The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "How The Team Reimagined The Prince Of Destruction For ESO"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
0yvcvho62xrb.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article, "See How The Team Reimagined The Prince Of Destruction For The Elder Scrolls Online"

Watch a behind-the-scenes vignette and learn about how the team developed Mehrunes Dagon for ESO.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 3, 2022 4:37PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely and very interesting film. How much more awesome though if he had been Khajiit?

Two tails, all those claws and red whiskers of fire!

Though he would probably have needed to nap a lot more ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    nice to see all those lovely people who worked on the game, some of them I know from old streams - like Jason Barnes and his Daggers I think. And something is different - like loremaster position. It was nice to see the lead writer - Bill Slavicsek - I loved his Wrothgar writing, if I remember it correctly.
    It is always good to be reminded how much work went into designing just the main NPC, which was really well done.
    Edited by Mandragora on December 22, 2021 8:01AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we just talk about how you recreated Dagon just to get him beaten in two shots in the main quest, like a ridiculous character ? So disappointing!
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on December 22, 2021 6:10PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was a really cool video. I always enjoy seeing how the creative process works, and it was great to hear from so many people in so many different areas and get a sense of how their contributions all come together.

Also seeing the different decor in people's home workspaces was kind of a trip in itself. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA