The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Most buffs and debuffs are vanishing without reason (7.1.5)

CyberOnEso
CyberOnEso
✭✭✭✭✭
I am by no means the first to notice this, it is mostly common knowledge by now.
I really hope ZOS are aware by now, and they probably are, but I wanted to report it so that at least it has been said.

Version: eso.live.7.1.5.2310914 2021/08/20
Server: PC EU (Almost certainly happening on PC NA also)

But most buffs/ debuffs are just disappearing at seemingly random times. Buffs that have been seen to vanish are:

Class Passives:
  • Sorc ult cost reduction
  • Necro health bonus
  • DK sustain bonuses
  • Almost certainly nearly all other buffs, just those ones are easy to spot

Racial bonuses can sometimes disappear

The only way to get these buffs back seems to be by re-allocating your skills.

Food buffs
  • Mag/ stam recovery can sometimes disappear

Armor Passives
  • Light armor penetration
  • Light armor cost reduction/ magicka recovery
  • Almost certainly many more

Buffs from sets
  • Minor slayer disappears from 3rd piece trial sets (most likely happens with Minor Aegis too). You need to reapply the set to get the buff back.
  • Kilt and Death Dealers fete buffs sometimes disappear and you need to re-equip the item to get it back
  • Powerful Assult can sometimes drop after being applied before the end of the duration. (Potentially the 5th piece bonus from wearing the set is lost)

Debuffs on target
This seems to only happen if taunt is applied within 2 seconds of casting DK chains which apply a "soft taunt"

This is not going to be an exhaustive list most likely it is something that is affecting nearly all buffs and debuffs and we have only observed some of them thus far.

Edited by CyberOnEso on August 29, 2021 12:25PM
@CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey,

I can confirm those passives stop working randomly. I couldn't figure out how, when and why. Costs of skills can change after something as simple as using a way shrine. It is absolutely insane.

Passives are completely bugged out, I am sorry, but this is unplayable and needs a hotfix ASAP.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on August 26, 2021 10:53PM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for spelling these out. Even though it's been discussed around, this is the first actual list I've seen. It's been affecting me too, and if I notice something specific to add I'll send a bug report and post it here.
    PC NA
  • Munkfist
    Munkfist
    ✭✭✭
    Bug report has already been submitted, but Mundus boons are also falling off randomly.
    @Munkfist PC-NA
    The Devoted Torchbugs
    Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery Guildhall - Feel free to use!
    If your guild needs a crafthall, please feel free to reach out!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I can confirm all these things are happening on PC NA. Unplayable is right, at least for any content where you rely on these buffs.
  • Doomiel92
    Doomiel92
    Yeah it keeps happening on PC EU
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler

It has been said by a few people that the combustion is the cause, I think it is. However, more specifically the passive fades in the game tick following someone losing a buff called 'Combustion'. This buff occurs when a Mystic Orb is over your character.

In case this is of any help, I have gone through some logs from our previous raid.

unknown.png

Additional examples
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

Edited by CyberOnEso on August 29, 2021 10:50AM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue (PC EU)
  • teabelly
    teabelly
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing this in most DLC trials.

game breaking & loosing players :(
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks, we're currently investigating these issues. Please continue sending us your bug reports so we can gather more information.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Alendrin
    Alendrin
    ✭✭✭
    I had the undaunted passive giving 6% to health, magicka, and stamina stop working in cyrodil. Unfortunately I am not sure under what circumstances it happened.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently I noticed my Stamina Recovery in vHof was too low. I ported out of the instance, my Stamina Rec increased by ~200 and so I ported back into vHoF. I got to keep the increased Stamina Recovery until the end.

I noticed that cost of Venomous Claw on my Stamina DK changes often after porting (using a wayshrine for example). The cost changes between 1540 and 1641. I run 7 medium without any additional cost reduction apart from medium armor and World in ruin passives. The combustion synergy can't cause this, because I am literally doing nothing else than using wayshrines and looking at my stats!
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on August 29, 2021 9:33PM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks, we're currently investigating these issues. Please continue sending us your bug reports so we can gather more information.

Thank you for keeping us informed, it is greatly appreciated!

• scelesticscylla
    From what i've heard via other players, they've noticed its when u use the synergy to either morph of orb from undaunted line. So for now, the only work around is to just not run orb. :'(
    @CAS1NOVA
    Main heals /tank

GUILDS
    Divine Crusade
    Real Guild Best Guild
    The Kind Kwamas
    Hard Dungeoneers
    The Four Musketeers
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc passive that gives you health if you have a daedric summoning doesn't seem to be working either
  • theCampeR_
    theCampeR_
    ✭✭✭
    CP active abilities are also failing at random times. Last night during my whole play through in cyrodil, CP passives such as Survival Instincts (While afflicted with a Status Effect, your core combat skills cost 5% less per stage. 5 Stages.) doesn't seem to be working at all. Huge sustain issues because of this bug.
    Edited by theCampeR_ on August 30, 2021 8:17AM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theCampeR_ wrote: »
    CP active abilities are also failing at random times. Last night during my whole play through in cyrodil, CP passives such as Survival Instincts (While afflicted with a Status Effect, your core combat skills cost 5% less per stage. 5 Stages.) doesn't seem to be working at all. Huge sustain issues because of this bug.

I can confirm this, as I did a vMA run with Reaving Blows as CP Star active.
    Endboss of 2nd last Stage dropped me to 10% I spammed Burning Embers on my DK and got 0 health back, neither from reaving blows nor from the Burning Embers nor Pale Order Ring, very strange

It seemed like all restore and recovery was gone at this moment.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost light armor passive Evocation during the same tick someone used the orb synergy, according to logs:
    1r2slgqpeh5t.png
    then it was gone for the whole run. Last trash pack before the Hunter Killers boss:
    1cgwn8c9m8yn.png
    and the Hunter Killers:
    4f92e0jitioo.png

same thing happened to my Power Stone and Unholy Knowledge class passives, but can't track them in esologs because they are not listed there (but I noticed increased cost of my abilities and ultimate + my sustain was garbage for the whole run).

edit: changed first screenshot
    Edited by perfiction on August 30, 2021 12:01PM
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buff 'Energy Orb' does not mean someone took the synergy. You gain the buff when a player's orb is over you (When you are able to use the synergy if it is not on cooldown).

I don't think it has anything to do with taking the synergy.
    perfiction wrote: »
    I lost light armor passive Evocation one tick after someone used the orb synergy, according to logs:
    xxk8f7dc1kz4.png

• perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    The buff 'Energy Orb' does not mean someone took the synergy. You gain the buff when a player's orb is over you (When you are able to use the synergy if it is not on cooldown).

I don't think it has anything to do with taking the synergy.

Ah true, I meant to upload this sceen with the combustion - I screenshoted wrong browser tab. I updated my previous post. Not sure if the combustion is the real problem here but well, it happens randomly and it's hard to test and reproduce the issue.
    1r2slgqpeh5t.png
    Edited by perfiction on August 30, 2021 12:00PM
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have thought my sustain issues come from getting and using Companion which steal kills from my MagDK but guess this might also be the cause, I have been using same sets for years and never before I had overland sustain issues and now on MagDK it just is horrible.
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had multiple class passives disappear on a character that only does vMA and doesn't mingle with other players. The most noticeable were Blood Magic, Power Stone, Expert Summoner and at least one of the magicka sustain passives. The earliest it happened was round 2 of the arena, before any synergy button options show up. I don't use sigils and don't walk over them if I can help it, especially in the early rounds.