The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

85GB patch? Seriously????

TwinStripeUK
TwinStripeUK
✭✭✭
I've had issues with my internet recently, and I've had to use a mobile internet solution as a workaround until I can get a new installation done. I've been able to play, but with an occasional bit of lag (which is to be expected).

Following yesterday's maintenance, I logged into my Xbox and ESO wanted a 1.5GB download - not ideal, but par for the course.

When I tried it from my PS4, however, I was told that the download would be 85GB! This has to be a bug, surely? There's no way I'm going to be able to do that with the current state of my internet so what, kiss goodbye to the rest of the event???
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The download may be going through a pre-check of the entire game files before moving onto the ESO update.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    It's not - it seems to randomly decide how big of an update it is.

In 5 successive tries I've had 85GB, 77GB, 455MB (which unfortunately failed, twice) and now 86GB again.

I even went as far as restoring my licenses between each attempt (just in case it thought I didn't have it installed), and out of 125 licenses, the only one that failed was the one for the Blackwood chapter... every time!