Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS5-Client freeze in Reaper’s March at vendor

OmenRIP
OmenRIP
✭✭✭
Client froze after porting there and trying to trade with the 1st vendor. Client froze for about 30 seconds, then came back but nothing works except character movement. Had to kill the client to get out of the game.

uhqplnm5z7ex.jpeg

Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 12, 2021 8:31PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @OmenRIP

Was this a one time occurence or does the game continue to crash at this vendor?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

I get many code error windows with other traders everywhere in the game that I need to press X to get out of. These seem to be related to old previous searches. But this vendor at Reaper’s March has crashed this way more than a couple of times. When you step out of the wayshrine it’s the 1st vendor to the left.

This is the first time I reported it here.
    Edited by OmenRIP on October 13, 2021 3:04AM
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not sure if this is related but I have a character trapped in Reapers March after the game crashed to dashboard while heading to a wayshrine. Now every login immediately crashes to dash so I’m stuck in a loop; also playing on PS5.
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    Try using the PS4 client. I had the same problem but was able to get out of the loop by doing this.
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    OmenRIP wrote: »
    Try using the PS4 client. I had the same problem but was able to get out of the loop by doing this.

Indeed this worked, it was annoying having to download the whole thing again but I ran into a similar problem in the Blackreach library a while back but when they fixed it made the mistake of removing the ps4 version. I’ll have to keep it around if this persists down the road as a frequent bug. Thanks for the reminder of this workaround.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP has resolved the freezing by using the PS4 client, we are now going to lock this thread from further discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.