The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blackwood going to be worst ever ESO Add-On Release ?

Mahabahabtha
Mahabahabtha
✭✭✭✭✭
Looking at the numbers in this poll:

etqa85it.jpg

i would like to ask, is Black"wot" the badest Launch of an Add-On ever in ESO History or do you think others had failed to deliver before? If, than wich:

Edited by Mahabahabtha on May 29, 2021 6:48PM
"In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."

Blackwood going to be worst ever ESO Add-On Release ? 39 votes

Morrowind
2%
Cireous 1 vote
Summersend
7%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOdaniel.13b16_ESOWiseSky 3 votes
Elsweyr
5%
Tommy_The_GunCharliff1966 2 votes
Greymoor
51%
MahabahabthaElsonsoOhtimbarGreenseaChickenSuckerAVaelhamInval1dSjuAshyachuDanel_VadancolossalvoidsAertewGreystagKMarbleMoejoeSylaeSuna_Ye_SunnabeaurorableLady_GaladhielKrumz 20 votes
Blackwood
33%
BlueRavenAldia_of_DrangleicBalticBluesSeminolegirl1992Electrone_MagnusTelvanniWizardtodoketejoergingerKalle_Demoshackdrag0nLoneStar2911MageCatF4FHyekAr 13 votes
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summersend
    Must the worst one since they can't even spell it correctly.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

The wind from morrow send the summer to elsweyr, where the grey moor borders on the black wood

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greymoor
    Feature-vise - yeah, at least for me personally. I've joined right after Vvardenfell so wasn't witness to huge exodus that took place there and played with what I already had. Summerset was really good as I remember, probably the most hyped one (along with elsweyr?) as there was not only insanely well done zone but a lot of combat changes that were making sense and were desirable. Elsweyr was okay but a lot of playability problems emerged right after and questionable combat decision started soon after. Greymoor was poor one tbh, if not Skyrim nostalgia it would be really bad probably. Can't remember any hype about it really, same as this chapter.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A poll about a poll?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be what it will be, oh master of prerelease hype not-hype.

Not bought it but I will. I never prebuy releases.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously, some people use to fill the 3 days until launch to think of polls xD (should go into category "other") ;-)
    PC/EU
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greymoor
    Nestor wrote: »
    A poll about a poll?

Not a poll about a poll, just indicating that 50% of poll+participants don´t like Blackwood or does not bought it yet and asking if you feel so, too OR do you think others had failed worser before...
    WiseSky wrote: »

AND excuse me to call Summerset Summersend...don´t know what had ridden me there....maybe, despite the lack of an "awesome" Boss, it has jewelry AND another Skill-line in it, for me it was the best AddOn released till now.
    So in my freudian brain it marks the End of Summer.... ;)

Edited by Mahabahabtha on May 29, 2021 7:24PM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This poll would only make sense if we had the same poll "3 days... are you excited about the realease..." for every other chapter and could compare them.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackwood
    For me, it’s not that the content is bad for Blackwood, it’s just the combat changes are bringing me way down.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love how people who knows nothing about statistics tries to "prove" stuff by making utterly meaningless, not to mention misleading, polls.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    A poll about a poll?

Not a poll about a poll, just indicating that 50% of poll+participants don´t like Blackwood or does not bought it yet and asking if you feel so, too OR do you think others had failed worser before...

AND excuse me to call Summerset Summersend...don´t know what had ridden me there....maybe, despite the lack of an "awesome" Boss, it has jewelry AND another Skill-line in it, for me it was the best AddOn released till now.
    So in my freudian brain it marks the End of Summer.... ;)

Yeah lets break this down. 50% of the poll participants, which consists solely of people who do not only read the forum but have bothered to either activate their original invite or bugged support about getting another. So a small subsection of an already small subsection of the player base. And the forum subsection of the player base isn't even remotely representative to start with.

So I really don't know what this poll, or the other one for that matter, was intended to show. I mean, if they were made for *** ad giggles then by all means have at it. But it shows less than nothing and you can draw absolutely zero conclusions from it and my inner academic is having a meltdown at this misuse of the statistical field.
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greymoor

RedMuse wrote: »
    So I really don't know what this poll, or the other one for that matter, was intended to show. I mean, if they were made for *** .

So why bother ?

If you have nothing to contribute, try to sit on your hands !

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🙄
    PCNA
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am leery of all addons in ESO because experience has shown me that each one invariably makes my character weaker.

I adore some of the relatively recent quality of life improvements such as jewelry crafting, outfits, stickerbook, added convenience to doing writs/managing inventory, and the addition of more stat info (like penetration).

For Blackwood, I am looking forward to the nostalgia of the Leyawiin area and the addition of companions. I am reserving my overall opinion though until I can evaluate the impact of the chapter upon my character's combat performance.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this thread not being the most constructive topic and derailing with flaming, we're going to go ahead and close it down. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful with the Forum Rules in mind to avoid thread derailment or action on your forums account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.