Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot invite or join group or trade

HellsAinger
HellsAinger
Soul Shriven
Hi there, I have recently discovered that I am no longer able to invite players to form a group, be invited to join a group, or invite to trade.

Whenever I select "invite to group" from the quick actions I get the message "You do not have permission to do that". When one of my friends tries to invite me, the message appears on my screen but they instantly get an "invite declined" response before I have a chance to do anything. The invite options through the social menu are also missing.

This seems to have started with the latest update to the game - I am playing on an Xbox One X on the European megaserver - I don't know if that is a coincidence. I've tried resetting the in-game options to default, my Xbox security/privacy settings to default, and reinstalled the game. Nothing appears to have worked.

I've just seen something about "social bans" in the forums - so I don't know if that's what's happened to me. I don't know anything about them to be honest - but I didn't receive any notification about a ban or remember doing anything that would warrant one (I'm very conscious about online behaviour).

Is anyone able to offer any advice please?
Many thanks
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HellsAinger

If you've not done so yet, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support so they can assist with this account issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • HellsAinger
    HellsAinger
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks @ZOS_BillE

I've submitted a ticket - 211119-003325 - hopefully it's gone to the right place, there didn't seem to be any option that quite suited...
  • Montie
    Montie
    ✭✭✭
    My wife and I are having this issue as well. We have both opened tickets. My wife and I were grouping up for the Halloween event just fine.
    Edited by Montie on November 21, 2021 7:16PM
  • Montie
    Montie
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

I found a solution to the issue which is not ideal but it works. There are two Xbox privacy settings, 1 for sending communication and 1 for receiving communication. They both have to be set to Everybody. After changing that, clearing save data and restarting, my wife and I can group up and send mail and trade again.

We had them each set to friends for as long as I can remember and never had an issue before. So something seems to have broke with the latest patch to not recognize that we are friends on the Xbox and in the game.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HellsAinger

Please check your forum inbox for an update on your ticket.
    Staff Post
  • HellsAinger
    HellsAinger
    Soul Shriven
    @Montie

You are a life saver! That has worked for me. Thank you so much for the advice. I've had my privacy settings quite restricted and haven't had any problems until the most recent patch. As you say, not ideal - but at least I can now play as intended.

@ZOS_BillE

My problem is solved for now. Are you aware of any issues that were introduced in the latest patch? Or is this a new feature?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate the update that the problem is now solved. Going forward this thread will now be locked from further posts.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.