The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

iMac 27” 5K 2020 issue

kouzelnik.milos.malypreeb18_ESO
Whenever I launch the game, it goes perfectly smoothly and fine for about 15-30 minutes. Then the picture starts to lag/freeze more and more. Strange is, that when I walk forward with my character, it is almost all right, the glitches are when I look around/turn my character (just a slight move of mouse is enough). This problem worsens until i restart the game, then it is all right again for about 15-30 minutes. Every time. Anyone else ever experienced the same issues? I really love this game, but is quite annoying especially in the larger group dungeons. I contacted support, after common questions about checking the system requirements, restarting router and computer, reinstalling game, lowering details etc. and they mostly asked me to test my network connectivity, which is fine. Then they wrote that they exhausted their troubleshooting options and asked me to try forums :-/ Anyway it is obvious that internet connection is not the problem. Otherwise the game wouldn’t be perfect for 15-30 minutes of playing every time after restart. Looks like graphics memory allocation or RAM problem which only occurs after 15-30 minutes of playing. Please help, I tried everything I could ...

I have iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020), macOS Big Sur latest version (11.2.3), processor 3,1 GHz 6core Intel Core i5, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4GB graphics
Edited by kouzelnik.milos.malypreeb18_ESO on March 19, 2021 6:31AM
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have the same problem.

I can explore & craft for a long time

BUT

Go into a dungeon or arena or world boss and by the end boss in a dungeon or after a couple of arenas in , say, Malestrom, yep camera panning becomes almost impossible fps drops to 7 when I try. Only cure is to reboot game.

It is a pain and you'd think enough was being said about this for someone to take notice...

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
    3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Radeon Pro 560 4 GB
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @kouzelnik.milos.malypreeb18_ESO

Could you provide your current ticket number by posting it in this thread?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kouzelnik.milos.malypreeb18_ESO
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

Could you provide your current ticket number by posting it in this thread?

Yeah it’s 210315-000979
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin

Thank you for the ticket number. Please check your forum inbox for an update.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
    xhldqipk7j1q.jpg

The problem persists. I am sending pic of my system information as I posted with my ticket to the support. Whenever I launch the game, it runs fine for 15-25 minutes, then the picture and movement of my character starts to "lag" whenever I turn/look around ... until I restart the game again.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I gave in.

Ran Bootcamp installed Windows 10 installed ESO on external drive.

Game runs like muck off a shovel. No lag no bugs; FPS went from 20 to 60.

So. Its not my hardware at fault!

I Should not have had to do all that should I.
    Edited by Deter1UK on April 1, 2021 3:12PM
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    Well I gave in.

Ran Bootcamp installed Windows 10 installed ESO on external drive.

Game runs like muck off a shovel. No lag no bugs; FPS went from 20 to 60.

So. Its not my hardware at fault!

I Should not have had to do all that should I.

I guess it is an option, but I hate Windows :# Next week I will finally get my hands on PlayStation 5 and will seriously consider playing ESO on it ... too bad I’d have to buy ESO again and loose my lvl 50 cp 339 character and everything I’ve invested into it :-/
  • haris13594
    haris13594
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah I have the same issue ever since the Big Sur update. I'm honestly surprised this is the first post since it's been like this for me for months. Honestly with them not supporting Mac OS anymore since the new macbooks came out I don't think this will ever be fix. But who knows maybe Microsoft will do something about it since the announcement of the mac thing was before that iirc.
    haris13594 wrote: »
    Yeah I have the same issue ever since the Big Sur update. I'm honestly surprised this is the first post since it's been like this for me for months. Honestly with them not supporting Mac OS anymore since the new macbooks came out I don't think this will ever be fix. But who knows maybe Microsoft will do something about it since the announcement of the mac thing was before that iirc.

May be if more of us contact support, they might try and do something about it :-/
    It seems for a couple of days, that the problem disappeared. Not sure if it was fixed with last update or some "self cleaning function" of MacOS did it ... but I am happy :-)
  • soulferin
    soulferin
    ✭✭✭
    I had this issue before - there is some kind of a problem with response frequency of Your mouse. If You will change it to 125HZ it will be solved. As far as I know this won't happen with bluetooth mouse.
    soulferin wrote: »
    I had this issue before - there is some kind of a problem with response frequency of Your mouse. If You will change it to 125HZ it will be solved. As far as I know this won't happen with bluetooth mouse.

OMG thank you soooo much!!! Now I realize, that when I used Apple mouse, ESO worked just fine ... I bought gaming mouse and that’s when the problems started. I just never thought that THAT could be the problem (neither did ESO customer support). Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • soulferin
    soulferin
    ✭✭✭
    soulferin wrote: »

OMG thank you soooo much!!! Now I realize, that when I used Apple mouse, ESO worked just fine ... I bought gaming mouse and that’s when the problems started. I just never thought that THAT could be the problem (neither did ESO customer support). Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm glad I could help :) it's ridiculous problem and iI found solution only because I had apple mouse on my desk beside my gaming mouse and tried to connect it to find out "what if..." ;p