The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Incessant "Rubberbanding-like" Lag

SmlFrySamuri
SmlFrySamuri
✭✭
Hi everyone,

NOTE: This is NOT the same as the bank / inventory lag introduced in the last patch, although it has made this long-standing issue worse.

So this has been an issue since Markarth released last year... my Xbox One X running on a SSD has an extremely hard time loading assets. Audio constantly cuts out (this is the first indicator that I am going to start lagging), images take a long time to load - such as when going to a crafting table or bar-swapping, and there is a lot of "rubberbanding"-like issues, where things stop happening and then all of a sudden the game rushes to catch up.

For example, it goes kind of like this: "Go to crafting table -> start crafting -> audio cuts out -> can continue to craft, but 30-60 seconds later all the audio that should've been playing comes flooding back in" or "Go to crafting table -> some inventory icons load, some don't -> audio cuts out -> can continue to craft -> 30-60 seconds later the rest of the inventory icons load and all sorts of audio effects that should've been playing come flooding in." Or "Spamming skill -> audio cuts out -> nothing seems to be happening -> 30-60 seconds later all the audio comes flooding back in, monsters start taking damage again, things go back to normal for a while".....

I have reinstalled the entire game, deleted save data ("everywhere"), reformatted my SSD, hard-reset the console, followed every troubleshooting step imaginable and nothing seems to help. Also, I know it is not an internet issue on my end because I have a 1 Gbps internet connection, my router is top-of-the-line, ports and everything are opened and forwarded properly, and this lag also occurs on any connection I use.

I was wondering if anyone else came across this issue and was able to resolve it, or if nothing else I hope this makes ZoS employees aware of this issue so that it can be fixed. It is seriously damaging the playability of this game to have these issues, and they seem to get worse and worse with every patch.

Thanks!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SmlFrySamuri

Thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting you've already tried. At this point we recommend opening a ticket with customer support so they can investigate this issue further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sable751
    Sable751
    ✭✭✭
    NA/PC

Started happening to me over the last couple of days. Arrive at a wayshrine, mount up gallop down the road, only to end up back at the wayshrine. Or travelling down a road and all of a sudden I'm back to where I was a few seconds earlier. And when I start a provisioning writ all the icons appear as white squares.
  • Sable751
    Sable751
    ✭✭✭
    ... oh, and also getting where I try to attack something, nothing happens for a few seconds as well. Its intermittent but it keeps happening.