The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crashing to Windows after trying to login.

MikeLander
MikeLander
✭✭
Hey all, is anyone else experiencing this? I've tried the following to fix it and nothing has worked so far.
- Windows Update
- Graphic Card (RTX2070) is up to date.
- Repairing the game launcher.
- Removed all addons.
- Turned all my settings down to low.
- Reinstalled.

b2kwpmuc68dm.png

Not sure what else to do. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Edited by MikeLander on July 8, 2021 1:34AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MikeLander

Would you be ble to post your system specifications, such as the CPU of your system?

This information can be found by creating a DxDiag report.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MikeLander
    MikeLander
    ✭✭
    Thank you for responding. Just a FYI, I was able to login over this past weekend.

i7rjx58wmgnq.png

hhnpw4fs6rf7.png

Kindly let me know if you require any further information.

Thanks, again.
  • MikeLander
    MikeLander
    ✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_BillE

Any luck on a fix for this issue? I am a ESO Plus member and have not been able to log into the game since this past weekend. Please help find a fix.

I have currently cancelled my membership until this has been fixed. If you are unable to fix this issue, kindly refund my ESO plus membership for July.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks.

• ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @MikeLander

Please be sure to submit a ticket with us regarding this issue at help.elderscrollsonline.com if you haven't done so already.

If you already have an open ticket, we would be happy to check on its status for you if you could provide the ticket number!
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Yukon2112
    Yukon2112
    ✭✭✭
    This might not fix your issue but sonic radar 3 updated this morning on my pc then I went to open eso and it would crash to desk top. I tried all the things you mentioned and got the same results. I looked for programs that just updated and uninstalled sonic radar 3 and the other sonic program and that fixed my crashing.
  • MikeLander
    MikeLander
    ✭✭
    @Yukon2112 , Thank you. I've searched my machine and I don't see Sonic Radar 3 installed.

I appreciate your response.

@ZOS_Adrikoth , thank you. I'll reach out today. Hopefully we can get this resolved. I really enjoy this game and it would be a shame if I couldn't get it running again.

Again thank you all (@ZOS_BillE , @yukon2112 & @ZOS_Adrikoth) for looking at this and trying to help.
  • MikeLander
    MikeLander
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth , @ZOS_BillE

I've made a ticket for this issue. (Ticket Number: 210710-003971).

Patiently waiting a fix to this issue.

Thanks
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MikeLander

Thank you for providing the ticket number. We can confirm it was submitted correctly and should receive a response shortly.
    Staff Post
  • MikeLander
    MikeLander
    ✭✭
    Good day @ZOS_BillE , @ZOS_Adrikoth ,

I have not heard from anyone on this issue. Still can't log in and no one has reached out to offer any customer support. Really disappointing. It has been a full 14 days since I made a ticket and I have not been able to log into the game since the first week of July.

Please contact me so we can have this issue resolved.

I have to say that I have spend a fair amount of money playing this game (which I love) and I am completely disillusioned by this lack of customer support. It started out great, but as soon as a ticket was created, my issues seems to be forgotten.

All I ask is for this issue to be looked after. I kindly ask again that someone please fix this issue and contact me.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @MikeLander

Our records indicate that a reply with some troubleshooting steps was sent on the 12th of July.

Please be sure to check your spam folder to ensure that this email wasn't lost. Replying to this latest email should re-open the ticket if the troubleshooting provided does not resolve the issue.
    Staff Post
  • shaxigamingeb17_ESO
    MikeLander wrote: »
    Good day @ZOS_BillE , @ZOS_Adrikoth ,

I have not heard from anyone on this issue. Still can't log in and no one has reached out to offer any customer support. Really disappointing. It has been a full 14 days since I made a ticket and I have not been able to log into the game since the first week of July.

Please contact me so we can have this issue resolved.

I have to say that I have spend a fair amount of money playing this game (which I love) and I am completely disillusioned by this lack of customer support. It started out great, but as soon as a ticket was created, my issues seems to be forgotten.

All I ask is for this issue to be looked after. I kindly ask again that someone please fix this issue and contact me.

Damn you've had to wait for a long time to be told to try with add-ons disabled, which never changes much of anything.
  • MikeLander
    MikeLander
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth ,

Thank you for your quick response. It was in my junk mail, Thank you.

Unfortunately, the customer support person assumed that it was crashing to a black screen. Which is not the case and is clearly identified in this thread. (which I linked in the ticket).

Pretty much told me to everything I had already done... clearly a quick go to response without properly taking the time to read my ticket or this thread.

I replied to the email in haste and frustration, for this I am sorry. But, getting a standard response that can be found in support lookup is just lazy, especially when my issue is clearly not found in the support section.

So I ask again, is there anything that can be done to fix this issue?

I can tell you I only have so much fight left in me before I just throw my hands in the air and completely walk away from this game. I really don't want this to happen.

I just checked my email and I have received a response, I notice that the ticket status has been "closed as Duplicate". Do I have to open a new ticket?
    Edited by MikeLander on July 25, 2021 1:19PM
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @MikeLander, we took another look at your ticket and it is still open and awaiting your response. Please reply to the most recent email from support to update your ticket so we can further assist you.
    Staff Post
  • MikeLander
    MikeLander
    ✭✭
    Good morning @ZOS_Chiroptera ,

I did and this was the response. So what do I do now?

fg0lnp3x6pjx.png

• ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    In that case, please use the support portal to access your ticket and respond.
    Edited by ZOS_Chiroptera on July 25, 2021 1:04PM
    Staff Post
  • MikeLander
    MikeLander
    ✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_Chiroptera

I'm in the ticket and this is what I see.

abs98j4lis04.png

What now?

• JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeLander, I had a similar issue a few months back with ESO and Generation Zero. I don't know if your problem is similar but here is what I discovered was my issue and the story as well.

I had a Asus Prime 370 MB with a 1800X CPU and 32 Gig of 3200 RAM installed along with two 1080 Ti's in SLI mode.

The crashes started happening more and more and I blamed the games. I could play every game in my Steam Library except ESO and Gen Zero. It was really frustrating.

Turned out to be the power supply to my video cards. Or I should say it was the cables to my video cards. Everything was nice and tight on both ends but something happened to the cables over time. So at first I pulled the 1000 Wattt Gold PSU and replaced it with another 1000 Watt Gold PSU (both PSU's were tested with this https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Automated-Supply-Oversized-Supplies/dp/B005F778JO/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=PSU+Tester&qid=1627219225&sr=8-4)
    Both PSU's tested SAT. With a different PSU it still crashed. Pulled off all four power cables (one for each plug on two cards) and replaced them with new cables (all EVGA. Make sure if you do this that you use the same manufacturers power cables because they are not the same from manufacturer to manufacturer of PSUs). Voila! That was it. No kidding.

Not one single crash since and I think it's been about four or five months. Gen Zero works perfectly now as does ESO.

Oh, you may want to update the BIOS in your MB if you haven't done so. I doubt that is the issue but ya never know these days. And don't forget Chipset drivers as well.

Good luck!
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hello again, please see your inbox for an update on your ticket.
    Staff Post
  • MikeLander
    MikeLander
    ✭✭
    @JanTanhide ,

Thank you for your response. This is the only game that does not function and ESO has only crashed a handful of times for me in the past. Everything I've played in my Steam library works fine, I've tested a number of games, from Civilization VI to Baldur's Gate 3 and even Amazon's New World Beta. All works brilliantly.

But, I'll go ahead and try to update the bios.

Thanks!
  • MikeLander
    MikeLander
    ✭✭
    @JanTanhide , updating the bios fixed the issue. Thank you for your help.

@ZOS_Chiroptera please close out the ticket on your end. JanTanhide suggestion of updating the bios has fixed the issue.

Thanks,

• JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noice! Hope it never crashes again. Take care!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the update that a BIOS update resolved the crashing. With the issue resolved, we will now close this thread.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.