shows as connecting to the Italian ISP (seabone.net), but it is not clear where it is coming from. Problem is either the Italian ISP or whatever owns that 10.x.x.x private network.

So, probably your ISP.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 14, 2022 7:46PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ythotha
    Ythotha
    ✭✭✭
    Superonline is my isp which is indeed in turkey and thank you for clarifying. I suddenly started lagging couple hours ago and wanted to make sure it wasn about my pc
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post