The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher Error 210 - PatchManifestError_DownloadFail

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
UPDATE: @ZOS_Kevin, @ZOS_BillE

While I was following the first Troubleshooting protocol, I downloaded the Windows 7 patch for the TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 secure protocols issue as a .MSU file, which is "Method 2" on the download page for it. When I ran it, the OS refused to install the Windows Update because it was already installed, as shown in the second screenshot in this post, below.

Aside from that, the download page referenced above has the text: "Note The hotfix installer doesn't add the DefaultSecureProtocols value. The administrator must manually add the entry after determining the override protocols. Or, you can install the "Easy fix" to add the entry automatically."

So, after reading your report in Message 72 in the General Discussion thread, I downloaded the "Easy Fix". When I ran it, there was no output except to notify me that it had finished.

Now, apparently Launcher runs as it should, but I still launch the game client with a desktop shortcut. :wink: Thank-you for your attention, time and effort to resolve this issue.

For your information, I am submitting a ticket to Customer Support about the subject, and I will include the URL for this message in the ticket so that they can view the screenshots which are embedded in this post.

To be brief, I replaced the worn SSD on which TESO was installed with a new Sony 870 EVO SSD, and prepared it for use. Then I re-installed TESO on the new one and bought the Blackwood chapter. Since then, I have not had any problem with (a) using a desktop shortcut to run the game client and (b) playing the game, that I did not have before.

However, eventually I must run Launcher either to update the game client or to use the Repair Files option after the game client crashes. But Launcher does not run as it did before I re-installed the game, and I do not know what went wrong -- with respect to the Launcher -- when I did that.

(1) The first screenshot shows the Error 210 dialog on the Launcher output display screen, after I ran it by using a desktop shortcut. Note: the Properties of the Launcher shortcut include Compatibility with Windows 7 Service Pack 3 and Administrator privileges. (It had the same Properties prior to re-installation of TESO.)

dn4wz2addqql.png

(2) The second screenshot confirms that support for TLS 1.0 and TLS 2.0 are installed on my computer system.

11fzd81kbvsi.png

(3) The third screenshot shows the Microsoft C++ Redistributable packages which are installed on my computer.

wde65lnzms72.png

(4) The fourth screenshot shows the Microsoft C++ Redistributable files which Install_ESO.exe downloaded and stored in the Launcher folder.

sptoebwbshsy.png

(5) The fifth screenshot shows the Launcher display after I downloaded the Patch Manifest file and stored it in the folder \Program Files\The Elder Scrolls\Launcher\ProgramData

y92ctqvx1b0y.png

(6) The sixth screenshot shows the Launcher display after I deleted the folder \Program Files\The Elder Scrolls\Launcher\ProgramData (as instructed by ZOS Support)

wz7g45phskqz.png

When Launcher runs now, note that its display does not include any window controls. The only way that I can close the window is to run Process Explorer (which takes the place of the previous Task Manager) to kill the Bethesda_launcher process.

Again, I completed all of the Basic Troubleshooting and the Advanced Troubleshooting protocols, as instructed by ZOS support, and the sixth image above is the ultimate outcome. Somewhere between the fifth screenshot and the sixth one, Launcher fails to work as it is apparently believed to work by the person who wrote the Advanced Troubleshooting protocol -- which is probably outdated in some respect(s).

For what it is worth, various details in all of the ZOS Support instructions, such as the storage folder location of the 64-bit game client, are outdated. The entire series should be carefully reviewed and corrected as needed.

Also, the forum software editor interprets any string that consists of the letter D followed by a colon as an emoticon D: not as a Windows NTFS storage drive. :smiley:

POSTSCRIPT: I have read the discussion in which @ZOS_Kevin requested a copy of the "Host File". However, I could not attach a copy of the file host.developer.LOG to the online Support Ticket because it will not accept files which have that filename extension. (By the way, it also will not accept a file that does not have any extension to the filename.) So, I have sent that file to him via private message.

Edited by Shadowshire on October 14, 2021 3:05AM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Shadowshire

What is your current support ticket number?

We can check the ticket and make sure all the needed files have been received.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Shadowshire

What is your current support ticket number?

We can check the ticket and make sure all the needed files have been received.

The Support Ticket is #211013-004675. I submitted all of the files that the support UI would accept. It rejected the host.developer.log file because it screens files by filename extension, which doesn't include .LOG.

The others that I can recall submitting were bethesdaPathping.txt and bethesdaTracert.txt.

For what it's worth, I have continual problems with the game client losing its connection to the mega-server, which I explained at length to the Support staff in one of my addenda to the original ticket. I have done everything on my end and my ISP provides very reliable service. My landlord even had the most up-to-date cable installed for "streaming". The ISP tech support says that there is no noise at all on my connection. If I had the money to pay for one, I could have a Tier 3 Internet connection over it. :smile:

Edited by Shadowshire on October 15, 2021 1:31AM

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Shadowshire

Thank you for providing the ticket number. Please check your PM's for an update.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ziaohuamei
    Same issue, same steps. Can no longer even enter the game, how do I get a refund because this has become a pointless uncaring charade.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ziaohuamei wrote: »
    Same issue, same steps. Can no longer even enter the game, how do I get a refund because this has become a pointless uncaring charade.

Make sure you have read the OP's update at the start of his first post.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ziaohuamei
    Ziaohuamei wrote: »
    Are you sure that you care? During the past 7+ years of playing TESO, ZOS has only refunded money to me when they charged me twice for the same, specific purchase.

(1) If you care, and your computer runs Windows 7 while you play TESO, then I recommend What do I do if I get Error 210 "PatchManifestError_DownloadFail" when trying to update or download The Elder Scrolls Online on Windows?.

The introduction at the start of the content has a hyperlink to the Microsoft Windows 7 website page where you should be able to find and download the "Easy Fix". The downloaded file is executable, so you just run it like you would any other executable file, i.e., a computer program.

If doing that does not resolve the issue, then I recommend that you follow the Basic and Advanced troubleshooting steps which follow the introduction. The issue might currently have a different cause with your particular computer. Either that, or you computer has two problems, and the Easy Fix can remedy only one.

(2) If your computer runs Windows 8, then use the two hyperlinks in the introduction which are appropriate for you.

Edited by Shadowshire on October 22, 2021 4:14AM