The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bad lags and latency since latest patch (April 5)

jackdhy
jackdhy
✭✭
It's since monday I'm experiencing very bad lag and latency in the game, mostly about sound effects, but also npc interactions and in dungeons as well.
Just yesterday, I made almost half dungeon without even see enemies, before just drop the pledge and go away. Not to mention the several loading screens I encounter just walking through a city.
Now, I never had a good connection, but before the monday's maintenance everything worked just fine.. after that, the lag is basically unbearable. I lowered a lot of graphic settings and now at least I can play - almost - like before, but still.. why? Why suddendly everything lag so bad?
I'm on PC EU, still trying to figure out if it's the last patch to have brought such issues or - for coincidence - my connection sucks since monday, even if I didn't detect any kind of malfunctions in other things.

I've already repaired the game two times, flushed my DNS and wrote a ticket to the Support.
Someone has encountered similar issues or they know why are they happening?
Edited by ZOS_Chiroptera on April 11, 2021 3:24PM
  • Roukoru
    Roukoru
    ✭✭
    if you are from Russia or you route goes through any RU provider, then this it is the RU governmental issue (RosKomNadzor to blame).
    置之死地而后生 (In the land of death -- fight!)
  • Adel_Snoops
    Adel_Snoops
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue on xbox na. Game is almost unplayable due to lag and freezing in dungeons, trials, crafting, all menus, npc dialogues. Seriously Zos could u have broken the game any worse with an 'update'. I have zero lag or issues playing other games on xbox. Just Eso, and only since the update.
    At least acknowledge the issue Zos and tell us ur working on it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @jackdhy

Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post