The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NA Servers: Serial "hanging" and Error 200

Aca2017
Aca2017
✭✭✭
Log in, enter the game world, play for a few minutes... game world becomes unresponsive (latency does not change, connection is not dropped, I just can't interact with anything in the game world)... quit the game (can't log out, not enough "connection" even for that), attempt to log back in, encounter an "Error 200", drop and re-establish my VPN connection...

Rinse/repeat ad infinitum. Also experiencing short login queue issues (a few seconds, generally) on login, so I assume much of the community is having these problems at the moment.

It is possible there something going on in general with the internet, general infrastructure/topology, but none of my other services seem to be affected. I would assume something is happening at the ESO server end.

I have not yet tried without VPN, that will be on my list if the problem doesn't heal itself.
  • SpellSlingerTaz
    Same issue here - non-VPN.
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    Further information: happening with VPN, happening without VPN. (Was probably always w/o VPN... looking at my configuration, I was reminded that I have the ESO launcher and client configured to bypass VPN.)

Still (so far) no other "continuous" services (other games, video streaming, etc) seem to be affected.
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    This seems to have abated for me. No official explanation? Just par for the course?
  • SpellSlingerTaz
    Fixed for me too this morning. Happens, with tech - lots of moving parts.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me game is practically unplayable since yesterday (PC EU) - lost lobby connections (I had this issue for weeks but now it's 5 times worst), login errors, unresponsive game world - I can't play more than 15 minutes without some issues. Servers are literally tearing apart and ZOS only links connection troubleshoots, when everyone knows that majority of this problems are game side. There is no problem with our Internet connection, it's game fault!
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Aca2017

We recommend going through our help article linked below to resolve Error 200.

What do I do if I get an error stating "Authentication service 200 error login service has failed"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post