The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I got a download patch error yesterday

madman65
madman65
✭✭✭✭
Was I suppose to get a patch? I`m on PC NA.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 2, 2021 6:54PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no game patch yesterday.

Occasionally I'll get a "patch manifest" error message, but AFAIK it generally means you're having some kind of temporary problem connecting to the game servers. If I get that error, closing and restarting the game usually helps, and if there's still a problem then rebooting the computer usually resolves it. If you get that message, it might suggest reinstalling or repairing the game, but usually that isn't necessary and it can take a long time, so it's best to just reboot and try again.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    K, thanks.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that was indeed the message you got-- "patch manifest"-- then you can read about it by searching the forums:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/search?Search=patch+manifest

As you can see from the search results, it's been happening since 2014, so it's not exactly unusual, although I wouldn't go so far as to call it "usual," either.

If it only happens on occasion, it's probably nothing to be worried about, especially if it goes away when you close and restart the game.

But if it starts to happen a lot, you might want to try some of the steps that ZOS has suggested for resolving it.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @madman65

If you continue to get any patching errors when starting ESO, please let us know the exact error message you are getting.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post