The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ongoing PVP Bug List

SimonThesis
SimonThesis
✭✭✭✭✭
These are the main ones that I see on PC NA, please add any more you experience on all platforms! I will cross bugs out as soon as they seem to get fixed.

Ongoing Main PVP Bugs:
1. Cyrodiil Queue for Grayhost stops and gets stuck at a random number for over half an hour and then you have to ReQ and now the line is even longer.
2. Stuck in combat outside of combat and are unable to mount or log out.
3. Position Desyncs, rollbacks, being transported back to your position 10 seconds ago. *This happens much less frequently after the hardware update but it still occurs.
4. 49710 day buffs/debuffs stuck on your character ex. Minor vulnerability, CC immunity.
5. Slow bug, at large battles the entire server moves in slow motion. Even falling in slow motion.
6. Frequent crashes that take 3-4 login attempts to get back in at which point you are dropped back at the entrance gate.
7. Unable to Barswap in lag.
8. Skills stuck greyed out and unusuable even outside of combat, usually after a Silence or a stun+Immobilization.
9. Dark Convergence set is pulling off of roofs, through walls, causing position desyncs see #3, and forever bouncing people between 3 dark convergence procs.
10. Dragon Leaps and other gap closers often bug out and do not fire correctly.
11. Getting a busy system message while trying to fire siege weapons, siege weapons sometimes bug out and only shoot the ground.
12. Getting stuck in the Psijic ultimate Undo, You are stuck bouncing back n forth in the Undo animation until you log out.
13. Breakfree animation bugs out and you are stuck breaking free 5 times in a row.
14. Skills take multiple attempts before going off.
15. Knockup Bug after getting hit with the Mages Guild ultimate meteor or Volcanic Rune. You are stuck in the air for a period of time and the only thing you can do is hold block.
16. Double dooring bug, going through a door and coming out the same side you went in.
17. Oil damage desyncing. One moment you are at full health standing under oils, the next you are instantly oneshot by 20 ticks of oil.

@ZOS_Kevin
Edited by SimonThesis on May 7, 2022 5:46AM
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Fossilize not working 20-40% of the time.

- Cant sprint while 49k days debuff on me.
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    "Nice" list and many of this bugs are many years "old". :/.

for 12. mount up, this breaks/fix for me the bug and i can move foreward.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭
    Stam glitch - stam goes to 0
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP is in a horrible state. Mechanicalwise so bad it wasnt in a long time. Everybody is almost always cc immune due to the 49k days debuff and i get stunned 2x in 4 sec.
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on Xbox NA and PvP for me is actually doing great! I bough the Xbox series S and fixed my internet and I am not having issues.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4/NA Gray Host -

After keeps are taken or defended, fighting has stopped, and repairs have been made, the keep stays flagged for another 1-2 mins and you cannot teleport out to go on to the next battle.

It didn’t used to take that long.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4/NA Gray Host -

After keeps are taken or defended, fighting has stopped, and repairs have been made, the keep stays flagged for another 1-2 mins and you cannot teleport out to go on to the next battle.

It didn’t used to take that long.

@katanagirl1 we could have an entire thread dedicated to psNA GH tbh ...and sadly BR is just as bad anymore....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid over tuned streak bugging players out can't sprint
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah good luck with this, lol.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for this list, @SimonThesis. Thank you for highlighting this list. The Dev Team is aware of many of the issues you highlighted. No updates for now, but we'll check in on these and provide updates when they are available.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to know ZOS when am i refunded the money for buying this game? Cause as a DK, my main, the game is not playable. The main tools of the DK, fossilize and leap are not working, btw thats the reason i play the dk over other classes. I am really angry rn, cause i get beaton the *** out of myself, as a dk.
    PC/EU
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    DK in the iC bug, you have to go through a door to get skills to work.

After up date, (edit: Crit rush/stampide) you get stuck w/ your 2hd weapon over your head & cant do anything, dodge-roll, skills nothing, till you die.
    Edited by Skullderic on September 20, 2021 7:02PM
    Gert Soem!!
  • Mapekz
    Mapekz
    ✭✭
    I just want to know ZOS when am i refunded the money for buying this game? Cause as a DK, my main, the game is not playable. The main tools of the DK, fossilize and leap are not working, btw thats the reason i play the dk over other classes. I am really angry rn, cause i get beaton the *** out of myself, as a dk.

Posting here for visibility since this seems like a more consolidated list:

Petrify gets blocked by the game UI against a target who is CC immune. When natural CC immunity wears off, Petrify becomes unblocked and can be used on that target. However, for whatever reason, when the target obtains CC immunity through the Unstoppable effect e.g. via a potion or poison, you cannot Petrify them again even after the Unstoppable effect wears off. You have to trigger their natural CC immunity with Dragon Leap and wait for the natural immunity to wear off before you can Petrify again.

Seems like an easy enough fix - either the UI block can be removed entirely and let us waste our Magicka (this makes the skill feel more responsive as well), or the Unstoppable effect wearing off needs to trigger the unblocking of the UI button.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much and Np, Kevin! We appreciate this more than you know! Communication makes us feel heard. The Pvp community may seem pushy and grumpy at times but we Love ESO and want it to work, and we have been through a lot.
    Edited by SimonThesis on September 20, 2021 11:48PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I really love Cyrodiil PvP but it would be so much more enjoyable if skills were reliable!

There are so many times I have the opponent at low health and hit the execute to finish him off and just nothing happens. I am guessing it is positional desync.

I also hope something gets done to address the Dark Convergence problems. I am so tired of being yanked out of my siege when up above the ground defending the keep and pulled to the edge and smashed into nothingness.

There is one more bug that I now remember but I am not entirely sure how it gets triggered since it is rare - it is when you dismount at a keep and suddenly your stamina bar drops to zero and you have no resources to fight with (if you have a stamina toon like me).
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also like to comment that there seems to be no cc immunity at all. I get serial stunned and am unable to break free even while my unstoppable potion is running.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • KingzZVI
    KingzZVI
    ✭✭✭
    These are the main ones that I see on PC NA, please add any more you experience on all platforms! I will cross bugs out as soon as they seem to get fixed.

Ongoing Main PVP Bugs:
    1. Cyrodiil Queue for Grayhost stops and gets stuck at a random number for over half an hour and then you have to ReQ and now the line is even longer.
    2. Stuck in combat outside of combat and are unable to mount or log out.
    3. Position Desyncs, rollbacks, being transported back to your position 10 seconds ago.
    4. 49710 day buffs/debuffs stuck on your character ex. Minor vulnerability, CC immunity.
    5. Slow bug, at large battles the entire server moves in slow motion. Even falling in slow motion.
    6. Frequent crashes that take 3-4 login attempts to get back in at which point you are dropped back at the entrance gate.
    7. Unable to Barswap in lag.
    8. Skills stuck greyed out and unusuable even outside of combat, usually after a Silence or a stun+Immobilization.
    9. Dark Convergence set is pulling off of roofs, through walls, causing position desyncs see #3, and forever bouncing people between 3 dark convergence procs.
    10. Dragon Leaps and other gap closers often bug out and do not fire correctly.
    11. Getting a busy system message while trying to fire siege weapons, siege weapons sometimes bug out and only shoot the ground.
    12. Getting stuck in the Psijic ultimate Undo, You are stuck bouncing back n forth in the Undo animation until you log out.
    13. Breakfree animation bugs out and you are stuck breaking free 5 times in a row.
    14. Skills take multiple attempts before going off.

@ZOS_Kevin

These are also on Xbox NA server along with a knockup bug from meteor, volcanic run etc that keeps you stuck in the air until you get cc again
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mapekz wrote: »

Posting here for visibility since this seems like a more consolidated list:

Petrify gets blocked by the game UI against a target who is CC immune. When natural CC immunity wears off, Petrify becomes unblocked and can be used on that target. However, for whatever reason, when the target obtains CC immunity through the Unstoppable effect e.g. via a potion or poison, you cannot Petrify them again even after the Unstoppable effect wears off. You have to trigger their natural CC immunity with Dragon Leap and wait for the natural immunity to wear off before you can Petrify again.

Seems like an easy enough fix - either the UI block can be removed entirely and let us waste our Magicka (this makes the skill feel more responsive as well), or the Unstoppable effect wearing off needs to trigger the unblocking of the UI button.

Im observing this for quite a while too and im under the impression it has also something to do with when the target has a 49k debuff (bug) on him, what is very usual this patch and happens quite quick. Then petrify is greyed out. However u still can petrify that target but only like every 50 seconds which leads me to the assumption that there is something like a hard cap to cc immunity build in in the game which forces to make the target stunnable after a period of something like 45 sec or so.
    PC/EU
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the multiple stunning (needs to be on this list too)!

I observed that when i get stunned eg twice in 4 seconds, i had everytime an Immovability Potion running. I have also the auto-breakfree cp star slotted.
    Ive seen in my recordings that everytime this happens i break free and then drink the Immo potion while already CC immune from the breakfree - maybe there is a cancelation or something from the 2x CC immunity Effekt on top of each other.
    PC/EU
  • RajinPVP
    RajinPVP
    ✭✭✭
    Also .. Synergy sometimes getting disabled after getting hard CC'd. for example : I threw a Nova, then... I got stunned before nova animation drops to the ground for gravity crush.. for some reason any of my group mates can't find the synergy for it.

now maybe you think.. someone else that is not in the group took the synergy?.. but there are plenty of instances that its just us fighting and same problem occurred..

is this a feature or maybe a bug. we tested it on multiple synergies and the same issue happens.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Thanks for this list, @SimonThesis. Thank you for highlighting this list. The Dev Team is aware of many of the issues you highlighted. No updates for now, but we'll check in on these and provide updates when they are available.

Any update on when fossilize bug is fixed? It is still bugged. I hope u fix it with update 32. As in combat preview or patchnotes you (zos) said DK will get some long overdue love. For me personally this will be the pivot point if i leave the game.
    PC/EU
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS,

i try to provide as much info as i can to fix the petrify/fossilize bug.

Ive been monitoring this and try to figure it out as much as i can by analyzing my recorded fights.
    Sometimes i can fossilize my opponent a 1st time and then the cc immunity check for further fossilizes seem to always show that the target is cc immune - fossilize is greyed out.
    This is eg for about 50 seconds. If the target gets stunned by another CC/ eg from another player, eg fear seems to work very good, then after this cc immunity wears off
    (6-7 sec) i can fossilize the target again. But sometimes i cant fossilize my opponent at all, observed up to many minutes. (The general behaviour is somewhat similar to what @Mapekz described.)

I can imagine this has maybe also something to do with what was introduced in update 5.2.7:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/500502/pc-mac-patch-notes-v5-2-7:

"General:
    Crowd Control abilities that have fail safes for targeting already CC’ed targets will now properly update when looking at targets that gain CC Immunity via special means, such as abilities or potions."

-> the described above + maybe the 49k days debuff bug shows for petrify/fossilze that the target is cc immune - BUT AS DESCRIBED OTHER STUNS WORK! Maybe only stuns with (in 5.2.7 patchnotes) the described failsafe show this behaviour. What is an other failsafe CC, was there something similar reported?
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on October 14, 2021 5:48PM
    PC/EU
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok i just a perfect example for this fossilize bug. It was a long and hard fight that i recorded.
    Fossilize was greyed out for 4 minutes and 42 seconds from the beginning on, i couldnt fossilize my opponent not a single time and checked the recording after - it was greyed out 100% entirely until i managed to hit the guy 2x with dizzy swing and

-> STUNNED him that way.

- After that fossilize was working everytime after the cc immunity wore off (6-7sec).

-> I asked the guy after if he had a 49k debuff on him. He checked and said NO.

--> BUT HE SAID HE USES UNSTOPPABLE POISONS THAT ALSO BREAK U FREE!

(Here is the tooltip text of such a poison:
    Immobilizes your target and grants you Unstoppable, rendering you immune to control effects for 3.9 seconds. This poison will also break you free of ongoing control effects.)

-> So we are getting closer - it seems it really has to do with what is described in update 5.2.7 patchnotes:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/500502/pc-mac-patch-notes-v5-2-7:

"General:
    Crowd Control abilities that have fail safes for targeting already CC’ed targets will now properly update when looking at targets that -!- -!- -!- gain CC Immunity via special means, such as abilities or potions." -!- -!- -!-

(This happened in CP IC PC EU)
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on October 15, 2021 8:28PM
    PC/EU
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 additionaal thoughts what also could play a role for fossilize bug:

- The CP star that makes your CC immunity duration longer.

- as many others have already pointed out, its very likely that immovabilitty potions play a major role here.
    PC/EU
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Immovability potions do not work as intended:

A new observation that i recently made to the immo potion problems (interfering with fossilize, cancelling each other out when drinking while already cc immune due to eg breakfree) is, thatt immo potions do not work when you drink em while riding. I was stunned when the stam of my mount was depleted and i was only 5 seconds into the immmo potion i just drank, so there should have been 5 more seconds cc immunity.
    PC/EU
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    I had a very frustrating moment that requires a restart. My character moves at the speed that he has when blocking, but this is normal running (sprint does not work). All the others run normally.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to use the cliche " The devs dont play their own game" but if they were unaware of any of thease then it shows they dont play, because the things in the list happen all the time. For me especially the break free one.
  • OrangeShirt
    OrangeShirt
    Soul Shriven
    Just to add, when Dragon Leap bugs out it can stop working entirely until you leave the PVP zone.

Specifically, the range of the skill gets removed so it'll never go off no matter how near or far you are to the target. I've specifically never been able to use dragon leap in battlegrounds for the longest time. The same thing happens once I leave the sewers in IC.

6sgd3sfsvuhs.png

Nothing I've tried has been able to fix this, and battlegrounds are just that much harder without it :/
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to add, when Dragon Leap bugs out it can stop working entirely until you leave the PVP zone.

Specifically, the range of the skill gets removed so it'll never go off no matter how near or far you are to the target. I've specifically never been able to use dragon leap in battlegrounds for the longest time. The same thing happens once I leave the sewers in IC.

6sgd3sfsvuhs.png

Nothing I've tried has been able to fix this, and battlegrounds are just that much harder without it :/

I have had success by slotting another ulti (e.g. onslaught or DB) for 1 death. Then reslotting leap usually works when spawned again. Hope that works as a temporary fix.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭

6sgd3sfsvuhs.png

U need change zone.
    PC/EU