The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Update 31 - Feedback Thread for New Item Sets

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new item sets in Update 31. Please try out the new item sets and let us know what you think! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Which of the new item sets did you try out, and what did you think of them?
  • Did anything you received feel under or over-powered?
  • Would you include any of the new item sets in any of your current builds?
  • Do you have any general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 12, 2021 7:34PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe the new Cyrodiil sets from RotW are on the PTS atm. I couldn't find the sets on the Template and didn't drop from any old RotW boxes I had.

Edit: I'd forgotten the Stickerbooks had been fully kitted out. Problem solved!
    Edited by AgentZenish on July 12, 2021 8:16PM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe the new Cyrodiil sets from RotW are on the PTS atm. I couldn't find the sets on the Template and didn't drop from any old RotW boxes I had.

Edit: I'd forgotten the Stickerbooks had been fully kitted out. Problem solved!

I too was trying to test these out but they seem to be missing.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how crimson oath’s rive set pairs with the nightblade shadow barrier passive, dark cloak and blur. Now I have a de-buff aura of sorts on my tankblade; nice work I like this a lot. Now please improve bolstering darkness.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roar of Alkosh: Increased this set’s Armor reduction cap to 6000, up from 3000. Perhaps damage dealers will finally wear it, but probably not.

Poor Alkosh set, intended for DDs but they never wearing it :) And they still not gonna wear it even with the above change as it's just a big dps loss for the wearer compared to available better DD sets. If you guys want the DDs to wear it, you have to add something which boost the wearer damage dealing capabilities.

Something like these examples, granting a damage buff to the wearer, one which close in value to the relevant minor buff but not the named minor buff itself what they already have from other sources:
    • "Reduces the Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance of any enemy hit by the amount of your Weapon Damage for the duration, up to a maximum of 6000 and increases your critical chance by one fifth of the resistance reduction (up to maximum 1200 critical chance at 6000 reduction) for 15 seconds." - maximum slightly less then the minor savagery buff
    • "Reduces the Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance of any enemy hit by the amount of your Weapon Damage for the duration, up to a maximum of 6000 and increases your critical damage by 1% for every 750 resistance reduction (up to maximum 8% critical damage at 6000 reduction) for 15 seconds." - maximum slightly less then the minor force buff
    • "Reduces the Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance of any enemy hit by the amount of your Weapon Damage for the duration, up to a maximum of 6000 and increasing your damage done by 1% for every 1500 resistance reduction (up to maximum 4% at 6000 reduction) for 15 seconds" - maximum slightly less then minor berserk buff
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm crossposting the feedback I put in the Pelinal's thread, but also adding:
    1) I tested the newly reworked Pelinal's Wrath set. I was underwhelmed.
    2) It felt too difficult to keep up it's buff to be worth running over something like Hunding's Rage or NMA (so under-powered relative to baseline sets)
    3) Not at the current iteration, no. For more info on my build types and playstyle, I run solo vet content such as VH and MA as well as soloing dungeons that don't have levers, push pads, and other such mechanics.
    4) Here is my feedback from the other thread:
    oterWitz wrote: »
    I did some quick tests. First with a run through nFG1 on my stamblade wearing new Pelinal's + Briarheart + RotPO with the usual vMA bow/1-piece monster extras. For buff food I was completely unbuffed for the first two boss fights, then used Lava Foot Soup and Saltrice, with the reasoning that I wanted to keep my max health as low as possible while maximizing DPS and HPS. In this more causal run I noticed that I got some pretty hefty shields during combat, especially during all the add fights in the first half of the dungeon. During combat, my self healing was sufficient so that healing was never an issue. But before and after fights my health would drop, with the lowest being 30%. Besides the healing and shields, I didn't feel any big changes overall compared to something like Hundings Rage.

Second, I took my stamsorc through vFG1 wearing new Pelinal's + Levi + RotPO with the usual vMA bow/1-piece monster extras. She had Lava Foot on the whole way through. During this run, healing was still not an issue, though I noticed fewer health drops in the windows before and after combat which relates to the following issue with stacks of Wrath of Whitestrake. I paid much more attention to the stacks of wp/sp damage and converse Oblivion damage during this run, and was a bit disappointed at how difficult it was to maintain max stacks, or indeed any stacks during boss fights. The best boss for this set was the crab boss, because it spawned many weak adds every 10 seconds or so, so I could easily gather many stacks and keep those stacks refreshed. But on the Dreugh King last fight, I spent most of the fight at zero stacks, only acquiring them during the two add phases. During all fights where I did have stacks of Wrath of Whitestrake, I felt like I was wasting them fairly often because I would have to refresh my buffs and dots during the ten second window you have to maintain the stacks rather than directly damaging the boss with the higher weapon damage.

Thinking ahead to other places where this set might be used, it could have an edge in any add heavy boss fight, but keep in mind those adds have to be fairly weak and abundant so that you can kill them quickly enough to keep the stacks of Wrath of Whitestrake up. So it will probably perform slightly worse than Hundings in a fight like Maebroogha in vVH where there is a steady stream of adds but those are too tanky and infrequent to keep up more than a few stacks for very long.

-tldr-
    So, after these quick tests my verdict is that the current version of Pelinal's Wrath is not very strong for solo play. In my opinion, it would be best to revert to the old set and rename it. If the devs are dead set on adding yet another set to the game, then rework Pelinal's Wrath so that stacks last longer but the initial damage shield is weaker (or a similar tradeoff).
    PC NA
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new Plaguebreak and Hrothgar’s Chill sets seem to be missing from the max template cyrodiil sets container.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Little I'm interested in using. Magma Incarnate could be an exception.

Scorion's Feast calls for 2 heavy attacks every 20 seconds, which is a lot of GCDs.

That said, I mainly play ranged magica (heals/DPS), so I was looking mainly at what fit those. E.g., I don't have an opinion as to whether Rush of Agony will fit some kind of hybrid DPS/tank.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pelinal’s Wrath is lackluster here us my proposed change; kill not required to gain shield initially, and increase the potency of each stack but reduce the max stacks.

Pelinal’s Wrath:
    2: Weapon and Spell Damage
    3: Offensive Penetration
    4: Weapon and Spell Damage
    5: Grants you a damage shield based on your Weapon or Spell Damage every 15 seconds. Whenever you kill an enemy you refresh your shield and gain a stack of Wrath of Whitestrike granting you up to 200 Weapon and Spell Damage for 15 seconds. Each stack also causes you to take 2% of your Max health as Oblivion Damage every second per stack, up to 5 stacks max.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • vingarmo
    vingarmo
    ✭✭✭
    I like the approach to make 2-4 piece bonuses useful for both magicka and stamina opening more opportunities for theory crafting. Yet Grisly Gourmet feels a bit off in that regard, with its second and fifth piece set bonuses granting max stamina and not max stam+max mag therefore making it less useful for magicka builds. I would suggest adding max magicka bonus to it or changing it to different stat (critical chance, weapon and spell damage, offensive penetration).
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rush of Agony – Medium
    2 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    3 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    4 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    5 – When you deal direct damage with a Blink, Charge, Leap, Teleport, or Pull ability, pull enemies within 10 meters to you. After 2 seconds, deal Physical Damage to all enemies within 7 meters. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage. The pull will not apply Crowd Control Immunity to a target.

Dark Convergence – Light
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    4 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    5 – Casting abilities that leave an effect on the ground will create an area that applies a 30% snare and pulls enemies every 2 seconds after a 0.5 second delay, and stun them for 1 seconds. After 4 seconds, the area deals Magic Damage to all enemies in the area, and additional Magic Damage to enemies within 3 meters of the center, increasing the damage by 10% for each target. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damag

These 2 sets are going to an issue.

Dark Convergence for example on magcro harmony build is just auto pilot combo with this set. Also extremely strong on Magden and probably other classes as well. In some ways this set is more versatile and more dangerous than VD.

Same deal with Rush of Agony for stamina.

With these 2 in the game we will all feel like we are in a pinball machine.
    Keep an close eye on these 2.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrothgar’s Chill:

5 – Stunning or Immobilizing your enemy causes them to burst with frost magic, applying the Chilled status effect and dealing 26% of their total Physical and Spell Resistance as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.

Imho this sets is way too strong and should be adjusted.

Simple example:

Average Armour in PvP nowadays is something around 15 - 20K

So if a Player has 20K physical & 20K spell resistance, that is 40K combined. 26% is 10400 AOE dmg, just for a stun or using ranged CC skill like Bombard. Even if you will apply new 55% battle spirit reduction, that is still 5720 dmg After applying dmg mitigation it will be something around 4K dmg. And that is on a "not-so" tanky target.

If a player has 33K resistance values gets even more ridiculous.

But the real issue is what this set is its scaling. Since this set scales with resistance of the target, but has AOE aspect, the ones who will be punished the most are less tanky, squishy players who just happens to be standing near.

In short: You won't be punished for being tanky, you will be punished for just standing next to someone who is tanky.

It is important to note that this set in its current state will do more dmg than skills used in PvP. It has a fixed 26% value and this is the main issue. It does not scale with your stats. It scales with stats of your target. This is an anomaly and kinda contradicts proc sets standards you have established. That proc sets should scale with your stats. This sets operates more like a glorified Oblivion DMG enchant with addition of AOE. Closest thing I think I can compare it to is "old" Sload (pre-nerf).

Also, just for comparison Knight Slayer set is weaker as this set deals 8% of an enemy's Maximum Health as oblivion dmg , with a cap of 8K. So even if some one has 40K health - it deals 3.2K.

I would suggest lowering 26% to something more reasonable. But even then, we run into an issue that this set does not scale with your stats. So I would suggest to maybe make the % to be dependent on your weapon / spell dmg somehow. Otherwise this set will allow for broken builds to exists.
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hrothgar’s Chill:

5 – Stunning or Immobilizing your enemy causes them to burst with frost magic, applying the Chilled status effect and dealing 26% of their total Physical and Spell Resistance as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.

Simple example:

So if a Player has 20K physical & 20K spell resistance, that is 40K combined. 26% is 10400 AOE dmg, just for a stun or using ranged CC skill like Bombard. Even if you will apply new 55% battle spirit reduction, that is still 5720 dmg After applying dmg mitigation it will be something around 4K dmg. And that is on a "not-so" tanky target.

But the real issue is what this set is its scaling. Since this set scales with resistance of the target, but has AOE aspect, the ones who will be punished the most are less tanky, squishy players who just happens to be standing near.

In short: You won't be punished for being tanky, you will be punished for just standing next to someone who is tanky.

It is important to note that this set in its current state will do more dmg than skills used in PvP. It has a fixed 26% value and this is the main issue. It does not scale with your stats. It scales with stats of your target. This is an anomaly and kinda contradicts proc sets standards you have established. That proc sets should scale with your stats. This sets operates more like a glorified Oblivion DMG enchant with addition of AOE. Closest thing I think I can compare it to is "old" Sload (pre-nerf).

Also, just for comparison Knight Slayer set is weaker as this set deals 8% of an enemy's Maximum Health as oblivion dmg , with a cap of 8K. So even if some one has 40K health - it deals 3.2K.

I would suggest lowering 26% to something more reasonable. But even then, we run into an issue that this set does not scale with your stats. So I would suggest to maybe make the % to be dependent on your weapon / spell dmg somehow. Otherwise this set will allow for broken builds to exists.

Not a pvper but I do my bgs and the events and what I notice is unkillable tanks seem to be a big issue. I suck at pvp and I was able to make an unkillable healer for bgs that can tank a noobish enemy team with transmute and pariah. And I notice the forums mention these tanks quite frequently as well as ball groups and people are afraid of boosing the BS damage reduction and the new on demand major protection...so a set that specifically targets those problems but is less useful outside of that niche should be good yes? If your house is on fire do you complain that the fire hose is OP?
    Edited by Excelsus on July 13, 2021 2:28PM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrothgar’s Chill:

Simple example:

Its funny you say that, because I tested this set and the average tooltip I got in 1v1 pvp, was around 3k. Sure, it can perhaps have higher toot tips vs tanks, but tanks will also mitigate more of the damage. Oblivion damage however, is always the same and cannot be mitigated. Sure, Hrothgar’s is more versatile when it comes to proc condition and also got AOE potential but Knight Slayer has no CD attached. So overall I would say that Knight Slayer is the better tank killer while Hrothgar’s is the more all around option. I don't think set is OP at all, not even sure it will be used much.
    Edited by Lughlongarm on July 13, 2021 3:43PM
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main problem with Hrothgar is the bolded part: "as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them"

Imagine a bombblade with balorg + vicious death + hrothgar: soul tether stunning a bunch of people and procing the aoe frost damage from all of them on everyone around with also proxy detonation going off... bombers paradise...
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    The main problem with Hrothgar is the bolded part: "as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them"

Imagine a bombblade with balorg + vicious death + hrothgar: soul tether stunning a bunch of people and procing the aoe frost damage from all of them on everyone around with also proxy detonation going off... bombers paradise...
    That is only one part of the problem with this set.

You can be a squishy bursty build in PvP and if you just happened to be standing next to some one who has 20 - 30K armour and that tank gets hit by this set - he takes same dmg as you do, because the dmg scales off with HIS resistance, not yours as he proced the AOE dmg. So the tank will survive, but squishy dude that stands near will be disintegrated on sight.

The other part is "fixed" 26% that scales with non of your stats. This means that 40K health tank using this set will deal same dmg to other tank as squishy glass cannon build. It contradicts standards that ZOS established for all dmg dealing & healing proc sets.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 13, 2021 5:01PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hrothgar’s Chill:

Simple example:

This is a false-alarm based upon a tooltip until it's actually tested in-game.

You're quoting the tooltip BEFORE Battle Spirit and any type of player mitigation. In real PvP, as someone posted below, that value is getting chopped down to basically nothing - 3k average damage per 7 seconds.

The set also reads to me that the cooldown is on the set and not per target. So, if that is true, you can do this precisely once every 7 seconds and it does not scale with the number of targets in the area.

Also, I keep reading "If you just happen to be standing next to..."... don't stack! It's as simple as that - same as with avoiding a bomb. It's just PvP best practices not to clump up... unless you're also in a ball group.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revealing Flare - This should be minor protection. Not major.

Major should remain reserved for ultimates, monster sets (pirate even has a negative penalty to it), and mythics (with a negative penalty).
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrothgar’s Chill:

Simple example:

You're quoting the tooltip BEFORE Battle Spirit and any type of player mitigation. In real PvP, as someone posted below, that value is getting chopped down to basically nothing - 3k average damage per 7 seconds.

The set also reads to me that the cooldown is on the set and not per target. So, if that is true, you can do this precisely once every 7 seconds and it does not scale with the number of targets in the area.

Also, I keep reading "If you just happen to be standing next to..."... don't stack! It's as simple as that - same as with avoiding a bomb. It's just PvP best practices not to clump up... unless you're also in a ball group.

Ya, global CD of 7 sec regardless to number of targets. Around 3k procs in PvP.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

Major should remain reserved for ultimates, monster sets (pirate even has a negative penalty to it), and mythics (with a negative penalty).

Major Protection (10% mitigation) is pretty close to the old form of Minor Protection (8% mitigation). It’s not like the skill is giving 30% mitigation, and 5% would be pretty weak.

Compare it to similar offensive skills, both Inner Light or Camo Hunter give around 10% damage increase for slotting (assuming the Major Prophecy/Savagery is needed). Why shouldn’t the defensive equivalent slottable/reveal counter this?
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hrothgar’s Chill:

Simple example:

We do this every patch. If x >= 1 must be op. No testing needed. No adapting required. Its just op. Please nerf. Hard counters are GOOD for the game. See shieldbreaker. They help control errant variables like ball groups and immortal tanks. Plus it will be fun watching bulky stamwardens try to kill each other with this set. I think it falls short since a large source of damage mitigation isnt armor value but percent reductions from minor major protection, skills like spirit guardian, etc.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

I have to disagree with you bc no one really runs this in any groups bc of the insane cost and very little you get from it. Such as mage light you get the mana boost and that broken stun resists. So this change should stay how it is, ive been running this skill for years without anyone even batting an eye bc it's that underwhelming. At least give it a chance before calling nerfs.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrothgar’s Chill:

Simple example:

3K AOE to multiple players every 7 seconds is still pretty high if you consider that it does not scale with any of your stats and hits 30K+ resistance players for 4 - 5K. Only thing that can actually hit that hard is Oblivion dmg, but oblivion dmg is single target, not an AOE.

Anyway, it is weird and kinda sad that you all assumed that I did not tested it myself... because I did tested it. I got around 4K dmg, but I guess it may be different depending on resistances.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 13, 2021 7:10PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mandate: spread out
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excelsus wrote: »
    Hrothgar’s Chill:

Simple example:

We do this every patch. If x >= 1 must be op. No testing needed. No adapting required. Its just op. Please nerf. Hard counters are GOOD for the game. See shieldbreaker. They help control errant variables like ball groups and immortal tanks. Plus it will be fun watching bulky stamwardens try to kill each other with this set. I think it falls short since a large source of damage mitigation isnt armor value but percent reductions from minor major protection, skills like spirit guardian, etc.

I think stamdens will prefer "Rush of Agony" to co
    Hrothgar’s Chill:

Simple example:

3K AOE to multiple players every 7 seconds is still pretty high if you consider that it does not scale with any of your stats and hits 30K+ resistance players for 4 - 5K. Only thing that can actually hit that hard is Oblivion dmg, but oblivion dmg is single target, not an AOE.

Anyway, it is weird and kinda sad that you all assumed that I did not tested it myself... because I did tested it. I got around 4K dmg, but I guess it may be different depending on resistances.

I agree, this set is good, You can definitely get it to 4k+and yet I just don't see it breaking the game. I think we have many other sets with competitive damage. Yes you can be tanky with this set and have solid tooltip, but this set alone is not killing anything in the upcoming patch.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is the entire point.
  • Eiregirl
    Eiregirl
    ✭✭✭
    Scorion’s Feast
    3 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    5 – When you deal damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, you gain an Imbued Aura for 10 seconds, granting you and up to 3 other group members 307 Magicka and Stamina Recovery. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds. If you deal damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack with an Imbued Aura active, consume it and gain an Overflow Aura for 10 seconds, granting you and up to 3 other group members 307 Weapon and Spell Damage.

Thunder Caller
    2 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    5 – Dealing damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack calls a bolt of lightning at your target, dealing Shock Damage and leaving a 4 meter lightning crater at their location for 6 seconds, dealing Shock Damage per second to enemies touching the crater. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds and scales off of the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.

I was hoping one or both of these two sets would be at least on par with or could replace some of the other heavy attack sets in the game but neither measured up to the task. Both of these sets perform fairly equal with each other but do not perform as well as current fully-charged heavy attack sets such noble duelist, undaunted infiltrator, undaunted unweaver not even when only using a heavy attack rotation with no light attack weaving.

Undaunted unweaver performed ~3k dps better. That was a shock.
    Noble duelist was 4.1K dps better but you have to stay in close to the target.
    Undaunted infiltrator was 8k dps better.

Scorion’s however does affect 3 other group members while none of the other sets tested will do that. I was testing on the Iron atro dummy by myself so I don’t know how great the increase in group damage would be.

Both of these sets might gain the interest of heavy attackers and those that would rather use a heavy attack rotation instead of weaving light attacks but even then any combination of Mother’s sorrow, infallible mage, noble duelist, medusa, undaunted infiltrator would perform better than any of those with Scorion’s or Thunder.

Suggestions:
    Scorion's - Make the effect occur once every 15 sec and increase the weapon and spell damage by roughly 350 instead of 307.
    Thunder caller - Make the effect occur once every 10 seconds and the weapon and spell damage scale a little higher.
    Bring both of these sets more in line with other good heavy attack dungeon sets.

I would be interested to know if others have tested these sets and found similar or even different results.

edit - for the test I was using a high elf sorc
    edit 2 - added some suggestions
    Edited by Eiregirl on July 20, 2021 7:19PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prior Thierric – Monster Mask

1 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    2 – Dealing direct damage with an Area of Effect ability creates a 6 meter shadowy whirlwind below your enemy for 7 seconds. Enemies within the whirlwind take Physical Damage each second and increase their damage taken from your area of effect abilities by 5%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

This set is quite under-tuned at the moment (especially for vDLC dungeon helm). I am also not entirely sure what the niche is that this set is attempting to fill.

For a selfish damage set (which is how it is currently implemented) it is simply not worth using over other options. Most of the hardest-hitting abilities in PvE are single-target and the ~47% maximum possible uptime on the effect is just far too low. Further, the AoE effect is static, which strikes it from seeing use in PvP as well as any mobile fight in PvE. As for the added Physical Damage, it is just flavor for PvE and completely irrelevant to PvP.

Suggested Changes: Make this a group buff set - like Encratis' Behemoth but for AoE damage. Give it a 100% max theoretical uptime (e.g. effect duration and cooldown both of 15 seconds) and allow the increased AoE damage taken to apply to all group members' AoE abilities. Tuned at 5% AoE damage taken, it is still likely less powerful than Encratis' effect (e.g. lower "cleave," static location, most damage being single-target, etc.) but it would be a useful contributor to group damage and it would justify a slot in any organized PvE raid.
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eiregirl wrote: »
    Scorion’s Feast
    3 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    5 – When you deal damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, you gain an Imbued Aura for 10 seconds, granting you and up to 3 other group members 307 Magicka and Stamina Recovery. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds. If you deal damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack with an Imbued Aura active, consume it and gain an Overflow Aura for 10 seconds, granting you and up to 3 other group members 307 Weapon and Spell Damage.

Thunder Caller
    2 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    5 – Dealing damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack calls a bolt of lightning at your target, dealing Shock Damage and leaving a 4 meter lightning crater at their location for 6 seconds, dealing Shock Damage per second to enemies touching the crater. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds and scales off of the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.

I was hoping one or both of these two sets would be at least on par with or could replace some of the other heavy attack sets in the game but neither measured up to the task. Both of these sets perform fairly equal with each other but do not perform as well as current fully-charged heavy attack sets such noble duelist, undaunted infiltrator, undaunted unweaver not even when only using a heavy attack rotation with no light attack weaving.

Undaunted unweaver performed ~3k dps better. That was a shock.
    Noble duelist was 4.1K dps better but you have to stay in close to the target.
    Undaunted infiltrator was 8k dps better.

Scorion’s however does affect 3 other group members while none of the other sets tested will do that. I was testing on the Iron atro dummy by myself so I don’t know how great the increase in group damage would be.

Both of these sets might gain the interest of heavy attackers and those that would rather use a heavy attack rotation instead of weaving light attacks but even then any combination of Mother’s sorrow, infallible mage, noble duelist, medusa, undaunted infiltrator would perform better than any of those with Scorion’s or Thunder.

I would be interested to know if others have tested these sets and found similar or even different results.

edit - for the test I was using a high elf sorc

I agree. Particularly with thunder caller. Sorc has always been the new player friendly class imo particularly with its heavy attack builds. Perhaps adding a bonus to heavy attack or shock damage would help it be competitive and add a bit of flavor to niche heavy attack builds. New sets should not be objectively inferior to similar, easily accessed options. Should at least be on par.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the new item sets in Update 31. Please try out the new item sets and let us know what you think! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Which of the new item sets did you try out, and what did you think of them?
    • Did anything you received feel under or over-powered?
    • Would you include any of the new item sets in any of your current builds?
    • Do you have any general feedback?

Thunder caller is one of the best looking sets I have every seen in the game so far in terms of visual effect and proc, I will definatly try to include ony sorc build as it just give lightning vibes to me.

I however feel sad to see the it proc from heavy attacks, as it should have been something else other than that as heavy attacks are used for resource return and should not enable burst or what is the point of light attacks.

Since the set is lighting based theme, it should have a condition that relate to lightning like if you apply a concsioun on your target, you summon a bolt of lighting....etc. concsioun status effect is exclusive to lightning and no set in the game has ever utilized this set, even illambris require a simple lightning attack to proc. Sorc based set, once in a blue moon, please make it happen. No more heavy attacks procs.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thunder Caller: Fixed an issue where the Damage over Time from this set took 2 seconds to deal damage after the initial hit, rather than 1.

please change the proc condition. don't let it be heavy attack.