The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC EU Massive lagfest for players

Blackbird_V
Blackbird_V
✭✭✭✭✭
Me and a lot of players are experiencing massive lag spikes, going up to 700 ping. Is this a possible RIP EU?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 3, 2021 1:11AM
Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Been experiencing this for awhile now myself. Performance can be really unstable in my experience.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whereabouts in the game? Just the usual Cyrodiil and trials etc?
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried to finish vet Castle Thorn, the moving circle stopped moving. It was completely stationary so I couldn't see the circle at all and would have to guess where it was moving to. Suddenly the game would speed up and the circle re-appeared only to disapear.

Same happened in Unhallowed grave a few days ago, the boss where you have to take the sigils upstairs it didn't show the circle downstairs.

Also I would have random massive lag spikes and desynch.

Checked multiple times nothing was downloading and all browsers were closed...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Not Fungal Grotto I... I can say that much. :)
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NunexTK
    NunexTK
    Soul Shriven

im getting ridiculous ping values everywhere
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NunexTK wrote: »

im getting ridiculous ping values everywhere

Then that sounds more like a system or network issue. If it was a server issue there would be a lot more people complaining about it. Platform? If PC are you using Windows 11 and/or playing through Steam? Where in the world are you playing from and through which ISP? Wireless or wired connection? Traceroute? I assume from your posting on this thread that you're on PC EU, but all those things are crucial to working out what the problem is.
    Edited by Tandor on November 28, 2021 11:43PM
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a nice elastic band in Mournhold a couple of days ago. Have not had one of those for ages.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post