The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is your Vampire's house "spooky"?

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I decorated Proudspire Manor for my Vampire. When I showed it to a friend recently they were surprised that it wasn't dark and spooky. The reason I decorated this way is because I see Vampires as intelligent and refined, and lovers of the better things in life.

So the middle floor, where she entertains guests, has paintings and flowers, nice furniture and a beautiful grandfather clock. The dining room and kitchen are also modern and nice, and the patio is pretty with lots of flowers.

The top floor has a relaxation room with a bathtub, a music box, ambient lighting, a water fountain and a couch to sit back and enjoy pastries and tea. The bedroom is pretty traditional with beautiful Alinor furnishings.

The bottom floor is more in tune with her Vampire side. The small room is fenced off to keep her banekin pet contained. (He bites.) Then there is a Vampire throne by the fireplace for reading and drinking wine, and a desk and bookcase. The paintings on this floor are of a darker theme.

The room off to the side has a gate at the door to keep others out because that is where she studies her Vampirism. It has a Vampire throne, some Daedric books, incense, candles and a bookshelf containing vials and powders and everything needed for her research. There is also a Daedric pedestal and 2 Vampiric stained glass windows.

This is how I see my Vampire and decorated to fit my perception of her.

How did you decorate your Vampires' houses? Are they traditionally spooky or something else?
Edited by SilverBride on March 20, 2021 7:38PM
PCNA
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I consider Wraithhome my Vampire house and it's a little spooky I guess but mostly just very gothic. I'm still working on it, I need seven more Vampiric Stained Glass windows and some other items I'm still gathering.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two vampire houses. One is Daggerfall Overlook, which I designed as a Vampire Academy, with a basement wine bar and a hidden passage to a secret lair beneath.
    The idea being that this is where student vampires go to learn how to manage their "gift" without having to harm humans, like a college version of the Ravenwatch.

My other vampire build is an evil vampire lava submarine base and alchemy lab (Bastion Sanguinaris), which was built by members of the original Greyhost, but has now been taken over by the Ravenwatch.

I guess both houses have a dark history, but have been cleansed by friendlier vampires.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are awesome ideas. Maybe I should get her a second house in an out of the way location to further express her darker side. Because living in the middle of Solitude she is trying to remain inconspicuous and blend in.
    PCNA
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Because my vampire isn't defined by his vampirism. He's a refined and civilised breton, not some monster. Having blood, corpses, excessively dark and spiky furniture, and whatnots around is just barbaric. Blending in with society is also wise, not putting a giant sign on you telling everyone you're a vampire. Unless you live in a cave/ruin in the middle of nowhere.

[Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bastion home (which is in Etheart cavern as i hate the actual vamp home we got) is definatly dark and evil
    My dunmer's however is more of a dark but understandable as he lives and operates the family's crypt.

13ybrzmi8clc.png
    6qobacp1cas9.png
    5m7pz1wi5iu7.png
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a very dark, spooky and cramped little bungalow that's a ways off from a capital city for my vampires house. It's a horrow show in there. She's a dark brotherhood assassin, and she likes to play with her food.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on March 20, 2021 7:24PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I have a very dark, spooky and cramped little bungalow that's a ways off from a capital city for my vampires house. It's a horrow show in there. She's a dark brotherhood assassin, and she likes to play with her food.

This makes me wonder if her darkness is more from her Dark Brotherhood ties and her work as an Assassin than her Vampirism. What do you feel it is?
    PCNA
  • Vhale
    Vhale
    ✭✭✭
    I have Wraithhome as well and decided not to opt for the torture vibe. I went for a Tribunal vibe with some orc servant quarters, some work areas and a small gallery. I feel like the place is gothic/dark enough without adding to it.
    That said, if I'd had extra gold for crowns whole that vamp alchy pack was out, I would have cleared out the midlevel there to set that up. Too good to not use XD I may have to grab it next time it's featured.
    The Ska'vyn Exchange
    Savage Blade
    Vhale Sirothe -Templar - Grand Master Crafter - Daggerfall
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This makes me wonder if her darkness is more from her Dark Brotherhood ties and her work as an Assassin than her Vampirism. What do you feel it is?

It's a bit of both. She was more feral and reckless before the dark brotherhood gave her a purpose. She no longer creates thralls (but still has one living with her who helps her out sometimes) or draws unnecessary attention to herself, but she still does dark things to her victims whenever she's allowed. Sometimes to appease the nightmother (give her screams), sometimes because she's bored.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on March 21, 2021 6:34AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She was more feral and reckless before the dark brotherhood gave her a purpose.

Interesting observation.
    PCNA
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    My vampy house-I would say is cute? uu8typm6dhmv.png
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swankery wrote: »
    My vampy house-I would say is cute?

That is adorable!

I can't tell how big it is. Are you able to go inside?

Either way that is awesome!

PCNA
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I turned Black Vine Villa into a graveyard before I had a vampire character. He kind of took the place over. I'll have to grab a few screen shots. The ones I have now were before changes were made inside.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my vampires home. I think the outside looks better at night.

aYdqC3O.jpg
    zx8dIgz.jpg
    vxMS7Pq.jpg
    PrGVTKi.jpg
    aOmaBJT.jpg
    plO4LkL.jpg
    RmR8Jun.jpg
    mScQi7i.jpg
    dWyf3X6.jpg

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
    PCNA
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She lives in Bastion and is a Breton so it's fairly tasteful and classy with very small elements of spooky/danger.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    These are some awesome screenshots! It's cool to see everyone's different take on a vampire's home. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mine is a little spooky but it also looks like an art museum and has a strip club in it
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I described my Vampire's house in my original post, but I will present some screenshots. There are several so I will group them into three different posts. One for each floor.

Middle Floor and Patio

yudih1pz2103.png
    ixetcpnwitno.png
    m74erjooft9w.png
    f26fxu552va0.png
    curw1fhiqvax.png
    phv3gbre5bly.png
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upper Floor

1kzdovn4yr4q.png
    02nriioraut4.png
    vk3wbmemn0we.png
    4litcze7cgd2.png
    0fdry30ro8z4.png
    Edited by SilverBride on March 24, 2021 7:43PM
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lower Floor

iwmr9eh3bc7x.png
    pngbpk8dbk0c.png
    jce41xlgbc4u.png
    z63xx0v70pgq.png
    ycan0kw5igiv.png
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mine is a little spooky but it also looks like an art museum and has a strip club in it

I'd love to see a screenshot of that strip club!
    PCNA
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its too big for one screenshot -- as it also has a vip room --- but i will snap pics tonight and see if my old dumb self can figure out how to post them here
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its too big for one screenshot -- as it also has a vip room --- but i will snap pics tonight and see if my old dumb self can figure out how to post them here

Awesome!
    PCNA
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decorated Proudspire Manor for my Vampire. When I showed it to a friend recently they were surprised that it wasn't dark and spooky. The reason I decorated this way is because I see Vampires as intelligent and refined, and lovers of the better things in life.

So the middle floor, where she entertains guests, has paintings and flowers, nice furniture and a beautiful grandfather clock. The dining room and kitchen are also modern and nice, and the patio is pretty with lots of flowers.

The top floor has a relaxation room with a bathtub, a music box, ambient lighting, a water fountain and a couch to sit back and enjoy pastries and tea. The bedroom is pretty traditional with beautiful Alinor furnishings.

The bottom floor is more in tune with her Vampire side. The small room is fenced off to keep her banekin pet contained. (He bites.) Then there is a Vampire throne by the fireplace for reading and drinking wine, and a desk and bookcase. The paintings on this floor are of a darker theme.

The room off to the side has a gate at the door to keep others out because that is where she studies her Vampirism. It has a Vampire throne, some Daedric books, incense, candles and a bookshelf containing vials and powders and everything needed for her research. There is also a Daedric pedestal and 2 Vampiric stained glass windows.

This is how I see my Vampire and decorated to fit my perception of her.

How did you decorate your Vampires' houses? Are they traditionally spooky or something else?

Hi! I absolutely love your description and screenshots! It's so elegantly done! I also love that you went with your own vision of how you see your Vampire; it suits her beautifully. I also love all of the other descriptions and shots that everyone has shared! Such stunning work by all!
    I have a very very old work I did at my Daggerfall, but I tend to update it every year during Halloween. I used some eht addon fx and animations to help tell my story.. well, their story. Please feel free to visit anytime; they love having visitors!
    You probably should decline if they ask you to step down into the wine cellar for a tasting though....

https://youtu.be/OqYRfA37xl0

cr8fxwua6foa.png
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    I have a very very old work I did at my Daggerfall, but I tend to update it every year during Halloween. I used some eht addon fx and animations to help tell my story.. well, their story. Please feel free to visit anytime; they love having visitors!
    You probably should decline if they ask you to step down into the wine cellar for a tasting though....

I am blown away by your video. What an incredibly, eerily beautiful story you told! I watched it on my phone but will watch again on the big screen (my computer) to enhance the experience.

All I can say is "WOW".
    PCNA
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SilverBride , thank you for taking the tour and your kind words!

That is a very old home from years ago, but the story has stayed the same.

I have redecorated, or rather updated, certain aspects of the home. I used a number of EHT effects and animations and I wouldn’t have been able to tell the story this way without them. I really have to thank @ZOS_Cardinal for creating EHT addon and helping me get my kitty on the broom animation to work ❤️ as well as all of the players who submitted their own requests for him to add some of the effects you see there (the “Countess” image especially).
    I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your visit of the video tour.

Thank you so much for sharing your work as well and everyone who has posted screenshots and descriptions. I love seeing everyone’s different takes on their own personal versions of what they envision for their vampire homes. 🥂