Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant crashes on Xbox again!

SkadiMZ
SkadiMZ
✭✭✭
Since the patch today, the crashing on Xbox (series x) is even worse. Doesn't matter what you're doing, sometimes in a BG about to respawn, sometimes opening the map, sometimes just standing still for one second.

Can we please get some type of response on this issue? The crashes have been incredibly frequent since the enhanced update and we've received literally no response or acknowledgement. This is not an "uninstall and redownload" problem. This is clearly something significant and needs to be acknowledged so we at least know it's being looked in to.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 23, 2021 5:35PM
  • phototut5259
    phototut5259
    ✭✭
    Same here,love this game but this constant crashing to the desktop sure sucks the enjoyment out of the Game.
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    005ejxh21j7y.png

This is commonly seen in zone chat. Definitely a widespread issue
  • FlyingDutch92
    Can confirm this is happening all over since todays update. Even randomly crashing in Deshaan, but also in trials and dungeons.

Another great maintenance by ZOS...
    Edited by FlyingDutch92 on September 22, 2021 8:32PM
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox NA. Confirmed crashing. Crashed to desktop 5 times so far today, across 3 accounts. All in different circumstances. Going into an outfit station, riding away from dropping off writs, using wayshrine…
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    6th crash, swapping toons 😭
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have also noticed an old bug (that seemed to have been fixed for past 5-6 months) of crashing/endless load screens when first starting the game (I’m on xbox one x). During load screen (before character selection) the game has gone back to getting “hung up,” sound goes out, and endless load screen follows. This happens about 50% of the time. This has actually been happening since the update.
  • FlyingDutch92
    Two hours of GH prog; at least one crash every attempt... literally every attempt :(
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox series s on EU server, constant crashing whilst trying to fast travel, Crashing when trying to use any type of work bench. I'm probably staying online for 4/5 minutes max before it crashes me to xbox desktop. Multiple characters tried and the same result each time...Game is now unplayable. It's just not worth logging in now to be kicked out 5 minutes later.
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    Came back after dinner and crashed 2 more times 🤣😂🤣😳
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    And again but now it’s telling me I’m already logged in 😝
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having major crash issues. I went to enter The Silent Halls public dungeon and the game crashed. And now I can't even load my character without the game immediately crashing when trying.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I switched over to the EU server and jumped on a new character there. Traveled to The Silent Halls. When I tried entering the game crashed and now that character crashes every time I try to load it.

So that Public Dungeon is broken and making characters inaccessible. Avoid it entirely if you want to play your characters.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was finally able to load my character. I think the mechanic that moves you outside of the public dungeon after you log out for a certain amount of time finally kicked in and the game was able to load me into Blackwood rather than the public dungeon. So I guess I am going to avoid that public dungeon until this is fixed.

But I am curious if this is happening with other dungeons and instances. Would be nice to know what instance is going to lock my character for 30 or 40 minutes.
  • phototut5259
    phototut5259
    ✭✭
    We really need some sort of response here from ZOS.and before anyone says go and play another game sorry but ESO is the only game I pay £8:00 a month for the extras + gives you. If my Internet provider goes down for whatever reason for a certain period of time they pay me. At this moment in time I have not seen any response from ZOS.
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox Series X NA - Today I crashed about 6 times doing different activities. Wayshrines - loggin out to another character - going out of a door. The crashing today was way more frequent than the last few weeks combined.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashed about 6-8 times tonight
  • Avandri
    Avandri
    ✭✭
    Confirming more crashes on Xbox NA after patch on Wednesday (Xbox series x). Like Jaws343, my main character got stuck in a silent halls load crash loop. Only after several hours I still cannot get into my main account without it crashing to home screen. Additional crashes occurred on alternate characters running to bank in vulkhel guard and going to a merchant in summerset. My husband also experienced 7 crashes in cyrodiil. Would be no surprise but crashes there were improved until this patch.

Like others, I would love to hear from zos on this to acknowledge the problem and let us know they're working on it. For most, it's a nuisance but for others, they're COMPLETELY LOCKED OUT OF THEIR MAIN ACCOUNT. Hoping to get a response to my support ticket so they can at least move my main so I can log in.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is everyone crashing on a Series X?

Any Xbox One folks with probs as mines been OK
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ShinyBacon
    ShinyBacon
    ✭✭✭
    same here on XBOX EU. last night we basically had no more than 11 people on at a time while doing Vmol and VSS. once one person was coming back, the next one was about to crash. very frustrating when the tanks suddenly vanished.
  • Lnin0
    Lnin0
    ✭✭✭
    Two Xbox Series X systems both fine pre-patch. Now crashing randomly several times an hour.

Game is unplayable and broke yet I am paying for ESO+ and there is no response or recourse offered by ZOS other than the same old song and dance. Paying customers want results or compensation. This is ILLEGAL business practices.
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    Lnin0 wrote: »
    Two Xbox Series X systems both fine pre-patch. Now crashing randomly several times an hour.

Game is unplayable and broke yet I am paying for ESO+ and there is no response or recourse offered by ZOS other than the same old song and dance. Paying customers want results or compensation. This is ILLEGAL business practices.

Yeah, this performance issue has finally done me in. Many people, myself included, have pointed out issues related to crashes and performance on next generation consoles since the enhanced update. With each new update or patch, the issues have gotten worse.

I guess you can't get the money back that was already paid, but I did cancel ESO+. Why pay for a game that doesn't work and takes ages to get a fix?
  • wittyfox
    wittyfox
    Yeah I'm getting the crashing issues too, since yesterday's update. What with area chat being turned on by default and brightness keeping resetting on xbox series x, I'm wondering what was the point in buying a next gen console?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are actively investigating the crashing issues players have run into since the last update. With multiple threads discussing these crash issues we've decided to close this thread. You can continue discussion in the thread linked below.

Constant crashes on console since enhanced update
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.