The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BUG: Xbox Party Chat is now captured by the game and broadcast to local area chat by default

lasseb16_ESO4
Steps to reproduce:

1. Log out of the game to character selection
2. Join an Xbox voice chat party, you can be the only participant if you'd like
3. Log back into the game
4. Unmute the microphone on your headset if physically muted
5. Speak into your microphone

Notice that the in-game indicator of voice activity pops up in the corner, indicating that the game is now capturing your voice.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 17, 2021 5:42PM
  • lasseb16_ESO4
    If you also enable the xbox voice party indicator, you'll see that both indicators show at the same time. There seem to be some "voice activation threshold" setting in ESO though, as if you speak with a low volume, only the Xbox indicator shows, but if you speak loud enough, both indicators shows every time.
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's putting random people in chat, purple, as if they are in a guild chat with you, but I am not in any guild chat, not are the players in any of my guilds! This is insane! Random voices for no known reason...and non am not in a group or in zone or area chat.
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV