Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Game takes forever to load from the launcher, then takes forever to load a character, then crashes

sleeviesaurus
sleeviesaurus
Soul Shriven
Is anyone else having this problem? I have not been able to maintain a steady connection for the past several hours. I have restarted my modem and router, installed optional Windows updates and restarted my PC multiple times.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    indeed
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Getting stuck on a loading screen is frequently caused by an add-on. Go ahead and uninstall your addons and try to log in again. To fully remove your add-ons, do the the following in this specific order:
    1. Exit the game
    2. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live in windows explorer
    3. Rename Addons to Addons.old
    4. Rename SavedVariables to SavedVariables.old
    5. Check in-game to see if the if the issues persist.

If the issue does not persist, then one of your add-ons is creating the issue. Try re-enabling your preferred add-ons one-by-one in order to determine which is causing the problem.

Changing game settings back to default can also help If the issue persists:
    1. Open the game and go to the settings menu [Esc].
    2. Go to each subsection, Social, Gameplay, etc. and reset all settings to defaults.
    3. Once this is done, try starting the game again.

If after resetting to default and clearing your add-ons and the issue continues, turn off your PC completely, reboot your router and try again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • sleeviesaurus
    sleeviesaurus
    Soul Shriven
    I've followed all the steps outlined above but I'm still having problems. The game and character loading are back to normal speeds, but during play I'm repeatedly getting kicked to a loading screen.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @sleeviesaurus

Since the suggested troubleshooting has not helped, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post