The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update on recent action against some ESO accounts

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    hafgood wrote: »
    but I do know that no one can state someone is 100% innocent.

I mean but that's what the devs did figure out in the opening post. Also a person can definitely be 100% innocent of any particular thing they are accused of

I agree. "Innocent until proven guilty" is the tried and true method of an actual justice system. The whole reason this thread exists is because the dev initially thought they had evidence of guilt, only to research and realize that such evidence was inaccurate.

Even in systems where people's innocence must be proven rather than guilt (I think it's like that in Japan???) , a person protesting their innocence shouldn't be viewed as a sign of their guilt because the only way such a system can function is if people take seriously that the person could be innocent and listen to the evidence presented.

The idea that nobody can be proven innocent and even saying they are innocent makes them guilty is just completely unworkable as a system of justice, even if you don't subscribe to what most of the world now to be a proven system and many ascribe to the level of human right: the presumption of innocence.

In other words, that couldn't even be right even if we played devil's advocate and considered it from a "guilty until proven innocent" framework.

People can be 100% innocent of what they are accused of doing, period. And protestation of innocence shouldn't be viewed as proof of guilt.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 27, 2021 4:24PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Honestly I have no idea whether people are guilty or innocent but I do know that no one can state someone is 100% innocent. The more people protest their innocence the more guilty they look, sorry, just my view

Innocent: I'm innocent!

Accuser: I don't believe you.

Innocent: But I swear I'm Innocent!

Accuser: Denying it just makes you look guilty, I don't believe you.

Innocent: *stays silent*

Accuser: You're not denying it so you must be guilty.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome to see the transparency from ZOS posted by the OP.

When it comes to issues that may be their fault, i see 100x more effort and care put in to investigating it, speaking to those needed to be spoken too who were involved ect to reach the absolute truth of the situation... As for their customers i feel they need to apply the same level of commitment when addressing a situation, but for saving alot of man time, confusion i think ALL communications with a player thru email should be better 1 ZOS employee and player even if it reaches 50 total back and forth... i feel this would help alot with customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction by knowing each situation from start to finish unless it needs to be addressed by someone else.

I only read OP's post so sorry if my comment doubles someone else's ect.

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • superryan94
    superryan94
    ✭✭✭
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is now several months old and the issues have been addressed, we are now closing this thread from further postings.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.