The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

XBOX area voice chat still does not remember settings

deleted220717-003304
Hi,
I'm playing on XBOX (Series S) NA, and after the patch the voice chat still auto-connects whenever I log into a character and doesn't remember the settings. This has been going on for a long time now, and in busy areas the voice chat is often full, and it gets very disruptive. Having to leave voice chat each and every time I log into a character is annoying enough not to log in with more than one character per day on most days these days.
Have you got an ETA for a fix of this issue for us? I'd really appreciate if this condition could end.
Thanks in advance!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 20, 2021 11:23PM
  • BuffNukem
    BuffNukem
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree, huge pain point. I would also like to add that the game also doesn't remember the video settings either. After every crash, I've already have had just 6 today in just 2 hours, I have to also keep going back in and set HDR Mode back to "Vibrant" instead of "Default". These setting should be saved and not something that needs to be reset EVERY time.

I'm playing on XBox Series X, NA.
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    I agree this is very annoying and has been a bug zos supposedly fixed a few patches ago, but since update 31 their "fix" is no longer working. I can't even leave the area chat after today's patch as I dc when I try to. I'm very frustrated with the voice chat and video bugs however not being able to log in and do anything at all is even worse. I'm on xbox series x na server.
    And yes I've deleted saved data, mac address, reset my router, and did a hard reset of my xbox. The only thing I haven't done is uninstall the game and reinstall as it will take hours or days to download and I won't be able to use my xbox for other things while the download is going and that's unacceptable.
  • Vonsaberhagen
    Vonsaberhagen
    ✭✭
    It is exactly the same on PS4. Playing on the PS4 NA server.
    It is horrible and extremely annoying.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the issue with automatically joining area voice chat has now been fixed in the recent update, we are going to close this thread from further discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.