Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

[SORCERER STREAK BUG] Grunting, moaning, yelling, screaming (Update 31)

Moonspawn
Moonspawn
✭✭✭
How can I disable this? I'd like to hear the music of the game, the effects of my skills and the sounds of the world around me.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it, the streak grunting makes it feel more realistic.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would an Orc Sorc sound like streaking.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I thought someone took a massive dump when I heard it, pushed a baby sized poop right there.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to go. We (sorcs) streak far too much, so this is allover the place. I understand what they tried, but for this it's doing more harm than good.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh no

Is it back :unamused:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I thought someone took a massive dump when I heard it, pushed a baby sized poop right there.

Imagine if they'd meshed the sound up with the Murkmire shield cast-time animations...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    You don't want to hear your Sorc grunt every time they streak?

...yeah, neither do we. We're working on removing this. :smile:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you know how long I've been streaking for you?!
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as you're messing with them, please, please play this every time a sorc streaks
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=bxUfg3uCBbg&t=35s
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I dont want to here others Sorc at anytime, nor to get knockedback by them around creafting areas using this' skill'
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heeyaa hoooyaa ughaaa haaaiiia hoooiaaa uuuaaah

Sorry, was busy streaking, what did you say?

Oh that, cool!! Well, see you later have to gooohaaaiiiaaa!!!
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Is there any way the grunting and yelling upon going combat ready can be reverted as well? Grunt and yell away when using skills or swinging weapons but it's kind of annoying when you just lift your fists or unsheathe a weapon and your character is yelling like they're full-on fighting already.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This sound bug is similar to the one from few months ago. It's sad that we barely could enjoy the time when it was fixed previously (Blackwood release), and after few months it has returned again :o

This time the bug affects only two abilities: sorcerers got unexpected vocalization for Streak ability, and all characters lost proper vocalization from Break Free ability (instead of loud scream, they just do very quiet "sigh"). Luckily, no other abilities seem to be affected this time.

I guess it's another few months of loud Streak and silent Break Free for us :/
  • Moonspawn
    Moonspawn
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, I hope the fix doesnt take too long. Playing without any sound effects is just not the same :(
    Edited by Moonspawn on August 27, 2021 10:43PM
  • Moonspawn
    Moonspawn
    ✭✭✭
    The maintenance today didn't fix the moaning
  • choekstr
    choekstr
    ✭✭✭
    Oh man, 7 years of playing and I never noticed the grunt on streak. now I can't stop hearing it....argh
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer they give us the option to remove nearly all, if not actually all, of the grunting and screaming from characters in combat. Some of the voice options range from "ok" to "bad 70s adult movie". It is not like our characters actually talk anyway.
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    Its not just streak. Every time I cast wall of elements or mystic orb, it's VERY noticeable. I think I've heard it on Boundless storm too.

PLEASE fix this.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonspawn wrote: »
    The maintenance today didn't fix the moaning

The update didn't apply to forum posts.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L E W D
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want my dude to laugh when he attacks. like American psycho style. please make it happen
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Streaking... lol.. no I know what you mean. :D
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Moonspawn
    Moonspawn
    ✭✭✭
    This bug was fixed today with patch 7.1.7. Thanks.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonspawn wrote: »
    How can I disable this? I'd like to hear the music of the game, the effects of my skills and the sounds of the world around me.

I hate the grunting with an intense passion! THIS NEEDS TO GO ASAP!!
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saf227_ESO wrote: »
    As long as you're messing with them, please, please play this every time a sorc streaks
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=bxUfg3uCBbg&t=35s

That would be great!
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was hilarious and perfectly fitted my Argonian's nasal voice and drunken personality, I want it back! :'(
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    already miss it
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    already miss it
    It will come back soon enough - you can hope for U32 :)
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to have Templar Jabby Jabs looked at? The screams and grunts during every channel, especially on females, is absolutely immersion breaking.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    What would an Orc Sorc sound like streaking.

Singing: "The hills are alive with the sound of bloodshed!"