The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Keeps Forgetting my PC is authorized to log in

maximusrex45
maximusrex45
✭✭✭✭
I have been playing ESO a bit over a year, and about 3 months ago I built a new PC. The first time I logged in on the new PC I got the message it wasn't authorized and to input a one time code I was emailed. This is pretty standard for a new PC, so I didn't think anything of it. Since then it seems to have "reset" to thinking my PC is a new PC and today was the 4th time since I switched PC that it has required the code. Is there some way to prevent it from thinking it is a different PC seemingly at random?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing ESO a bit over a year, and about 3 months ago I built a new PC. The first time I logged in on the new PC I got the message it wasn't authorized and to input a one time code I was emailed. This is pretty standard for a new PC, so I didn't think anything of it. Since then it seems to have "reset" to thinking my PC is a new PC and today was the 4th time since I switched PC that it has required the code. Is there some way to prevent it from thinking it is a different PC seemingly at random?

Is something else changing? It isn't just a "new PC" that triggers this. I got it when I created a new PC, and twice when I changed video cards around. There may be other things, like network addresses or adapters, etc.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess its because your IP gets changed.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    My IP shouldn't be changing, but I will monitor it.
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, please see this article about issues with OTPs.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post