The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game goes black; can hear movement/abilities

Unknown_Redemption
Unknown_Redemption
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

As of 12/22, I am constantly "crashing" in ESO. My screen will freeze for a few moments then go black. I can continue playing as I can hear movement and abilities, but the images never return. The monitor is fine as I can drag other applications over ESO and see perfectly.

This occurs with all addons turned off and the game running as the only application on the PC. I have run all driver updates and even purchased Norton Utilities and PC Doctor Toolkits to ensure I have a clean system.

• Mushroomancer
    Mushroomancer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try doing a file integrity check through Steam or a repair through the launcher, you could be missing some files for some reason.
    PC | EU 1600+ CP

Chews-On-Shrooms - Argonian (EP) | Healer Warden
    I know I have a problem, leave me alone:

Nirya Urayel - Altmer (EP) | Healer/Magicka Templar
    Ulen Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Nightblade
    Anise Favel - Dunmer (EP) | Magicka Dragonknight
    Vivienne Rielle - Breton (EP) | Hybrid Healer/Magicka Necromancer
    Gaspar Rielle - Breton (DC) | Magicka Sorcerer
    Ulfgar the Foul - Nord (EP) | Tank Necromancer
    Plays-With-Chains - Argonian (EP) | Tank Dragonknight
    Sonje the Wild - Nord (EP) | Tank Warden
    Brutus Lovidicus - Imperial (EP) | Tank Nightblade
    Velms Ienith - Dunmer (EP) | Tank Sorcerer
    Cassius Lanius - Imperial (EP) | Tank/Stamina Templar
    Shakar-gro-Khazgur - Orc (DC) | Stamina Dragonknight
    Liette Nightwind - Bosmer (AD) | Stamina Nightblade
    Ja'khar the Salty - Khajiit (EP) | Stamina Necromancer
    Saadia al-Tava - Redguard (EP) | Stamina Sorcerer
    Gwinas Hemp-Burner - Bosmer (EP) | Stamina Warden
    Grand Master Crafter, All Dungeon HM up to Stonethorn, vCrag HM, vDSA, vMA, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vHOF HM, vAS+2, Gryphon Heart, vBRP, vSS HM (Extinguisher of Flames),
    vKA HM (Shield of the North), vRG 1/3HM
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Unknown_Redemption, the steps in this article may help with your issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, I completely removed the GeForce Experience. I noticed it was still showing the game from Elsweyr and nothing would load.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still crashing, it looks like the only time I am semi-stable in the game is if I run Full Screen Mode. This is not ideal though as I like being able to constantly move between monitors for twitch, tv, and research.

Edit: PC Doctor is showing my GPU (GeForce GTX 1080) hitting 99% usage when logged into the game. I am on Medium Setting, No Multi-Thread, No Addons. This occurred even after downgrading the GeForce Video Driver to September's Version and removing the old drivers with Guru prior.
    Edited by Unknown_Redemption on December 27, 2021 12:05AM
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what happens when I alt tab into the game on [Full Screen Mode]. Again, Ive never had any issues with ESO until a few days ago. Ive been playing fine on this PC for about 4yrs. The issues did start after ESO's latest maintenance patch, for whatever that is worth. unknown.png
    Edited by Unknown_Redemption on December 26, 2021 11:14PM
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Since troubleshooting hasn't entirely solved the issue, please reach out to Customer Support at help.elderscrollsonline.com, so we can better assist you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post