The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Why questing is a walking simulator?

Neldorh
Neldorh
Soul Shriven
I am currently a lvl 24 magsorc, stage 4 vampire, no attributes, only one lvl 1 piece of light/medium/armor and questing it is still too easy... so any plan to have an OPTIONAL "veteran" questing difficulty option in the near future?
And please, I am just talking about questing, I understand that there is other content available.
Edited by Neldorh on August 21, 2021 4:16PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far there hasn't been any mention of that, but over the years there's been a few topics in the forums asking for an optional overland veteran mode. Currently the only way to somewhat increase the difficult is to deliberately mess with your build, like you've said, no food/gear, stuff like that, though it would probably still be doable for the most part.
  • Oznog666
    Oznog666
    ✭✭✭
    You can go to Craglorn to do the quests over there. Although many areas and delves are marked as group content you can do them alone.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started the game earlier this year, though I have played MMORPGs for years. I found the quests to be very enjoyable. Very good stories that are well done. The "difficulty" is pretty much on par with other major MMORPGs I have played in recent years. I think questing is not intended to be challenging so it is open to everyone and we can focus on the stories.
  • josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The difficulty used to be much higher around the initial release, quest bosses actually posed a threat and you had to do their mechanics to survive. I loved this. Now one just zerks through everything, not even noticing the bosses actually have mechanics, lame af. But too many people complained the game was too difficult, the result is an absurdly easy overworld experience.
    (つ -‘ _ ‘- )つ ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Neldorh
    Neldorh
    Soul Shriven
    Amottica wrote: »
    I started the game earlier this year, though I have played MMORPGs for years. I found the quests to be very enjoyable. Very good stories that are well done. The "difficulty" is pretty much on par with other major MMORPGs I have played in recent years. I think questing is not intended to be challenging so it is open to everyone and we can focus on the stories.

That is why I think that overland content is a walking simulator, it is not a RPG where the final boss is a threat and every step is an adventure where you can die at every step. You just get to the final boss, use ANY skill you want and kill it in less than 30 seconds effortlessly. So for me it is just the opposite, I can't really feel the story if it doesn't pose me even a small challenge.

And that is way I think there must be an OPTIONAL mode, so if you want to quest for story you can, or power level, or whatever... but the rest of us can ALSO enjoy the game :smile: .
  • summ0004
    summ0004
    ✭✭✭
    Neldorh wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »

That is why I think that overland content is a walking simulator, it is not a RPG where the final boss is a threat and every step is an adventure where you can die at every step. You just get to the final boss, use ANY skill you want and kill it in less than 30 seconds effortlessly. So for me it is just the opposite, I can't really feel the story if it doesn't pose me even a small challenge.

And that is way I think there must be an OPTIONAL mode, so if you want to quest for story you can, or power level, or whatever... but the rest of us can ALSO enjoy the game :smile: .

You may wish to look at the other thread in the general discussion and add your opinions there as there is one debating the issues with overland at the moment.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

Because there is a thread already open on this topic, we're going to close this one down so that all feedback can be consolidated in one place. You may continue the discussion here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.