The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Launcher keeps causing MS Visual C++ Redistributable permission to pop up

whitecrow
whitecrow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since the small patch a day or two ago, every time I start the ESO launcher from Steam it asks me if I want to allow Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable to make changes. I said yes the first time and rebooted, but it keeps asking me every time I start it.

What can I do?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 5, 2021 5:30PM
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm getting it too since yesterday, and still today. I felt no desire to install it through the ESO launcher.
    PC NA
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh I wondered what this was....
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems to have stopped doing this.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still happened for me today.
    PC NA
  • Sambucca1973
    Sambucca1973
    ✭✭✭
    Check Windows Update. The same thing happened to me with the Launcher and I let it install. Decided to check WU, because it was weird coming from ZOS. Sure enough, there were two updates for Visual C. Has not happened since.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I have is a feature update.
    PC NA
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh thank goodness it's not just me! I mean, no this is bad! The situation is not good, but I'm not alone in the boat now!
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check Windows Update. The same thing happened to me with the Launcher and I let it install. Decided to check WU, because it was weird coming from ZOS. Sure enough, there were two updates for Visual C. Has not happened since.

I did that immediately but I have no updates left. I checked all Microsoft updates, made sure all Microsoft products would be updated, nothing left. I still have the C++ bit.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there are multiple threads regarding issues with the Launcher and a UAC prompt, we are going to close this thread. The discussion below has information on why this behavior is happening on some PC's with ESO installed.

running the launcher triggered a WIndows UAC popup
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.