The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Everything in game suddenly got a lot smaller.

NSatin
NSatin
✭✭
Hi,

Yesterday, while playing, everything in the game suddenly became smaller, akin to what the ESO launcher is like. As far as I know I didn't change anything, either within ESO or the PC itself. I've done some Googling and all I could find pertained to the launcher, not in game. I mean, stuff is tiny. I can't read anything and playing it is actually kind of disorienting. I've tried Windowed mode, Windowed mode (Fullscreen), and Fullscreen. I've tried changing the resolution. Not sure what I should try next.

Anyone else encountered something like this before? Anyone have suggestions to troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advance!

** Edit **

Turns out I had to use my Xbox controller and in my settings --> video --> turn "custom scale" on. I guess only going through the settings with keyboard and mouse wasn't working, as the problem only resolved when I did it using the controller 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the help, everyone!
Edited by NSatin on May 7, 2021 12:03PM
  • NSatin
    NSatin
    ✭✭
    Quick clarification:

When I say everything got a lot smaller, it's like the game is trying to fit as much as possible on the screen at once, and therefore the scale has drastically changed.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you post a screenshot?
    idea.gif

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yeah... I wanna see a screen shot of this.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed this on the PTS — has it already moved to the live servers? I can’t read anything anymore either on the PTS.
  • NSatin
    NSatin
    ✭✭
    Am I allowed to link a Google Photos URL? I take a video of what it looks like.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mqwc1Y8J4rbEfSB99
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks a lot like the interface scaling in the video settings. They are set correctly in the video, but this does not mean that everything is OK.

Try turning the Settings->Video->Interface "Use Custom Settings" to ON, then use "Custom Scale" to your liking. If that works, you can leave it alone, once you get the slider to where you like it.

You can also play with that a bit, turning it ON and OFF to see if it shakes something loose. It might be that something has fiddled with that setting behind the scenes, or the setting got corrupted, and just needs to be poked.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NSatin
    NSatin
    ✭✭
    Turns out I had to use my Xbox controller and in my settings --> video --> turn "custom scale" on. I guess only going through the settings with keyboard and mouse wasn't working, as the problem only resolved when I did it using the controller 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the help, everyone!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for posting the solution to your UI issue. With the issue now resolved, we are going to close the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.