The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fossilize

Mrtoobyy
Mrtoobyy
✭✭✭✭
So in PVP this skill will stun you = HARD CC and roots you = SOFT CC AND it cannot be blocked. I mean a break free+roll dodge or cleanse is fine but when you face several Dragon knights they can root you over and over with this ability since there is no CC immunity lasting 7 seconds for roots=SOFT CC's. That is really stupid if you ask me.

I mean even sorcs unblockable AOE stun will only be viable if the target isn't cc immune making Streak not viable from different Sorcs but Fossilize!?
Am I the only one thinking this skill needs some tweaking? Maybe grant the SOFT CC immunity or make it so you can only be affected from ONE Fossilize effect every 7 second regarding of the source.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 2, 2023 3:00AM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't you use Immovability potions?
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS can think about tweaking this AFTER they fix the age old gapcloser bug that plagues Dragonknights making them severely handicapped in PvP.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how people are still complaining about it, even when there's posts all over the bug forums reporting that it *never* actually goes off.

Seriously, I get that when it does, it's a pretty strong ability. But have you actually ever tried to use it in combat, esp in lag? I honestly don't bother slotting it on my dk anymore. it's a waste of a slot most of the time.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    I love how people are still complaining about it, even when there's posts all over the bug forums reporting that it *never* actually goes off.

Seriously, I get that when it does, it's a pretty strong ability. But have you actually ever tried to use it in combat, esp in lag? I honestly don't bother slotting it on my dk anymore. it's a waste of a slot most of the time.

Since the update, in my experience fossilize has been working very reliably in duels where it did not use to work at all. I can’t comment on its performance in Cyro or BGs, though.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »
    So in PVP this skill will stun you = HARD CC and roots you = SOFT CC AND it cannot be blocked. I mean a break free+roll dodge or cleanse is fine but when you face several Dragon knights they can root you over and over with this ability since there is no CC immunity lasting 7 seconds for roots=SOFT CC's. That is really stupid if you ask me.
    A dk is not able to cast Fossilize when their target is immune to hard cc (stun). If you want to root your target every 2 seconds, you need something like talons, bombarde (bow skill), or any of all those other class skills which root your target. Fossilize won't be able to achieve that. There are many other skills which can and some of them aren't class abilities.
    OP is complaining about the soft cc (root). Immovability potions protect against hard cc (stun), not soft cc. To be protected against roots you would need something like the psijic skill race against time.

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ability is bugged, if the DK targeting you targets you when you have CC immunity when the CC immunity ends they still can't stun you with it.

Also the counter to Fossilize is range. Stop trying to brawl in melee with a DK and expecting to do well in the effective range of the class. It's whole kit is geared towards CQC domination but lacks any real range.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't have a problem with DKs having strong CCs because their mobility and range ranged attacks are very poor.
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something is definitely off with fossilize atm and leap in bgs half the time one or the other don't even work. So it's like it's nerfed already with it not being reliable.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

why dont we remove mage light and evil hunter and force players to only use detect pots vs rightblades. also give nightblades og incap strike back that has 0 wind up and can be completely animation canceled. then youre getting a little closer to how broken dk currently is.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fossilize and Leap never work reliably for me in PvP.
    Edited by Vulkunne on May 1, 2023 4:22PM
    We Know...
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if you can get an immov pot to go off whilst in cyrodiil (and not seconds later when you're dead!), I've noticed that I still get rooted/stunned anyway.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

I'm surprised you didn't close the thread as it is 2 years old
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also you can't get fossilized again until cc immunity is up. You won't get rooted by fossilize but not stunned.
    You can get rooted after root immunity ends.
    So a dk can fossilize you and then 4 seconds later hit you with talons.
    Edited by gariondavey on May 2, 2023 2:20PM
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC's in this game are the most stressfull part of it, Fossilize and Frost touch are the worst ones to break out of. especially as the performance can be bad and even worse for anyone not running a NASA computer.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭

Because they don't work majority of the time, lol. Not even being sarcastic, I've popped so many of these and I'm still getting stunned, disabled, knocked back, everything that basically keeps you stuck in one spot
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »

Because they don't work majority of the time, lol. Not even being sarcastic, I've popped so many of these and I'm still getting stunned, disabled, knocked back, everything that basically keeps you stuck in one spot

This. I slotted immov pots for about a week and then immediately unslotted them. The percentage of times that I would pop one, then 2 seconds later get stunned, was around 100%. Seriously. Tbf that was awhile back when lag was much worse, so maybe they're working better for some people now.
    Edited by Marcus684 on May 4, 2023 10:54PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are we suddenly necro'ing an almost 2 year old thread?
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

You’re asking the wrong question.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amerises wrote: »

I agree. The right question would be "Why hasn't something been done to DK yet?"
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also you can't get fossilized again until cc immunity is up. You won't get rooted by fossilize but not stunned.

do you know how hardcore this drains your stamina if you are a melee magicka based class in no cp pvp? like i still run willows path and have around 1800 stam recovery on my magblade in no cp pvp and i have around 5 fossilize's maximum before im fully stam drained and i die due to dk pressure and my lack of resources. the spell is broken. and because of this dk's can run pariah and full defensive/little stam/mag regen with little damage and just depend on this one spell to literally do everything for them while they tank damage/heavy attack. it needs a nerf so that the class at least requires some level of skill.

dk needs the same treatment nightblade got. fossilize stuns you, roots you, and synergizes with your spammable for much higher damage. no ability should have that many different affixes. the reason nightblade was broken was because it had abilities with this many affixes. zos balance team spread out nightblades utitily so you have to actually choose between utility skills to slot on your bar. dk needs this treatment at least with this ridiculous ability and maybe corrosive armor aswell.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Willows path is extremely outdated. There are many other much better sets in proc and no proc.
    My nb has 2k stam recovery or so in no proc with just jewels of misrule, major and minor endurance, medium armor passives + khajit passives.
    This is in all damage sets with no regen glyphs. Add atro or serpent if you need.

Edit: 1 break free each 7 or so seconds is extremely sustainable with like 800 stam recovery.
    If dks hit you with talons, just use race against time or phantasmal escape.
    Edited by gariondavey on May 7, 2023 5:27AM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amerises wrote: »

A lot of the talking points and bugs mentioned earlier are outdated because it's an old thread. There was a lot of bugs going a long with DK at the time, which is no longer true. It would've made more sense to just create a new one without superfluous information bogging it up.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Willows path is extremely outdated. There are many other much better sets in proc and no proc.
    My nb has 2k stam recovery or so in no proc with just jewels of misrule, major and minor endurance, medium armor passives + khajit passives.
    This is in all damage sets with no regen glyphs. Add atro or serpent if you need.

Edit: 1 break free each 7 or so seconds is extremely sustainable with like 800 stam recovery.

break free and dodge roll as phantas or race against time isnt going to save you from the burst damage coming after. you will spend more stamina casting race or phantas and healing through the damage than stacking a dodge roll to evade it. also there is no bar space for phantas/race against time if you want to do any damage or have any surviveablity. you must be thinking of cp or battleground oakensoul brawler blade both dont work in no proc/cp.

name a better regen set to run on a no proc hybrid blade than willows path because youre are very clearly full of it/bluffing/armchairing. the only other good regen set is amberplasm which is worse on nightblade than willows path. here so you actually know what sets work https://eso-hub.com/en/guides/sets-that-work-in-no-champion-points-campaign

i do run jewels of misrule and khajit and minor endurance on refreshing path. no idea where youre getting major endurance from or if you actually know what youre talking about. by your logic every no cp/proc set is "outdated". also i am refering to magicka/hybrid nightblade. if you are refering to a stamina nightblade, A) youre not going to kill anything half decent/running pariah which i suspect you dont anyways, and B ) you have a high enough stamina pool that you do not need as high of stamina regen regardless.

do share specifics on your no cp stamina nightblade build because they are only used for imperial city gold farm and i havent seen a single nightblade on no cp imp city that i havent squashed into the earth with my hybrid 1vx build. i roll every class and 1vx with my build and the only issue i come accross in no cp are dragon knights because theyre broken. also if youre running oakensoul on anything outside of a battleground you have no idea what youre talking about and in no cp imp city/cyro will get kited resource drained and rolled by any good player.

honestly buddy by itself the fact that youre disagreeing with me about how broken dk fossilize is on no proc/cp just shows you do not know what youre talking about and havent really ventured outside of cp other than battlegrounds where anyone can just equip oakensoul and get paragon title rolling their face on their keyboard.
    Edited by nublife01 on May 8, 2023 4:31AM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »

Yep. Both morphs are still suspect. To the point I started using Mesmerize instead as that works almost all the time. Which is the funny part, an unblockable stun that 60% of the time, it works every time.

And yes, I know about cc immunity, but there are times when it is clear that the target is not cc immune and Fossilize still won't fire.
  • Remiem
    Remiem
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Both morphs are still suspect. To the point I started using Mesmerize instead as that works almost all the time. Which is the funny part, an unblockable stun that 60% of the time, it works every time.
    Yeah, no. There are no alternate universes where mesmerize is a better stun than petrify and morphs, or a better stun than literally anything else lol it's basically a roleplay skill. There used to be a bug with the old mist form giving permanent immunity to petrify until the target got stunned by something else, but it's no longer in the game and other than that petrify has always been the best stun in the game with streak after its stun became unblockable.
    Balanced by people with no prior gamedev experience, couldn't fix performance issues in a decade, can't code a real matchmaking algorithm to save their lives, more maintenance downtime than all the other MMOs put together, more bugs introduced than bugs fixed every big patch, same stagnant combat for years.
    Done with Elder Joke Online: 2 seconds of input delay on "70" ping edition.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remiem wrote: »
    Yeah, no. There are no alternate universes where mesmerize is a better stun than petrify and morphs, or a better stun than literally anything else lol it's basically a roleplay skill. There used to be a bug with the old mist form giving permanent immunity to petrify until the target got stunned by something else, but it's no longer in the game and other than that petrify has always been the best stun in the game with streak after its stun became unblockable.

Oh, I totally agree that both morphs of Petrify are FAR better than Mesmerize. But that is in a world where both morphs of Petrify actually fire. I've had times when the skill is blacked out on my bar for long stretches of time, and others where it just won't activate. Haven't had that issue as much with Mesmerize, hence my post.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, I totally agree that both morphs of Petrify are FAR better than Mesmerize. But that is in a world where both morphs of Petrify actually fire. I've had times when the skill is blacked out on my bar for long stretches of time, and others where it just won't activate. Haven't had that issue as much with Mesmerize, hence my post.

I think the weird mechanic of alot of DK skills need to be redone.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »

break free and dodge roll as phantas or race against time isnt going to save you from the burst damage coming after. you will spend more stamina casting race or phantas and healing through the damage than stacking a dodge roll to evade it. also there is no bar space for phantas/race against time if you want to do any damage or have any surviveablity. you must be thinking of cp or battleground oakensoul brawler blade both dont work in no proc/cp.

name a better regen set to run on a no proc hybrid blade than willows path because youre are very clearly full of it/bluffing/armchairing. the only other good regen set is amberplasm which is worse on nightblade than willows path. here so you actually know what sets work https://eso-hub.com/en/guides/sets-that-work-in-no-champion-points-campaign

i do run jewels of misrule and khajit and minor endurance on refreshing path. no idea where youre getting major endurance from or if you actually know what youre talking about. by your logic every no cp/proc set is "outdated". also i am refering to magicka/hybrid nightblade. if you are refering to a stamina nightblade, A) youre not going to kill anything half decent/running pariah which i suspect you dont anyways, and B ) you have a high enough stamina pool that you do not need as high of stamina regen regardless.

do share specifics on your no cp stamina nightblade build because they are only used for imperial city gold farm and i havent seen a single nightblade on no cp imp city that i havent squashed into the earth with my hybrid 1vx build. i roll every class and 1vx with my build and the only issue i come accross in no cp are dragon knights because theyre broken. also if youre running oakensoul on anything outside of a battleground you have no idea what youre talking about and in no cp imp city/cyro will get kited resource drained and rolled by any good player.

honestly buddy by itself the fact that youre disagreeing with me about how broken dk fossilize is on no proc/cp just shows you do not know what youre talking about and havent really ventured outside of cp other than battlegrounds where anyone can just equip oakensoul and get paragon title rolling their face on their keyboard.

There is so much wrong in this post, I barely know where to begin.

I have played a LOT in no proc. There is no armchairing going on here. If you don't understand that you get major endurance and intellect and fortitude from a tri pot, I really don't know what to say.

Amberplasm is likely better than willows path as nb gets increased percent regen from passives, minor from refreshing path, major from pot, and then continuous assault on top of that. A larger base amount getting boosted by all those percent modifiers is more useful than willows percent modifier.

All that aside, torc and eternal vigor are much better sustain sets than willows path. And as I mentioned, you don't need a sustain set on nb. Khajit + major + minor + continuous assault + jewels of misrule is enough, and you can drop shadow for atro if needs be after that if still struggling. Or add 1 regen glyph.

I don't run around in oakensoul...this comment is so far off base.

I run innate axiom and medusa with markyn with 1 magma incarnate in no proc on hybrid blade. 2k of each recovery, 16k pen, over 7k sd, 50 percent crit rate and 125 percent crit damage.

While I do agree that fossilize is a strong ability, this was my earlier comment:

If you don't understand that you can't fossilize someone until their cc immunity is down, you are not understanding a core aspect of combat in this game.

Edited by gariondavey on May 11, 2023 11:36AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only scenario Mesmerize works is when putting yourself in the path of a ball group chasing their leader around. The problem now is you're directly in front of a ball group looking at you...

I've only managed to use Stupefy successfully once, and I think lag was on my side cause they didn't break free in time when my allies came around the corner.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK