The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game Crashes with 2 Monitors

Hand_Bacon
Hand_Bacon
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else run into this?
I have a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti video card.
When I run in solo monitor mode, it works fine and haven't experienced a crash. When I use dual monitor mode I use the other for browsing, movies etc and it crashes the game. It will sometimes crash while just sitting on the character select screen. I don't know if it matters but I've run the 2nd monitor with both DP and HDMI with the same result. The main is on DP.
It doesn't appear to be overheating. I had run a 2 monitor setup on a 900 series Nvidia and played ESO, streamed etc without any issue. That would run hot, but never had a crash.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
#AlmostGood@ESO
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EVGA RTX 3060 Ti FTW with 2 monitors, no problems. ESO lets me pop back and forth.

Are you running ESO full screen or windowed?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windowed
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. This is what I have for my video settings in ESO.

The monitors are not identical, but both are wide screen 1920x1080. One is DP and the other is DP converted to DVI-D. They are configured in Windows to extend the desktop.

ESO runs on the first display. I currently have Multithreaded Rendering turned off, as it really didn't make much noticeable difference on this system but it did heat things up a little more.

fugvuh6ecpj6.png

(Everything below that is "On")
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help so far. I've changed those settings around and nothing has helped yet.

I know this has to be a coincidence, but I've bought crowns numerous times during the sale and after each purchase the problem seems to have gotten worse. I was going to stockpile with one more purchase this morning, but I fear the game won't launch at all afterwards. :D

EDIT: Its now crashing on just one monitor as well...
    Edited by Hand_Bacon on January 4, 2022 1:46PM
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reinstalled the game and still had crashes.

I then reinstalled the game on the primary SSD and all has been well...so far today. Going on 5 hours, which is a new record for staying online since this started happening.

If it holds then there was a problem with the 2nd SSD.

#AlmostGood@ESO
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hand_Bacon wrote: »
    I reinstalled the game and still had crashes.

I then reinstalled the game on the primary SSD and all has been well...so far today. Going on 5 hours, which is a new record for staying online since this started happening.

If it holds then there was a problem with the 2nd SSD.

Tha't would make for a very interesting SSD failure. Have you run any diagnostics on it?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Hand_Bacon

There are a few more steps you can try found in the link below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post