The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do I need to buy the game again for new PSN?

Chelister
Chelister
✭✭✭
I have my main PSN and ESO account linked to it. I just created a new PSN and a new ESO account and linked them. On my ESO account page I can see it says "Elder Scrolls Online: Playstation Edition", but I never bought another ESO. Also, I logged into my new PSN and new ESO account on my PS4 and could somehow create a character and play the game.

What is going on here?
Edited by Chelister on October 31, 2021 10:16PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All games bought on your primary account are available on your system on any extra account you make. However, you will not have access to anything bought in-game like dlc, housing, upgrades, cosmetics etc. on any secondary account and anything bought in-game on your secndary account will not be accessible on your primary.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    All games bought on your primary account are available on your system on any extra account you make. However, you will not have access to anything bought in-game like dlc, housing, upgrades, cosmetics etc. on any secondary account and anything bought in-game on your secndary account will not be accessible on your primary.

Two questions then:

What about the progress made on my secondary PSN/ESO account for which I did not buy the game and for it from my primary PSN? Is it going to be saved even if technically I don't own the game?

What happens when I buy a new PS5 and login with my secondary PSN/ESO account (the one that I did not buy the game for). Would I need to buy ESO again?

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You might want to submit a ticket for technical questions and have customer service give you specific answers to specific questions.

:#

• Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelister wrote: »

Two questions then:

What about the progress made on my secondary PSN/ESO account for which I did not buy the game and for it from my primary PSN? Is it going to be saved even if technically I don't own the game?

What happens when I buy a new PS5 and login with my secondary PSN/ESO account (the one that I did not buy the game for). Would I need to buy ESO again?

Question 1 - Yes progress will be saved as it is saved on the Game Servers and not your console.

Question 2 - When you buy a PS5 you will probably have to buy the game again unless you put your first account onto the PS5 as well. That's a tricky question but you will find out when you get the PS5 lol.
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hello! No, you do not need to purchase the game again for a second ESO account. There's some information here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post