The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

External keyboard issues

KT_Fox
KT_Fox
When I press the enter key on the keyboard the virtual keyboard pops up over the top of the hud. I find this difficult to then go back and remember which channel I am in. I type /z to switch to zone chat, press enter and then enter again to go back to write some text.

My other issues with this changed functionality it I can’t just press the up arrow to repeat what I just said. How do I send the same message again or scroll through the people I have whispered?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 16, 2021 6:04PM
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday i had a problem controls too, every time i was having lagg, like pressing for an action and there is a sound but no action and this happens several times, but yesterday I had yo play luke an hour like that
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree its very annoying. There is a post in the PS forum about it where it is being picked up https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/585970/ps5-bug-on-screen-keyboard-forced#latest
    Soupy twist
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    But it is happeninh always when I stop riding, or sometimes in the middle of the fight
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KT_Fox wrote: »
    When I press the enter key on the keyboard the virtual keyboard pops up over the top of the hud. I find this difficult to then go back and remember which channel I am in. I type /z to switch to zone chat, press enter and then enter again to go back to write some text.

My other issues with this changed functionality it I can’t just press the up arrow to repeat what I just said. How do I send the same message again or scroll through the people I have whispered?

If you know you'll have to repeat a message you can use copy and paste still. It's a really bad change tho, definitely a step back in user friendliness
    PS4 EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As posted here, The dev team is aware and investigating this issue. With multiple threads already open we are closing this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.