Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make ESO Actually Fun Again! ESO Classic Pre-IC PVP Realm W/QoL Changes Please!

iPeriphery
iPeriphery
✭✭✭✭
PVP wise, this game is a pathetic empty shell of it's former self. I remember back to a time when this game was worth spending money on, when I would have gladly dropped tons of $ on Mount upgrades and cosmetics for all my PVP alts. Sadly this is no longer the case. I've been playing this game since beta and each year it just gets worse and worse with no hope in sight. It is truly depressing seeing how great the game's PVP used to be compared to the sad state it is in now. It doesn't matter how much content or QoL Changes have happened over the years, PVP wise the game is simply inferior in almost every single way compared to Pre-IC and heck honestly even Pre-Morrowind. The Homogenization and gutting of classes has created a bland uninspiring mess. It is honestly a shame to see such wasted potential. ESO used to be the most fun PVP game to play with friends, just roaming around in Cyrodill and capping fools. Between the lag and the straight up gutting of fun mechanics in addition to having proc sets added and nerfs to pvp skill over time via changes like cast time on Ults to name one, this game can't even hold a candle to it's former glory. I'd rather go back to DK Vampire Bat Swarm Infinite Ultimate Spam than play the game in the current state; At least back then the game felt unique and still gave a sense of wonder and awe just thinking about the amount of theory crafting and build diversity. It's like the game has lost all of it's soul, all of what made it feel unique and the fun sense of charm that it used to have. And the worst part is that Zeni doesn't care at all.

Runescape, and WoW have pulled off classic servers successfully. I think that ESO Classic with the patch right before IC, with all the current QoL Improvements and Battlegrounds added to the game would bring a HUGE revival to the PVP scene. Having Cyrodil back before the lighting patch f'ed everything was such an amazing experience, and honestly ESO before it was gutted and homogenized into this Proc set Frankenstein of a Monster that it became, was hands down one of the best PVP games ever created. So sad and depressing to see what had such huge potential, wasted and basically thrown into the ground and defecated upon. ZOS Please for the love of Christ, create a PVP Realm with the old actually good playstyle, what in the Molag Bal were you thinking by adding a cast time to ults and removing skill from PVP? This Proc set pvp clownfest that is currently going on, isn't the way the game should have turned out.

I WILL NOT BE SILENCED, Ban me if you want to, but the TRUTH will be told.

At this point if they won't make ESO Classic themselves they should release the Pre-IC Source code so at least we can have private pvp servers made by a group of indie basement devs that will actually do the game right. Since as a multimillion dollar corporation there are too many cooks in the kitchen and that spoils the pot. There are bugs that have been plaguing the game for YEARS, some since beta. Clearly it would be better for more passionate indie devs to be given the reigns because once you add a corporation to the mix, it's all about the $$$money$$$ instead of making a game for fun and out of passion first. If you make a good game, the money will come; but sadly corporate nonsense shall reign supreme. Good day sir!
Edited by iPeriphery on September 22, 2021 7:10PM
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

As there is already a thread open on this in the General section, we have closed this thread as a duplicate. Please refer to the here to continue this conversation.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.