The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lag in Maelstrom

Dread_drinks_tea
Dread_drinks_tea
Soul Shriven
Seriously. What’s the point of pushing out events when you have a broken game.

Can’t even weapon swap without the entire game freezing, makes the last boss on vet maelstrom real easy! /s

Fix your absolutely broken game before trying to push out new content!

Update: glad to know it’s not just me.. I’ll wait for my perfected gear till after the event!!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 2, 2021 10:52PM
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought it was just me last night, vMA was terrible.

Movement was like being stuck in treacle, and weapon swapping was awful.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO lagging almost everywhere atm. Cyro, overland questing, solo main story, dungeons - thats what i know for sure.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm "happy" to see I'm to alone, unplayable at the poison stage, each dodge out of flower and still get it, bar swap are so log, skill animation same, just made me quit the game again and go back gw2.

Remember me the last time in South Elsweyr where while doing GS run it was buggy af, most of the roster including me end-up quitting the game...
    Why those latency issue aren't fix after so many year that incredible...
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Sambucca1973
    Sambucca1973
    ✭✭✭
    I finished normal MA yesterday. Picked up at the spider arena and that went OK, but seemed slow. Then ran into noticeable lag in the poison arena. Not in AOE, archers down, full health, then BAM! dead.

Thankfully, the arenas after that were OK. I may run it again because double drops are nice. But will nope out if it is laggy from the start.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IC is an unholy lagfest. Game reports 2-3k ping at times....
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Australia (ping 330ish) vMA has always had some lag for me, it always gets worse when events are on.

I presume it is due to server resources being allocated to different regions of the map due to population influx.

Cyrodil has usually had more lag during events for the same reason
  • Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was me as well, thanks OP, at least I know now.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah [snip] is maelstrom so laggy it's a solo instance so event shouldnt effect it so something is royally fubar.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 28, 2021 11:50AM
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I had poison plants explode on me that I'd already gotten out of the way of. A couple of times I was perfectly fine and then got hit with multiple attacks that I hadn't even seen. Disclaimer: I am terrible at VmA, but I know how to weapon swap and it just wasn't happening.
    PC EU & NA
  • UnkindnessOfRavens
    UnkindnessOfRavens
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! My toon was so confused by the vma lag that she was trying to fire her 2H maul like a bow... Needless to say, she died pretty quickly.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My favorite was when I got heavy attacked by something, and proceeded to just slide across the floor in slow motion for like 5 seconds. That whole place is a meme right now
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance as a whole has been on a relatively gradual but steady decline over the last year. Last 6 months especially.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I had poison plants explode on me that I'd already gotten out of the way of. A couple of times I was perfectly fine and then got hit with multiple attacks that I hadn't even seen. Disclaimer: I am terrible at VmA, but I know how to weapon swap and it just wasn't happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Uq52NmzfI

This stuff has been around a long time. The game admin has never been concerned, the amount of bugs and automated inane responses is testament.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens every event in Wrothgar...
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah well only a month to go before an entirely new set of places to explore!
    Edited by Thannazzar on August 29, 2021 8:59AM
  • Lucozade85
    Lucozade85
    ✭✭✭
    Lag is happening everywhere, definitely on Xbox EU, and it's not because of this event either. It has been bad for months.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the wirling blades area blades are warping for me! real hard to avoid
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everything was ok till final stage 6 boss....couldn't bar swap or throw grenade on target :s
    after 20 minutes i abandoned quest,did a normal all 9 stages run and done with weakly endeavor and event
    at least nodes aren't affected by lag so im going to spend my time farming
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got DC’d a couple of times in Maelstrom last night, but didn’t notice any lag.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dread_drinks_tea
    Dread_drinks_tea
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the pointless response. Because of course MY MODEM is the issue. I suppose everyone else’s modem is to fault too. CANT POSSIBLY BE THIS GAME /S

Your customer service is about as helpful as a chocolate fire guard.
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    six2fall wrote: »
    Yeah [snip] is maelstrom so laggy it's a solo instance so event shouldnt effect it so something is royally fubar.

That isn't how servers work
    uwu