Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Balance the Campaigns!!!

Sagetim
Sagetim
✭✭✭
Only speaking from the Xbox said because I'm not PC or PS.
Back in the day locking the campaign needed to be locked because there was a lot of players in the game and some would Q for one alliance then switch alliances real quick to lock the Q up on other alliances. Now of days once you pick the alliance you are locked into that alliance the whole month. The problem is guilds/friends are rotating alliance every month setting an imbalance to and alliance in PVP almost every month as of late. Then you have to wait a whole month to see if will balance out for the next month. DLC makes this far more noticeable but the imbalance has been around for sometime now.

I'm still for the Locking of alliance but feel that the Campaigns needs to have a floating lock on how many people, can be on one alliance, at one time, during the game. With one alliance never exceeding more then 25-50 players (after 1 bar) more then the other side. This might make other campaigns more active but would help keep the main campaign viable and more competitive.

Going into the main Campaign and seeing one alliance has everything on the map and has a full 3 bar alliance to both 1 bar of the other alliance makes people not even want to be in Cyrodiil. There has to be a way to balance Campaigns better so month after month there's more far game-play. As of late the unbalanced alliance in the main campaign has been more noticeable.
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be a individual in game "punishment" for faction stacking. And the best way to do it is to tax AP for area owned beyond your home keeps. This would force players to choose campaign points vs AP farming.

Faction stacking is a very serious problem, as there's no reason to not stack in the current system. You are rewarded for steamrolling the opposition with AP and monthly prizes. Like a football team buying up the best free agents to win that superbowl its simply logical to stack on the winning team... you dont want to be a loser do you?

So you get to the point where month after month one team is winning by huge margins and the other teams simply log off or worse, swap factions. And it doesn't matter of a guild or two changes factions cause everyone will just follow.

This has killed cyrodil for me and likely many others. I get my 50 cyrstals and go play other parts of the game now, pvp being completely unbalanced.

The only real way to fix the faction stack is to hit them in their AP grind. If a faction owns 80% of the map, they should be getting 20% of the AP not bonus AP as they are now. Likewise factions that constantly struggle to get out of the home keeps need to recieve an AP bonus to encourage the underdogs to keep fighting even of the campaign is a losing battle.

Sadly I think it's too late to really save cyrodil. The mechanics of farming AP favor the steamroller. Owning the entire map nets bonuses, so there's no reason not to join them in the spoils.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    This thread has been closed as a dupe to another thread found here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.