The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

dragonknight melee immunity skill

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
lets give dk 3 seconds immunity on protective scales. i mean if 3 seconds of immunity is not OP on sorcs then its surely allright on DK.
DK right now could need a buff anyway.

dragonknight melee immunity skill 34 votes

Yes that would be very balanced
41%
NoctusRhaegar75Waylander07gamma71Sleep724AnyronAki-RalDreadDaedrothketsparrowhawknesakinterRaharScarkiiLightYagamiINe_Saninus 14 votes
No skills like that are unbalanced
58%
DTStormfoxSeptimus_MagnaactoshDrSlaughtrBrrrofskiFirstmepoXI_Viper_IXoHotdog_23universal_wrathWolfyRapstsaescishoeshinerHambootYandereGirlfriendLangestonpropertyOfUndefinedhartzfearIAmIcehouseTogalPattcehtIppokrates 20 votes
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK already has an ability that deals damage to melee combatants that hurt them.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're on a mission, aren't you?
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

affirmative. i believe if everyone feels the pain noone will be able to deny it. if the change rly would happen to dk can u imagine what the consequences for the meta would be ?
    Edited by Noctus on April 13, 2021 6:27PM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

we need full on 3 secs or more immunity. im talking about 0 dmg with even stun effects of melee dont work.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

affirmative. i believe if everyone feels the pain noone will be able to deny it. if the change rly would happen to dk can u imagine what the consequences for the meta would be ?

Depends on what your on about? If it's X% dmg reduction withou any kind of requirements on melee and ranged, not much would change for your opponent as all are affected, including other DKs. Wouldn't really change any of DKs weal points as I feel them being already more dangerous up close than ranged.

If it's only reduction on melee I think it becomes a bit more diffcult to predict. Stam is mostly melee but so are some mags... But it sure wouldn't alleviate the issue that DKs suffer from ranged attacks due to poor defense (then even more) and low mobility.

If it's full immunity while being able to go all out, so some kind of over the top shield ulti, as spammable skill, I don't think it would be in the same ballpark as BoL. The latter is an escape tool. Nearly no stam sorc could even touch you while using it. And I have seen nearly no magsorc using it for anything else than fleeing / reloading. But not as portable fortress, turning around + nuking.

What about a cost fatigue on wings then?
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    while we're at it lets give dk an invisibility cloak, warden a short range teleport, nightblade a way to take 50% less damage, and sorc resource return on casting an ulti

BoL isn't fine but neither is hyperbole
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is third thread on BoL.

*Yawn*
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

What about a cost fatigue on wings then?

the immunity is 3 secs the cost increase if recast before 4 secs. so there is no real fatigue.

also ive seen sorcs using bol as shield against other magicka users its a rly one sided fight if that happens.
  • Pattceht
    Pattceht
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs are super good a running away, don't chase them...Dks are strong enough in PvP from my perspective, yeh they're not wardens or necro but DK is fine up close against other classes. If you want to be faster do what the rest of us do and slot a major expedition skill or slot a gap closer? It's your choice.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both option still equate to your opinion...
    What's the point?

Dks also can't turn invisible should they have that? How about summon insects?

Wings and BOL have the same potential to mitigate as much damage. Wings mitigates 50% for 6 secs and BOL 100% for 3 secs. I'm not saying this is balanced, but you see the logic... Wings should maybe reflect back 50% of the damage for 3 secs making it a compromise of what it is and what it used to be. It would also need a ramping cost to balance this though...

I played magdk for 2 years before I played anything else, so I do understand your frustration. That said you are taking this to proposterous lengths to make a point. One thread was enough...
    Edited by relentless_turnip on April 14, 2021 1:04AM
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pattceht wrote: »
    Sorcs are super good a running away, don't chase them...

Sorry, this is a ridiculous argument. It's basically conceding that any fight with a Sorc will either end in a loss or a draw, which is pretty much exactly the problem I think the OP is trying to address (although, to be honest, I can't really tell what they actually want from this thread).
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This gave me flashbacks of the old DW skill 'sparks' which made melee attacks miss for 4 seconds (including magicka melee abilities like whip and concealed weapon).

How this game has changed :<

Edit: Templars also had a similar skill which got removed/reworked. Doubt it's coming back to dk xD
    Edited by Master_Kas on April 14, 2021 5:11AM
    EU | PC
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, where is 3 second melee damage immunity in sorc skilltree?
    If i think about it there Isn't even 3 second ranged damage immunity. (bol has 2sec btw)

• oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    MagDKs issue isnt close combat. Its mobility. Give protective plate major exp + snare removal
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDKs issue isnt close combat. Its mobility. Give protective plate major exp + snare removal
    Race against time
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back pre Elsweyr wings.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

As a long time MAGdk player, I don't think it's balanced.

Think about the skill of sorcerers, by simply standing next to them will hurt you.

DK Spike damage has already been nerfed to be only work for melee direct attacks.
    Edited by LightYagami on April 15, 2021 3:28AM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    Race against time

That's another slot on the skill bar. Magdks are very tight for slots already because most of their skills aren't multi-functional.

Giving the wings a bit speed buff or damage buff or protection will be nice. Just a bit... Not need to be double or triple.
    Edited by LightYagami on April 15, 2021 3:32AM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Immunity to melee dmg, thats insane. reduced dmg maybe.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand running a class that may be under performing in your experience that a) isn't true for everyone, and b) no class should have complete immunity from any attack.

DKs have the best armor passives and a great armor skill, plus shields, plus one of the best oh *** heals in the game.

Crystallized Slab or Shimmering Shield do perform better but my experience even in no proc is DPS wardens don't usually run it because of lack of bar space. I can't fit it on mine. And most of my characters are ranged so I'm constantly pew pewing wardens. It's usually only straight tanks that run it, imo.

BoL should be adjusted to be more like dk wings as it's currently too strong.

I love the dk wings as they are. Obviously they are weaker but they're still plenty strong enough to protect from ganks. No class should be able to cast a skill and have all damage ignored. Even Crystallized Slab puts a limit on how much it can absorb.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we forgeting an important information here? Bol is stationary and wing are on self while moving. The moment socerer sticks close to their BOL, they invite opponents for close combat. There is a reason why sorcerer always bolt alteast twice to make distance to benefit from BOL otherwise it is useless. Beside, old wings were broken as hell, because it made DK moving fortress, literly.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

BoL should be adjusted to be more like dk wings as it's currently too strong.

I love the dk wings as they are. Obviously they are weaker but they're still plenty strong enough to protect from ganks. No class should be able to cast a skill and have all damage ignored. Even Crystallized Slab puts a limit on how much it can absorb.

I'd rather see them approach to a middle ground. DKs don't suddenly rise up the food chain if we bring down BoL a bit.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

As there are already multiple threads open on this subject, we have decided to go ahead and close this one down. When engaging on the forums, we ask that members refrain from Spamming as it is non-constructive and against the Forum's Community Rules:
    Spamming: Please do not post spam on the official The Elder Scrolls Online forums. Below are a few examples of what we define as spamming:
    • Posting the same message more than once
    • Posting messages that are nonsensical or have no real content
    • Posting messages or images large enough to disrupt the normal flow of conversation
    • Reposting material that has been removed by a member of the ESO Team
    Also, please refrain from posting the same topic in multiple areas of the forum, or cross-posting in an attempt to gain further views or replies. This is considered spamming, and the duplicate threads will be removed.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.