The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO PVP is DEAD, only thing left is the funeral

Merforum
Merforum
✭✭✭✭✭
This last MYM was dead. IC and cyro were empty and even more BORING than I can remember.

BGs was/is ALSO DEAD. I played BGs 5 times in past 2 weeks at random times and 3 out of 5 times I was playing with STREAMERS (and I only know about 4 streamers). Yes actual streamers. It has become pretty obvious at this point that PVP consists of 10-15 streamers and about 50 fanboys. No wonder they have endeavors for BGs but do know if it can be saved.

EVEN DEATHMATCH is garbage, because instead of sticking together everyone is playing hit and run, where all they do is run from any fight then sneak up to one shot anyone who has low health. Just played today and was more support build with ice staff where all people have to do is stand behind me while I CC the enemy so they can mow them down. But 4-5 times when moving against enemy where we outnumbered them 2 or 3 or 4 vs 1 or 2 and we got them into execute range when I noticed I was by myself, then 1 or more enemies came up behind me and turned the tables, I even got killed 2 times. Really boring and toxic gameplay, come in try one shot cheese, didn't work, run away for 15 seconds, try again.

ZOS it's a wrap, please stop making changes for PVP, especially that make PVE worse. It is starting to make sense why the performance is getting worse, instead of adding MORE SERVERS/Resources/instances, it seems like you have actually reduces resources because of super low population of players.
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not dead yet but pvp population is definitely declining. Main reason is that it's not solo or new player friendly. New players hop into BGs and get obliterated by premades. 9 out of 10 matches you get premades. The problem is that group queue option is set by default, and it doesn't even mention the word "group", just says "random battleground ". To play against other solo players you need to select the solo option. But then you sit in queue for hours since no one knows that even exsist.
    Not worth even mention Cyro where you cant even find anyone to fight. 90% of the time is horse riding simulator and then some zerg will wipe you.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »
    It's not dead yet but pvp population is definitely declining. Main reason is that it's not solo or new player friendly. New players hop into BGs and get obliterated by premades. 9 out of 10 matches you get premades. The problem is that group queue option is set by default, and it doesn't even mention the word "group", just says "random battleground ". To play against other solo players you need to select the solo option. But then you sit in queue for hours since no one knows that even exsist.
    Not worth even mention Cyro where you cant even find anyone to fight. 90% of the time is horse riding simulator and then some zerg will wipe you.

Yeah, but that is why I say it is dead. And the solo queue is just as bad. How can they get new players to keep playing or good players (that do objectives, play as team, etc) to come back, when more than half of matches are the same extremely toxic players playing over and over ruining every match.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To address your title - We’ve held funerals in cyrodiil before. The game went on, unchanged.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terribly slow boring tank metas, large groups and ball groups unchallenged absolute superiority with 0 drawbacks combined with faction lock plus worsening server performance has been ruining Cyrodil for most players experience for years. Performance makes the main campaign terrible to play during peak times and one faction being 2 bars whilst other factions being on 0 during off peak times. The difference over the last few patches is there are either a lower number of new players coming in to replace the dissatisfied players leaving or more players just leaving for PvE or other games with more satisfying PvP.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Terribly slow boring tank metas, large groups and ball groups unchallenged absolute superiority with 0 drawbacks combined with faction lock plus worsening server performance has been ruining Cyrodil for most players experience for years. Performance makes the main campaign terrible to play during peak times and one faction being 2 bars whilst other factions being on 0 during off peak times. The difference over the last few patches is there are either a lower number of new players coming in to replace the dissatisfied players leaving or more players just leaving for PvE or other games with more satisfying PvP.

Yeah you are right it is a mess. Tanky builds don't bother me that much but GANKY going from just an annoyance to massively prevalent playstyle was biggest mistake ZOS made I think.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

Yeah you are right it is a mess. Tanky builds don't bother me that much but GANKY going from just an annoyance to massively prevalent playstyle was biggest mistake ZOS made I think.

Definitely, luckily theres not too many stamsorc gankers on the server I play on but every 5th player is some sort of bomber or ganker and getting surprised attack CCd then hit for a 12k incap or just randomly solo bombed for a 15k soul tether than spammed for 6k saps happens so incredibly frequently that you have to be beyond vigilant. The bigger number of tanky builds are just the natural counter to it.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif

well then, there's no time to waste, let's party in cyro and send the game off right...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, empty Cyrodiil in MYM... I earn something like 4m AP and played mostly in event campaigns because my home campaign everyday has queues for 100+ people... I had a lot of fun with some groups and zergs and there was definetely a lot of action.

PvP have serious problems, but exaggeration is not constructive and healthy...
    Edited by Luke_Flamesword on July 21, 2021 6:52AM
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed I log in to cyro every now and then but when you are alone, fighting one enemy on a resource and skills dont fire (not even primetime) than I just log out again.

Cyro being unfixable I could live with, but than at least give us valid small scale options until cyro gets a fix.
    Instead we get the we are working on cyro so no other pvp updates (apart from a siege memento)

Give us ranked battlegrounds, arenas, guild vs guild sieges or at the very least group vs group duels. But we get nothing.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS is about to make a big mistake.
    The resurrection of Tank meta will rubbish PvP.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    PTS is about to make a big mistake.
    The resurrection of Tank meta will rubbish PvP.

Does it matter with the current server state? I can run through an enemy zerg with a glass canon build and they cannot hit me due to lag. I cannot hit them either, so it´s all balanced...

Auto-tank builds for everyone!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IC CP was packed this MYM. It was constant huge fights 24/7 the entire event. I wish it was like that all the time.
    PC NA
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

As this thread has run its course and is no longer constructive, we are now going to close it. While we completely understand everyone has their own opinions, thoughts, feelings and even frustrations, we want the forums to be a civil and constructive platform for the game and it's community as a whole.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.