The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suddently can't launch the game anymore

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
I played this morning (EU time) - no problems.

Came back a few hours later, and now I cannot launch the game. The screen just goes black - permanently.

I've run a full repair of the game and checked the files for error via the launcher, but to no avail.

This has been ongoing for about 8 hours now, so figured I better report it here.

Best regards!
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you restarted your machine?

I suggest the restart first as pretty much every time I have received tech support they ask me to do that and it often remedies the issue. i am surprised the help article linked below does not include that as a first step.

Regardless, good luck.
    Edited by Amottica on April 24, 2021 4:51PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @Baphomet

Please be sure to try all of the steps in this article to see if they resolve this crashing issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen a week or so ago. Screen goes black and nada. No Mouse pointer, nothing. Cannot Ctrl-Alt-Del to End Task.

Nothing worked so had to hard reset the PC. Tried launching again with same results. Hard reset. Did the Repair and still black screen on third attempt.

Checked the SSD and all good. Finally said heck with it and uninstalled the game then DELETED any folders left for Zenimax just in case.

Full install to same SSD after creating a new ZOS folder. Worked. Has been working perfectly since. So IDK what caused it but that is what it took to get it working for me.

Good luck!
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth

I have now done all the steps in the link you refered to, but it didn't fix the issue, I'm afraid.

Do you have any other ideas for troubleshooting or am I facing a full re-install?

I still ponder how the game suddenly stops working within a few hours without me changing anything to my system and without the game itself having gone through an update.
    Edited by Baphomet on April 25, 2021 11:33AM
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth

I have now also done a complete re-install of the game, but it still doesn't work.

It still behaves like described in the OP.

Now I don't have any further ideas for troubleshooting - please help!
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Baphomet

Since a complete reinstall has not resolved your issue with the game crashing at launch, you should go ahead and begin a ticket with customer support for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_Adrikoth

It's been almost a week and a half since I submitted a ticket, reinstalled the game and asked for an account recovery, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

What's a guy to do?
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @Baphomet

If you could provide us with your ticket number we would be happy to check in on its status for you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, @ZOS_Adrikoth

I have three ticket submissions being processed, dating back to 20th Marts, but I have not received any response.

210419-004183 (mailbox not working)

210426-003586 (cannot log in)

210426-003964 (cannot log in)

I have also requested an account recovery, but I have received no confirmation whether this has been done. In any case, I still cannot log in.

Best regards,
    Baphomet
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Baphomet

Thank you for listing each ticket number. We've sent you a forum PM to further follow-up on these tickets.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post