Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Key Binds Reset When Logging On/Off Between Characters

Dreadwar
Dreadwar
✭✭
I have a issue with keybinds not saving for one character on my account. The keybinds save in game and when I log off and exit. (Normal right?) When I log into any other character on the same account my original keybinds I set are active and work without issue. The issue is when I attempt to log into my one character, the key binds for that original character automatically reset to default. I am never prompted for a change nor do I initiate one. Very frustrating as this is my main.
For additional info if this helps with trouble shooting the character with the keybind issue is an original PRE-One Tamriel character that slogged through all the VR ranks etc. My other characters on the account were all started after the One Tamriel consolidation. ESO folders are run as admin and read only off.

Help Requested Please!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 28, 2022 8:03PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Dreadwar

ESO keybindings are saved server-side and should persist from one location to the next. If your keybindings fail to save for any reason, we recommend resetting all bindings back to their default.

From the key bindings menu, we recommend resetting both Keyboard and Gamepad defaults.
    • Select R to load keyboard defaults
    • Select F to load gamepad defaults
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dreadwar
    Dreadwar
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE,

I have reset the keyboard defaults as you recommended. I then logged out and logged back in and went ahead and started rebinding the keys to my preferences. I then logged out and closed the launcher. I then started up the game logged into that same character and all my keybinds were back to default settings. How is this even possible if they keybinds are stored on server side?

Again l am looking for assistance with this issue.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Dreadwar

Thank you for the update on the key bindings getting reset. Since the suggested troubleshooting step did not help, we recommend now starting a ticket with customer support.
    Staff Post
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    almost a year later and i just had my bindings reset to default , Why ??????
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is nearly three years old, we've decided to close the thread. If you need further help, please feel free to start a new thread in the PC Support forum.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.